Finally getting it together.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries there Ken,
Bloody cold out there now, damn near froze.
Got a bit of dirt and a few rocks for the retaining wall.

Cheers
Brad...

aushunter said:
I have never used the cabins, generally rough it a bit but I thought by the time you travel 2 hrs and then set up camp, half the day is gone, so a cabin came to mind.
Just clothes and some tucker.

Getting a bit cool out there now,

Cheers
Brad.....

How were the cabins Brad.-any luck-still only 2 degrees at 1030 this am.

Hello Jaros,

Mate we didn't stay the night, just a one dayer, turned out to be a sunny day, right for having a dig.
Lots of water to run a High Banker or what ever.

Started to get serious about the build and sorting out the feed hopper and trammel hopper.
Started with adding legs to the frame (adjustable).

Here a just a few images of my crazy idea of a trommel.
Hopefully the frame will be done this coming weekend.

Cheers
Brad..... :lol:

I am going to try a sluice that will be underslung, one that will catch the fines first then will terminate where the larger rocks are discarded, then another sluice that will catch everything again but is intended for the bigger chunkier gold, basically a nugget sluice as I have gotten larger gold that wont go thru the classifier of the trommel
I will be designing something up soon for the sluice trays next week.
Cheers
Brad

'Larger gold that wont go through the clssifier ....?'
Sounds like a terrible problem :lol:
Good luck with the build

aushunter said:
Hello Jaros,

Mate we didn't stay the night, just a one dayer, turned out to be a sunny day, right for having a dig.
Lots of water to run a High Banker or what ever.

Started to get serious about the build and sorting out the feed hopper and trammel hopper.
Started with adding legs to the frame (adjustable).

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/aushunter/FINAL%20TROMMEL%20ASSEMBLY%20-%20LEGS%20ATTACHED10_zpsgokpinud.jpg

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/aushunter/typ%20iso%20view03_zpspv6gfl2d.jpg

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/aushunter/typ%20iso%20view02_zpsgfwxjjw0.jpg

Here a just a few images of my crazy idea of a trommel.
Hopefully the frame will be done this coming weekend.

Cheers
Brad..... :lol:

you using solidworks mate? nice stuff

Yeah Mate,

Its a pretty stable program, used quite a few but seem to go back to Solidworks.
Getting there.............slowly

Cheers
Brad

aushunter said:
Yeah Mate,

Its a pretty stable program, used quite a few but seem to go back to Solidworks.
Getting there.............slowly

Cheers
Brad

ive been using it for the past year to produce all of my highbankers and sluices, leg brackets etc. makes it really easy to export to CNC tables lasers and press brake for manufacturing. I love it. the time you spend you never get back but the end results are worth it i think.

AtomRat said:
Looks like a nice tough unit mate, top job on the Solid Works models too! I havnt used that program since 98 I recon and I hated it lol ( prefer 3dsmax )

Hello AR,

I tried to import a Komatsu 930e Dump Truck model that was a 3DSMAX, didn't quite work out too good as solidworks 2016 dosent import it at all. I got the model off CGTrader and needed it for some work I was doing, spent the bosses money to get it so I needed a plan to get it into SLW's. Found a mate who had Inventor and imported it in there and then opened it up in SLW's only to find it was scaled down by 1000 and I couldn't attach anything to it at all. Finally found out the right scaling and then reversed engineered it in SLW's. but it came out Ok

We make all kinds of things for the mining industry on all kinds of machines and that 3dsmax thingy looks pretty good.
But I will stick to Solidworks, it works fine.

Cheers
Brad

Hello There People,

Finally got the legs welded to the frame and its looking good.
Also the lower Barrel tray is almost finished.

Sorted that out on Saturday morning, then headed on over to the Show Ground for the Lure and Tackle Event, bought a cuppla lures, (a fisho cannot have enough lures).
And then down to Hare and Forbes to look at a bit of gear for the workshop, looking at a TIG welder and Brake Press-Guillotine-Roller Combo, just got to be on the good side of the finance committee for funds,
Cheers
Brad

Wow a great build !
Innovation is also in the heart of the prospector. Thanks for posting your pics. Can't wait to see it finished and running
A lot more following than you might think !

Cheers

Latest posts