"Find patch" (Locate Patch) setting on the 7000.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If i want to use the "Find Patch" mode. What does this do? Does it speed up the timings, or does it basically put it into enhance mode? Does it lose any depth or sensitivity? Thanks.

Last edited:
I haven't got my 7000 in front of me, scroll through your screen settings should be there. But I think it may have come out in the second software update. Been awhile since I turned the 7000 on. I could have a better look if you are having trouble?

Locate Patch is like a faster motion setting. Where you have ground that is giving you the moans, it can help to keep up and keep a steadier threshold. I often like to use it in combination with Normal ground type.
All covered here: https://www.minelab.com/community/treasure-talk/gpz-7000-ground-smoothing-options-software-update-2
Thanks for that Nenad. Here's another question for you. Can I run it in locate patch, and, extra deep at the same time? Or, will these two settings cause the Z to lose depth, sensitivity, and make it unstable. etc? wiley

Latest posts