Clermont Qld information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good read its probably the closest to me and thats excactly whats stopped me from going there as ive heard its fairly well worked out. Will definitely keep up to date with this one.

Lets hope so...planning on heading out there in a couple of weeks with the family to try our luck again...

Just got an email re: this. Might be interesting for a few members.

More details on the Outback Prospector website apparently.

1521805613_1542b132-23dd-41af-a5d3-afdcf85eb024.jpg

Although I havent been there for about 3 years ,

The town certainly needs this .

Congrats to all involved in making it happen .

This is very good news!
I need some more details?
Well done and thank you to all who have been involved in making this happen.
Matt T

Good to hear and with no longer needing to purchase a fossicking kit an added bonus .................... now just for a good place to camp and it's :Y:

But they have also lost one apparently ? Bottom Aspley permanently closed, the old win some lose some :N:

read a news article in the news about new areas in Claremont open to prospecting. Probably of interest to some in this forum. Maybe some one more internet savy than me could post the link. Thanks in advance.

Hello all I am planing on doing a road trip just me and dog up to North Qld in the very near future and would like to have a crack at swinging a detector about on the way there , of the 10 sites that Clermont has to offer only 3 are mutt friendly these are Black Ridge, Museum Reserve and Town Reserve could anyone recommend witch of these locations might be better for a newbie, Secondly what machine would be best suited for this terrain I had thought about the gold monster 1000 but after spending countless hours on the net and youtube I'm leaning more towards the equinox 800 and down the track when my budget allows it getting the 6 inch coil for it , thanks in advance :Y:

Hi Snasman, Welcome to P.A.
Town reserve, would be my pick if using a VLF, its been used as a dump so has a lot of iron through it and has strong emi from power lines and the sub station been not far from it, this keeps the minelab PI machines in other ground.
I havent been to museum reserve but its close to town.
Black ridge has working leases at the top of the hill if you go there be careful not to leave the gpa it isnt fenced!A bit of iron trash amongst the workings down hill to the flood plain.
Matt T

hy all just a short message on wendsday i was out having a bit of a detect around four mile west and birimgan west no luck but was not there long there eas a few others having a go .if by chance they read this i was the guy driving around in a blue hylux if you thought i was acting a bit suspect i wasnt i was looking for my gps which i had taken off and put i my rear bullbar and when i did this i thought thats not a very bright idea best not get in the habbit of putting it there to easy to forget and low and behold got straight in my truck and forgot it so iwas just tetracing my steps looking for it no luck on that front either anyway good luck to everyone

Latest posts