NSW Bushfire advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not sure if i should have started a new thread or not ,but a big thank you to the fireries for the quick response to the fire at sharon qld yesturday ,it started about 1 km from my place , i have no way of staying to protect, as my dam is empty,so as we were preparing to leave the noise of the 4 choppers and 2 fixed winged water bombers flying over my house was weirdly calming ,after 3 hours of water bombing they drowned the fire,i stand and :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: .I do have fire fighting expreience,as i was 1 of the many volly fireries on the ground in the ash wedensday fires ,so i knew a empty dam there was no choice but to leave,so if you get a watch and act warning for your area please pack and get ready to go ,when told to leave please leave, and remember that person standing at your door is putting their life on the line by staying back to ask you to leave, so don't argue the point just go as you are making a bad situation worse

Manpa said:
LoneWolf said:
40+ in SA... :( :fire:

LW...

Yep, seven areas across the state classed as catastrophic tomorrow, hopefully there will be no fires. Police will be visiting and keeping a close eye on known arsonists.
Thankfully a change due by Thursday and much cooler temperatures.

42.5 average outside in the shade atm. here in Central Yorke Peninsula. Windy as hell. Horrid day. Just hope there are no idiots around.

There are now 124 Fires raging in NSW after Lightning Strikes from storms a few days ago... Now a new line of Storms have started today, things are getting worse...

LW...

That's good Goody :Y: , tho Not enough to put the bad fires out, it may clear up your smoke issues for a day or two tho... :Y:

Glen Innes got 38mm yesterday but their fires are still bad... With 2 more fires started from Lightning Strikes... :(

They need 60mm+ to make an impact... :/

LW...

LoneWolf said:
There are now 124 Fires raging in NSW after Lightning Strikes from storms a few days ago... Now a new line of Storms have started today, things are getting worse...

LW...

Not good :| I hope they get the rain that's needed.

Latest posts