Prospects sites (NSW)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello
I was wondering if anyone had any info on prospects sites, I have a permit and it’s in the zone but this website shows really old mines and everything but doesn’t tell you if you can dig there or what kind of property it is, it’s just a open area with fire roads all around
Any info appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_5513.png
    IMG_5513.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5514.png
    IMG_5514.png
    9.4 MB · Views: 3
Hello
I was wondering if anyone had any info on prospects sites, I have a permit and it’s in the zone but this website shows really old mines and everything but doesn’t tell you if you can dig there or what kind of property it is, it’s just a open area with fire roads all around
Any info appreciated
Why would you even want to dig on a barite prospect?

What permit do you have?
I'm assuming you have a NSW State Forest Fossicking Permit which only covers NSW State Forest areas & nowhere else.
The prospect you've shown is on private property so even if it was worthwhile looking at you'd need their permission.

Have a read of the NSW rules here: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/threads/❗fossicking-prospecting-regulations-all-australian-states.125/

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/threads/nsw-a-minefield-of-rules-simplified-hopefully.40536/
Thank you
Sometimes it’s hard to figure out with just open land and fire trails

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeaa just a forestry one,

Im after anytning really been in and out of hospital for 12 months, all I’ve done is watch videos and reading so much now I’m finally well enough to go out just don’t know where to start
Barite is an industrial mineral, many uses like being added to the mud in drilling rigs to increase mud weight and prevent blowouts. It is not particularly valuable and really not much use prospecting for.
If you are going to use MinDat, look for Au (gold) occurrences, not much use looking for a mineral that is sold by the truckload.
Best of luck and happy hunting.

Hello
Any info appreciated
When on crown land you need a permit for every seperate lot you are on eg sofala you need a permit for every different lot you are on a 12 month tempory permit is free from a crowns lands office, once you cross river at greenpoint on eastern side it is then run by bathurst council and you need the land owners permission only

Latest posts