Finally getting it together.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AtomRat said:
Just a quick note, I can't tell only because its not seperate colors, but do you have something on the far end opposite the chain end to help hold the trommel down? My mate made one similar and it jumped up off the wheels and kinda broke itself..

It seems to hold well at this stage and have thought about something like that, so far so good.

It has been put on hold just for a while as the wife lady needs to see some painting done on the house (outside) before it gets too stinkin' hot.
The reno is coming along fine and have just started on the Bar/mini cinema for the boys. Gotta get that completed before Christmas.
But I will still do some progress work to it, next is the idler wheel and tension arm that will keep the chain taunt.

Cheers
Brad....

where did you get the motor from and what was the cost i have burnt out my original one thanks warrior

Go to the wreckers for the motor, $20.00 usually will get you one.

Cheers
Brad...

Hey there People,

It's been a while since I had anything to do with digging the yellow metal, as I said before the Renovation to our old home is now winding down, painting and more painting, but it is looking good. I am painting the bathroom now and I will have a bit of time to myself soon enough.

Just the shower screen and mirror and it will be usable.

So this weekend after a bit of painting I decided to get back to working on the mini trammel. I have it running pretty smoothly, hardly any noise what so ever,
and on a fully charged 12V 100AMP battery it will run for about 14hrs unloaded.

the business end of the trammel, I will get the alloy shute made up and it will be ready for the season coming up.

The plumbing will need refining, I will put a cuppla taps on it to control flow to the hopper and to the barrel.

A close-up of the plumbing

I was going to use a steel plate to bolt the plumbing to but a u-bolt worked perfectly for the job.

Anyway that is all i could do for the build until I start making the Hopper and the catchment tray for the sluice.
So I got the wifey and kiddles and headed of to the Amberley Air base for a look see. Highlight for the day for me was sitting in the pilot seat of a C17, wasn't allowed piccies in cockpit but got some of the inside of the cargo bay, man what a big plane.

Suck it in Brad.

The Tail end

Wifey and youngest lad.

F1-11

Sabre

Looking down in intake of an F1-11

An older war bird

We had a flaming good weekend finishing up with taking the boys to see a movie.
Heading out next weekend, haven't been for a while so I gotta make up for lost time.

Till next time cheers
Brad.......... :lol:

Thanks Jaros,

Yes it has been a while, so next weekend I am heading out to Glendon for a look-see with the lads, just for one night.
Will leave on Sat morning and head home Sunday. I should find out about the cabins.

Cheers
Brad

I have never used the cabins, generally rough it a bit but I thought by the time you travel 2 hrs and then set up camp, half the day is gone, so a cabin came to mind.
Just clothes and some tucker.

Getting a bit cool out there now,

Cheers
Brad.....

very envious, the globemaster comes to my work every week...125 tonne of awesomeness, i still drop my jaw every time i see it take off
and a small correction for you, it is a FA-18 hornet not a F1-11 mirage..but still very cool

Oh dear, my mess up there, looks like the photos of the missing F1/11 is missing and so is the mirage, wife lady is one of the engineers for Hornets and was also on the F1/11 program. I would try and edit my post but I can't seem to do that. Sorry about that.
Cheers
Brad".....

Not wrong there Yobs,

Zach is just 14yrs old and just touching 6ft, Alex has still a ways yet, but the attitude on both of them is way up there.
Still , they are my boys and love em to death.

Cheers
Brad.

Latest posts