Finally getting it together.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's alot of work in them from design to build obviously .Awesome stuff, love it !

Thanks Jaros,
Nearly 16yrs as a product designer in all aspects of the earthmoving sector, been out of it for nearly 18 months and damn I miss it.
The jobs are just not out there and if one pops up it is very competitive.
I will cut out a large of the frame assembly today, but I wont weld it up yet, I will leave that up to my brother who has welding talents beyond my skill.

Cheers
Brad...

Arm a person with a passion and a computer, :)
Look what happens. :eek:
Very well done aushunter. :D

Well I finally got a bit of spare time today and cut the gal tubing out ready for a weld job. I think I will head down to the brothers place and get him to weld it up though.

Just did up a simple drawing to get the job moving.

A few sh#ts and bits.

Got a few cons in those bkts also to go thru, too wet up here QLD.
Cheers
Brad....

I saw a little trailer set up with 12v trommel feeding a side mounted sluice ... was very cool very compact.
I wish i had one for the clay fields.

I like your "quick drawing" .. at work we have the job half built generally before we get a drawing , when we finally do get a book chances are its wrong and the drawing looks like it belongs on the back of a napkin ..would say coaster but have seen some engineering genius drawn on the back of coasters. Builds coming along nicely look forward to seeing it completed . ? If it works are you going to sell some ? Otherwise any objection to me using your plans to make one myself ?

The plan is to publicly supply everyone and anybody with the plans completely free.
I will make sure it works first and then tweak it a bit in both the fabrication and working machine then I will put a pdf onto the forum for all.
Now I have seen the rocker with the hand pump/sump pump manual operated I think some drawings of that would be good here also.
Cheers
Brad...

Always been a fan of your designs Brad.
It was your highbanker design many years ago that motivated me to build my very first highbanker
Im sure this beast will work better than expected.
Looking forward to seeing it action
Cheers
ChrisM

Looks like its going to be an awesome build there Brad. What really blows me away are all your buckets ready to start feeding the beast once completed :D

MJB said:
Looks like its going to be an awesome build there Brad. What really blows me away are all your buckets ready to start feeding the beast once completed :D

They are already pre-classified down but I will run that lot thru as I am sure there wasn't a great deal of yellow in it. I creviced below a guy that was dredging the gully and I think a lot of that material was from his tailings. I did hit some hard pack that looked good and I know that some 6-9 grammers have come out of there.

Cheers
Brad....

Heatho said:
aushunter said:
Gudday Geo,

I used to design heavy machinery, buckets, quickhitches, grapples right up to the big draglines and face shovels, so I have a bit of experience in that field.
I work in some clay type materials some times and the longer in the barrel the better the odds.
I like my rocks as clean as possible, just doing the environ a favour by washing the rocks nice and clean.
Cheers
Brad...

Very difficult to get rocks totally clean in heavy clay even with a big trommel and high pressure water blaster, the Sapphire mine I visit regularly has a pretty big washplant and sometimes there are tailings piles on the property where there is so much clay the rocks are hardly washed at all with big clods of clay all through it, picking the right material to run through in the property owners opinion is very important also.

Right on, Heatho ! Clay is a nasty bugger :eek: I think in addition to your idea of carefully choosing what goes in the wash plants, it might help as well to soak the material with a detergent (possibly dish washer soap as Brad do) . But a long trommel barrels with metal cleats inside should help also break those nasty clay clods . The question is how to clean gold from the clay? This is food for thought for ingenious minds to chew on ;) As the say goes (if there is a will there is a way ) :)

At times I cannot believe the talent we have in here. :D
Puts my remote throttle on my pump to shame with design and draftsmanship.
I am going to like to see a Video of this machine when running.
Very well done.

.dwgs .. is that CAD? I used 3dsmax for quite a long time for game graphics but its more loose polygon work rather than measured engineering design like this. Amazing work mate.

Just a quick note, I can't tell only because its not seperate colors, but do you have something on the far end opposite the chain end to help hold the trommel down? My mate made one similar and it jumped up off the wheels and kinda broke itself..

Latest posts