Which goldfield between Gold Coast and Sydney?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey together!

its been a while that i signed up here to ask for detector buy advice.. after all, i ended up just buying a GPX 6000 :) I love it and it brought me already few small pieces in Western Creek and few small ones in Clermont. Im travelling with my girlfriend, we are currently in the Gold Coast but from tomorrow i will have 8 days for myself where i will go detecting before i will pick her up in Sydney again.

I was glancing at the Warwick area, to either go to one of the GPAs there or maybe Glendons Campgound or Heart Hill Campground. Another option would be to drive down to Mudgee / Hill End and go to some area there. Its not clear to me yet though where exactly i can go without having to go through a permission seeking process first.

I just got the impression after some research and talking to other people during our travel that Warwick was hit very hard and its not peoples first choice. I hope to get some opinions here wether its worth looking more into other options than Warwick area or if i should just give it a try there.

Im happy to do a few hours detour also on the way down so if someone can recommend an area somewhere between Gold Coast and Sydney, please do so!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks, looked into that.. it kind of matched what i heard so far about Warwick but i guess i will just drive there today and give it a try today/tomorrow and then do further research and maybe get some other opinions here about where i could go the other 5-6 days on the way down to Sydney.

Also, i couldn't find any "fossicking area" layer for NSW in trilobite like it exists for QLD. Does anyone know some fancy way to find possible areas within trilobite or is there some other useful map/app for NSW?

Latest posts