Clermont Qld information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi KM, first day alot of false digs and ground noise. That was in the FP settings. It was humming nice but every 10 secs would give a high pitch dig me signal. Zip when I dug.

Next morning when hit definite target in FP played with settings till I had it humming nicely.

The settings I chanaged to where
Rx gain-10
Stabilizer-8
Signal-18
Audio-94
Every thing else in FP.

With these settings 4500 run smoth. I dug a bit of lead 1gram at 12" the target was loud and dig me yell.

I have only been swing for 3yrs so no expert but found 7 junk targets from 4-12" with 4500 humming with those settings.

With my limited experience I think the elite is a awesome coil.

Thanks Polky

I know it will take abit of time to work it out I have always liked my 14x9 nugget finder I put it on yesterday and just feel good with it.

I've been told by someone at coiltek that the elite is more sensitive or equal to the smallest coil due to the winding, and will get a target a good depth, heres hoping keep in touch if you can on the coil, I know the ground can change alot at Clermont.

Thanks again.
K-M

Hi KM, now home the lead weighted 1.3 grams and measuring the mark
on my pick handle 10.5 inches. Not as impressive as first thought, still
thats good depth and the coil ran smooth. Waiting to see if coiltek bring
out an 18 inch with new windings.

Hey Polky,

Yeah mate doing OK, 12 very small bits day one.

2 even smaller bits day two.

Another 12 small bits day 3.

Day four set up the "New" 4500, using Commander 15x12 mono got a faint signal and dug a 1.7g at about 10ins.
So much easier to swing than the Zed!!!
Switched back to Zed and got another faint signal about 4 metres from previous. Classic low / high signal
getting stronger with depth. 3.7g at about 13ins.
Picked up another 3 small bits making 6.2g for the morning.

More than happy with that.

Going to try Macdonalds Flat tomorrow.

Cheers
Den

Doin well mate. Is Linda swinging the SDC. Or worried about getting a slap.
Year mate the weight difference you would certainly notice after using the
Zed. Going for a swing around Gladstone, more to keep learning with the 4500.
Keep going but leave some for me. I spent a lot of time at McMasters and didn't
do much good. Let me know how ya do at ya Gladstone spot if that's OK.

Hi Polky

Thanks for that, slowly sorting it out, yes its a sensitive coil, been doing plenty of digging only gold a .45 so far but you certainly know when there is a target wont miss it.

K-M

Qlend, so clermont went OK hey. Have fun with the
NEW 4500. Ya would notice the weight difference
from the z.
Did ya look at that spot my neck of woods.

Polky

Hi Polky,

Mate gave us a tour of the area pointing out potential areas but we never got the gear out!

All the areas were closer to housing and shops than we are used to so we were a bit nervous.
Kind off regretting that decision now so might head back up in the coming weeks.

Really need to find somewhere closer than Clermont!!

Saw you were going to Lancoorie last week, how did you get on?

Cheers

Qlden

Shops are handy when ya need a cool drink. Trip to Vic cancelled due to f#% work.
Now permanent on gas plant Curtius Island Gladstone, 5 on 5 off rooster. Also 2 blocks of 5 weeks a year holidays.. Lota time off to get out there. 5 days off not enough to head to clermont, same need to spend time looking closer to Gladstone.
Good to hear ya had fun clermont. And the new 4500 went well.

Hi guys and gals, my partner and I are heading off to Clermont in the next few days, just wanting to know what it's like on the property provided ect... I have a lowered Holden ute and am curious as to weather ill even make it onto the gold fields. Any info on Clermont at all would be helpful.. TIA - TP

Hi mate

Was out there Just before the Rain a couple of weeks back, some places you'll get into but some you'll be lucky to get past the gate.

I took my Hiace van up the back of bathampton (no way the ute will make it) and a fair way into Macmasters, that was pretty easy going to the left of the gate and around the dam.

I visited most of the GPA's and had little trouble at least getting in some of the way, though the Hiace was challenged once or twice. LOL I avoided mud at all costs.

Go and see JP at the shop in the shopping centre and he will give you the low down of where you'll get best access.

Have fun Mate, Great time of year out there and make sure you try the Bakery, the scrolls are to die for!!

Clegy

Hahah thanks clegy! I figured i would have some drama. If the hiace can get you swingin im in luck! And ill make sure i head to the bakery first thing!!!

I was about to go to Bottom Aspley GPA today and the caravan park owner told us that this GPA was closed this morning as the owner had phoned them and advised that he was closing it to prospectors as some idiot had left the gate open yesterday and a large number of his cattle had got out.
Thanks to a thoughtless fool we have lost another place to enjoy our great pastime.

That sucks the big Weenie..... this is one reason I always do a double take on the gates I close on ranches. Just in case I was distracted by some thought and forget to close and lock the gates as I found them when I go through. I covet the privilege of hunting private property and large ranches....hope the fella has a change of heart and after awhile allows prospectors back to hunt gold. Good Luck....

From opening a gate to closing a gate after driving through takes about 30 seconds, anybody that has an attention span that can't handle this should not be allowed out on their own.

Latest posts