Clermont Qld information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting thought there Jon.
Am wondering are those 2 ML,s (70526/7) gold or coal? Both different numbers from what I saw there.
There is no indication of them on the GPA maps.
Mike^

They are for coal & related infrastructure. There are 4 in total. They must be scratching about prepping for something. I wonder how much GPA they will eat up assuming they will also want buffer zones once they start up proper?
Big guys win again by the looks but hopefully people up there will push for other allowable areas or GPA area to replace it. Anyone up there pushed State Forests to open up more?

I only want to repeat what I said in the beginning. In Victoria, you never see a sight denergrated as these around Clermont appear to have been. In fact, in Victoria, Parks actually burn areas so as to allow easier access for the prospectors and fossickers [its not done for that reason, but that's the result] and in that way, they welcome people who are hunting the yellow.
And sites that are deemed "historical" are preserved by Govt and fossickers alike as we understand their significance.
I guess if Qld thinks that the weather, the reef, the lifestyle etc is its best assets, then we who fossick, will choose to go else where. Maybe I will, but then again maybe I'll come back one day but only to other places of greater significance. For those who do well at Clermont........good on ya, and I hope you find your payday.

Tassie Daz I live in Queensland and yes it is the backwood state in a lot of way but thats Queensland about Clermont I know someone that got 152 ounces yes 152 ounces of GOLD in 2 day out of Clermont maybe he was just LUCKY ;) ;)

P.S. And yes I saw the GOLD :D :D

Tassie Daz said:
I only want to repeat what I said in the beginning. In Victoria, you never see a sight denergrated as these around Clermont appear to have been. In fact, in Victoria, Parks actually burn areas so as to allow easier access for the prospectors and fossickers [its not done for that reason, but that's the result] and in that way, they welcome people who are hunting the yellow.
And sites that are deemed "historical" are preserved by Govt and fossickers alike as we understand their significance.
I guess if Qld thinks that the weather, the reef, the lifestyle etc is its best assets, then we who fossick, will choose to go else where. Maybe I will, but then again maybe I'll come back one day but only to other places of greater significance. For those who do well at Clermont........good on ya, and I hope you find your payday.
As disappointing as it is Daz they probably aren't breaking any rules/regs there so unfortunately it goes on.

It is great that Victoria & places in NSW etc. protect some of these places but don't be fooled into thinking it doesn't or wouldn't occur in Victoria or any other state. Old diggings etc. get pushed in or have been already on private land everywhere. Some of the Environmental Statements I've read in regards to heritage areas are a joke. One I read said "No heritage areas of any significance". I know the area & there are old hut remnants, old diggings, old shafts/tunnels/costeans, signs of water retaining/directing stone walls, what appears to be some type of old stone ovens etc. They want to open cut or surface mine the area meaning it will all or mostly be levelled & if the ML goes through they have gotten away with lies in my opinion, although I don't really know what the Government would consider a "significant heritage area" & if it was considered as such how we'd even stand as fossickers continuing to use it? It's a fine line but I can see where your coming from.

Victoria is definately the most fossicker friendly state I've been to. I hope to get back there myself this year.

nuggetino said:
152 ounces from a designated GPA? Just a smidge of luck there lol

Yes designated GPA it was about 5 years ago so maybe he got the last lot LOL LOL I have his GPS setting for it so when the son gets home will give his new 17X13 NF coil ago ;) ;) ;)

Hi fellas heading out t clermont at the end of month.
What would the ground be classed as. Have the new 4500
With the elite, 15x 12 mono, and the 8" DD. Will the
Monos be OK or should I buy another bigger DD.

Thanks Polky.

P's. Been to clermont with the SDC it run good.

Polky
I have not been to Clermont & I don't own a GPX, but I would say that the ground out there is no worse than Georgetown & you should be able to run your mono's in Enhance.
Lee

I haven't detected that area my self as well, but I agree with rc62burke that enhance should run well in that ground and if it gets to noisy in areas drop down to sensitive smooth. The sensitive smooth timing will loose depth on some targets, but its still a good timing in hot ground with a mono coil on small gold.

Thanks for the advice fellas. Lee thanks for the heads up when I
went to western creek. Small world, turns out I went to college with
Shirley Young. Will definitely going back in the next winter.
Thanks again fellas.

Heres a blog from JP testing the then new 18" Commander Mono at Clermont.
http://www.minelab.com/treasure-talk/why-i-like-to-use-large-mono-coils
From that you will be fine with a mono in Enhance & once up there you may even find areas where you can try other timings too?
p.s. what did you do with the 11" DD supplied with the new 4500? The 11" is a good all-round sized coil that would probably do if you did find a need to use DD's rather than mono's without buying any extra coils.

Head to clermont tomorrow for 5 days detecting. Will have SDC and 4500.
Couple days on the GPA,s. Then would like to get out in the Drummond ranges or Forrest. Will always seek permission if private property. If there is a homestead near by will go and talk to owners.

Polky. Thanks for info Sunriseboy. Will let ya know how I go.

Best of luck. Look forward to some photos if you are successful. Remember what Old Charlie says: Low and Slow.

Hi Polky,

How did you go?
Was this your first outing with the 4500?
Did you get your cable problems sorted on the SDC?

Linda and I will be back in Clermont tomorrow on our way home.
Probably stay for a week or so, pity we missed you.

Was told about a possible place to try near Gladstone. Will let you know if worth a look.

Cheers

Den & Linda

Hi Qlend, Would have been good to catch up.
I run the sdc without headphones or booster.
Found 4 tiny bits this trip using her, so lead problem not solved.

Yes first time out with the 4500, no gold spent 2 days learnin the machine.Got her running pretty quiet, dug junk down to around 12" using the 14" coiltek elite now just need to swing over some gold.

Hows Linda going with the sdc and yourself with the 7000. Have ya been swinging since Wcreek.

Man the heat out clermont is not to bad at the moment, cool to at night. The FLIES are thick and annoying. Have fun out clermont and would appreciate any info on ground around gladstone. When ya hitin glady may be able to hook up. I am away for work till mid November

Have fun stay safe Polky.

Hi Polky

Just a bit of feed back on the elite if you could?
Do you like it may be dumb Q
Can you get it to settle in high mineral ground? or have you dug a larger number of false signals.

I just got one runs fine it the white dirt, got a .45 with it but cant hear anything in the good dirt.

Wondering if your finding it abit hard to handle or smooth.

I'm Running it on a 5000

We were going to head to Clermont next week long week end our usual yearly trip, now we have to go to Brisbane.

Hope you do well out there.

K-M

Latest posts