Clermont Qld information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mick picked up just over 8 oz last year biggest bit was 28 gms .but the patchs were working have all but run out . On the hunt for new ground now

Got out for few hours before the rain. Picked up 6 bits for 1.86 gms bit of luck it will be fine in the morning

Hi tymor
Heading up there june/july for about 4 weeks. went up last year for the first time with my infinium,found about 4kgs of scrap metal the first 2 weeks then borrowed a 4500 for 2 weeks and found about 5grams.First bit of gold for me and a big learining curve on the 4500.Good luck to you and hope you find the mother lode.

Went out yesterday for the first time to try my luck at one of the GPA in Clemont.

After a a couple of hours of bolts bullets and nails I found a small piece of gold.

This is the first piece I have found by myself with my detector so had to tell some one.

I had no great expectations when I went out. I am in Sapphire chasing gems so the gold chase was a distraction.

Rich

You'll have to petition Nugget to change your name from Nofind to Afind :lol:
Good stuff mate - you'll be hooked for sure now.

Good on ya, Nofind. That first find is extremely elusive isn't it. They tell us, virgins, that the first one's the hardest, well mate, I'm still trying so good on ya. Must be a hoot! I hope to change my account on the upcoming Bash to laanecoorie and if I do you hear the "eureka" up where you live, believe me.

Thanks to all,
I was wrapped when I found it. I dug everything and did not think this was gold until I held it in my hand.

I went down to Bendigo earlier in the year and a mate was using my detector when we found a smaller piece but this was the first by myself with my detector.

I have been out digging for sapphires today, bloody hard work. Detecting is much easier.

Thanks again for comments it is encouraging,

Rich

I am considering going out to Claremont in Central Qld. Just trying to get a feel for what is out there. I have done as much research as I can but if anyone is familiar with the area from a prospecting point of view, any info would be helpful. No idea what to expect or what to take etc. I am more panning rather than detecting. I know water is an issue but after rain? Any creeks? Can I concentrate and bring home? I am from Rocky.

Hi glot i also had the idea to go where the gold is/has been.... still havent gone yet. Lol. I live in gympie and between here and rocky there is heaps of undiscovered gold fields. Due to low price and war many areas were never looked at... im finding fresh gold around my area in places that hadnt been worked.
Sorri i cant help ya with claremont just though id share that.
:D

Hi we are in yeppoon my husband is born and bred Clermont boy his grandparent owned copper field, every long week end we head out there, I have never heard of anyone panning out that way at all, everyone we have met are detecting.

Best thing to do if you want first hand information on the area is give Andrew a call "number removed by moderator as per forum rules" he runs Clermont detectors and will tell you first hand whats happening out there.

Best of luck with it all.
Cheers Margaret

no water im pretty sure....hasnt rained for a long time anything decent....pretty much detector and thats it.

I sent two inquiries re a visit to Clermont to Clermont detectors and both times never received a response. I do know that there is a vast area to try as I finally managed to get hold of the info about the place elsewhere. Good luck up there.

Bathampton General permission Area you can download the map we were there last June not far out of town, seemed to be an interesting area on the map if you follow the first road in when you get to the top you will see they have gone in with machinery and taken the top off its white quartz every where so in this area there is alot of dry creek beds you will see on the map 2 large dams they are big dams easy to get to can drive right to them no problems maybe if you stay around this area, you wont have trouble with water. This is the best area I've seen for doing abit of panning, I did pick up abit of gold out of the quartz it all heads down hill to the creeks.
Good Luck
Margaret

Hi swingers. 3 weeks before work starts. Thinking of headin out to Clermont for a week.
Have people been doin alright out there. Will have the sdc and will see if I can hire a 4500.
Get some practice before I buy one. Can anyone advise on settings for the area.

Thanks Polky

Latest posts