Finally getting it together.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it would be good to get a vid when I am finished
I need to get it onto YouTube
Going to try and sort out the barrel spray bar today

Cheers
Brad

Hello People,

Well I couldn't help myself this weekend, after playing Laser Skirmish with a bunch of kids (Sons 12th B'day) on Sat, I thought I was going to be buggered out from that...Pain killers are good.. I started on the waste shute for the trommel.
I had a rather large alloy wheel chock that is no use to me so I butchered that for the waste shute.

It is starting to take shape.

And I also painted the Hopper, yeah I know, its gonna get scratched, but hey it looks good.

And did a bit of plumbing for the Hopper.

Then I stuck it altogether for a look see.

Then I just couldn't help myself so I hitched up the garden hose, turned it on and ran 2 buckets of very rough material thru it.
Worked pretty well considering it was angular type material and very sharp, so a nice clean run wasn't going to be, typical Glendon material.
But river wash was a different thing, perfect for that type of material.
I tried to upload a vid of the trommel working but it was too big to send, so a smaller vid was attached in stead.
It clean the rocks and gravel perfectly, so I am itchin to take it out for a maiden run to see how it will go.

http://vid638.photobucket.com/albums/uu104/aushunter/SAM_8965_zps3pr4dc9d.mp4

Cheers
Brad..

Hello Lads,

Got a bit more done to the trommel, laser cut a coupla items for the tension arm and drive sprocket

Cut items, laser cutting is a pretty awesome thing.

Drive sprocket parts.

Wont be doing to much more, heading to the US for a coupla weeks even going for a dig, should be good.

Cheers

Brad.....

Heading off on Sunday, going to do San Fran then off to do 2 days having a dig then Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Vegas and a few other sites.
Kids don't want to go because of the gaming time will be interrupted, so no electronics on this trip. I tried to get 3 days at Happy Camp but wife lady thought I was a bit of a weirdo going half way around the world just to have a dig for gold, so I promised myself I will go there and do a week or so on the Klamath up at Happy Camp.
Women just don't understand our needs sometime.

Cheers
Brad...

Latest posts