NSW Bushfire advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would give anything a crack right now if there is a tiny chance of bringing rain , a friend just suggested getting a set of party speakers and playing Cherokee Indian rain dance music which you can find for free on YouTube , park up near the fire with the speakers on the back of the mighty troopy and play it on Loud.

Now I am sure a percentage of you will be saying nutcase

Suggest to a Native American that rain dance doesnt work and they would think the same about you LOL

Edited ;

Do our aboriginal shaman have any history of rain dance ceremonies ? I have to plead ignorance on our First Nation history there.

CreviceSucker said:
I would give anything a crack right now if there is a tiny chance of bringing rain , a friend just suggested getting a set of party speakers and playing Cherokee Indian rain dance music which you can find for free on YouTube , park up near the fire with the speakers on the back of the mighty troopy and play it on Loud.

Suggest to a Native American that rain dance doesnt work and they would think the same about you LOL

Edited ;

Do our aboriginal shaman have any history of rain dance ceremonies ? I have to plead ignorance on our First Nation history there.

That they do. :cloudy: send the rain :Y:

shakergt said:
CreviceSucker said:

Edited ;

That they do. :cloudy: send the rain :Y:

It wouldnt hurt to ask , but maybe they are thinking why should they when its white fellas folly causing it......

Reports are coming out that a majority of the recent fires were deliberately lite. :

QLD..police report 55 fires deliberatly lite.
https://www.afr.com/companies/agric...5-fires-were-deliberately-lit-20191112-p539rg

We had 4 fires deliberately lite in our local area (Morisset Cooranbong ) fortunately they were quickly put out by our local firestation before they became a major threat to properties such as a high school and houses.

As a society we really have problems.

nucopia said:
Reports are coming out that a majority of the recent fires were deliberately lite. :

QLD..police report 55 fires deliberatly lite.
https://www.afr.com/companies/agric...5-fires-were-deliberately-lit-20191112-p539rg

We had 4 fires deliberately lite in our local area (Morisset Cooranbong ) fortunately they were quickly put out by our local firestation before they became a major threat to properties such as a high school and houses.

As a society we really have problems.

When one hears this and sees the pain these A****holes cause, one becomes disgusted with the lily-livered legal system. These arsonists don't deserve to be part of our society, but what to do? Having been front line on several fires, I have my views, but can't repeat them here, my home in '94 was an arsonist, 2001 was a dumb-ass farmer and not for the first time!

Need to have Gladesville Hospital back and lock them there permanently!

If someone loses their life in a deliberately lit fire, the arsonist, if found, should be charged with murder.

Just my 2 bobs worth :mad: :mad: :mad:

They have charged quite a few with Arson and I would love to see jail time for these Sick A #$oles,,, Lets wait and see if these Judges are real and they actually serve some time... I also agree with the idea of charging them with Murder... :mad:
These Fire Investigators do a fantastic job at determining if a fire was deliberately lit and who lit it...

Our Hired Help arrived at Richmond AF Base this morning... This Super Bomber carries 35,000l of water and can drop it in 8sec... The RFS 737 only carries 15,000l so the big fella will make a real impact I hope...

LW...

They have charged a bloke for starting the Ebor fire ...

Don't understand why people need to so such things...

Goody

They charged a XYZ in Sydney starting a fire in a park with Fireworks... Local residents put out the fire and held him till the cops arrived.. During a search of his car he had, Fireworks, 100 sparklers and several lighters...

He is now facing serious charges including 'Possession of Explosives' ... Well done Cops and hope he gets Jail time...

LW....

:lol: :lol: :rolleyes: A man has just been charged starting a back burn fire to Protect his Cannabis Crop... I cant put up a link as its on 9news and I have issues with 9's website...

CreviceSucker said:
For any of you thinking of building a home in a bushfire zone,

There are a few companies that produce fire resistant pyro window glass and glazing, Viridian below are miles cheaper than PyroPanel

https://www.viridianglass.com/products/fire-protection/pyroguard-40

Fireproof the rest of your home and it shifts the goal posts.

Better still, stay in your cities and away from the tree change.

Cheers

Doug

Ramjet said:
A 9 year old boy was caught lighting fires in my area.

There are adults whose idea of parenting is to shout at the kid shut up I am busy watching TV or laugh at their kids when they are naughty.

Other parents hit their kids when they are naughty then when they cry they reward them with a cuddle . Both of these clusters train their kids to be shithedz.

And the kids do what ?

Rockhunter62 said:
CreviceSucker said:
For any of you thinking of building a home in a bushfire zone,

There are a few companies that produce fire resistant pyro window glass and glazing, Viridian below are miles cheaper than PyroPanel

https://www.viridianglass.com/products/fire-protection/pyroguard-40

Fireproof the rest of your home and it shifts the goal posts.

Better still, stay in your cities and away from the tree change.

Cheers

Doug

City ?

Do I have to ?

When I take a dump I prefer not to look at that either.

Latest posts