NSW Bushfire advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken, Thanks for the offer, we should be right as we have most areas covered by hoses and pumps, it just becomes a bit more of an issue when we have the strong winds none of which are predicted in our area for the next few days, so all looking good at this stage. The tank is coming from Unanderra, supposed to be here at 8.30am and after Saturday's predictions are over we hope to drain the small tank back into the front dam if there are no further issues, that one is being replaced, bit of pipe work in the ground and then we are going to pump back from the front dam into the new tank, that will make us feel a lot better as we are not loosing it through evaporation.

Graham

Yeah it's not looking good at all. This week I have been to.3 fires already and been asked to go to Balladonia to help out up there for a few days. For those of you heading west the only way to Perth from Norseman is via Esperance as the highway to Coolgardie is now closed due to a fire.

Please stay safe people and I must stress this if you are foing to leave leave early

The Wollemi fire was started almost 8 weeks ago in very remote forest due to a lightning strike, then merged with others started by who knows why..... Then the RFS started backburning along Bells Line of Road about a week ago and it got away from them and then down into the Grose Valley, it was a good 10km away from the main fire front. Anyway this failed backburn is causing massive grief for people who live in the Hawkesbury area. Not bagging the RFS but they did stuff up with this one.

I was at Kurrajong Heights yesterday helping a friend prepare their property, tomorrow is going to be the big day where Kurrajong Heights will most likely be impacted and probably other suburbs too.

Anyway my view is that the main fire should have been waterbombed when it first started as it was tiny in the first few days but then spread rapidly once it took hold.

Drought really is the only blame for this fire spreading so rapidly.

Anyway hope the suburbs in the Blue Mountains get through this without any further property loses or loss of life.

Very very bad situation.

This pic was from 2 weeks ago at Upper Colo.

1576793931_20191115_142907.jpg

Sadly two lives lost in a motor vehicle accident last night and a number of volunteers injured. These deaths should be attributed to the person or persons who may have started these fires.
To the families and the broader volunteer communities my thoughts are with you
Sadly I fear these will not be the last.

Yeah I made the mistake on the 2nd. Drove from Sydney only to be told couldnt get thru at the road to tarago. Checked live traffic in the morning nothing was reported as being closed drive there and was stopped at about 9 am. Still got a bit of colour at Stewarts crossing maybe 50 specks. Packed up dragging my feet back to sydney

That is instant death,such a close call,glad those firery's got out.
A good reminder not to be a hero and get the f@#! out of there!

This is what they are up against.

Respect to the emergency services who are put in these situations. They do a hell of a job.

It is a good video to show what happens with a raging fire , how fast it can move, the immense devastation it can cause in a very short period of time and how quickly it evolves into a full blown situation of survival for those in it`s path.

The heat would have been pretty intense in that fire.

Latest posts