Clermont GPa

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all i am very new. Just got my Queensland permit and keen as. I am unable to get a detector just yet. My question is, is it worth while to pan in Clermont GPA. I know there is very little water, I am happy to take my own water and tub. Any info or help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys

you could try a bit of panning at McDonalds Flat GPA it's close to town about 5km or so there are a couple of reasonable size creeks out there with rock bar type of things in them, I'm pretty sure you would find a spec or two in a pan.

I doubt you will pan enough there to buy a detector but you will have a bit of fun

cheers dave

you could try a bit of panning at McDonalds Flat GPA it's close to town about 5km or so there are a couple of reasonable size creeks out there with rock bar type of things in them, I'm pretty sure you would find a spec or two in a pan.

I doubt you will pan enough there to buy a detector but you will have a bit of fun

cheers dave
Thanks dave. Lol in the response to being able to find enough to buy a detector. I am getting a gold monster 1000 for Christmas, I cant wait. But i just want to get out now and start my prospecting journey.

Closer to your home, if you know anyone with property around Mt Haden , Grasstree Beach....
Thanks mate. I already know those areas you speek of but like you said, need to know property owners. It is all off limits unless you have property owner permission. I hope others know that as well lol.

cheers dave
at the back of brimigan east gpa creek to the right has water in it

Latest posts