Aldi detector hunt

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was buying a new detector now it would be a CTX. Team Bogan and Dejan are a big part of why I like it. My only concern is that it's almost a kilo heavier then the Pro. The At Pro is a great machine so I really have no NEED to upgrade. Doesn't stop me wanting one though. :D

Ramjet said:
If I was buying a new detector now it would be a CTX. Team Bogan and Dejan are a big part of why I like it. My only concern is that it's almost a kilo heavier then the Pro. The At Pro is a great machine so I really have no NEED to upgrade. Doesn't stop me wanting one though. :D

YOLO RJ, we deserve to be spoilt sometimes!

I had a play around with SA_Bogan's CTX, and it didn't seem overly heavy, more to do with good balance of the detector.

Heatho, I was also thinking back to when another member had issues with moisture entering the "waterproof" coil of their Aldi, so that may also contribute to the erratic behaviour if that is indeed the case with yours. Can't remember if they took it back for replacement. :)

Hi

If you are looking for a CTX pm me a friend has one for sale
Can point in the right direction lots of extras still under warranty
Looks after his gear have bought from him before

Mark

Mr T said:
Hi

If you are looking for a CTX pm me a friend has one for sale
Can point in the right direction lots of extras still under warranty
Looks after his gear have bought from him before

Mark

Cheers Mr T but really not quite ready to buy one yet. About a month or 2 and I'll probably get one, am looking at other options too but a CTX is what I will most likely get.

The detector was better bahaved today in milder ground, hit the dog walking park again, got sniffed, poked, prodded, dog tried to jump in my lap and got slobbered on, the dogs were much better behaved though, err just joking.

Anyway, got 11.72. Spent some time wandering around the park but most coins seem to be on one side where markets are held, the other side only seemed to have vintage ringpulls and other assorted junk.

Finds are quickly diminishing here, need greener pastures again. I always seem to pick the best spots first go and then clean out the dreggs around the perimeters of the honey holes.

1429085392_20150415_180201.jpg

Ramjet said:
Plenty of nuggets I bet :D Sorry, couldn't resist.

Lol yeah there were a few, had to be careful where you put the detector down, actually there was a coin spill right near one though just far enough away if you know what I mean. :lol:

I had a great signal under a full on wet nugget areas the other day,... just took note of its location for after the nugget(dung) beetles have had there way and the fresh water from the (rains are coming)sky helps clean up the area to my detecting satisfaction.(I hope it turns out to be better than a nugget !)

That's our lot in life though Heatho,....as detectorists,... Dog Sh!te and Prickles(mine anyway).

Good luck on the gold Heatho, certainly a hard task when dealing with tons of similar sounding junk targets - keep telling myself must dig all 5c and pull tab targets. :D

Good score Heatho,... may have been a fine chain near where you found the pendant.

You could be right Silver, I think the heart pendant and the one from the other day were pretty close will have to go back for another swing I think, the aldi may not detect it though, might try on all metal mode instead.

Got out to an oval I've detected before and done well at for a few hours. I did quite well again today. I mainly only detected a 15x10m area and had to pretty much grid it there were so many coins, right on the side of the halfway line on a soccer field. Best hunt in ages, the tally is 42.95 or 43.95, can't remember after a couple of beers...... hiccup....... :cool: and could not be bothered re-counting them. There were quite a few recent drops as not many were more than 2 inches deep, a few were a lot deeper though.

1431245071_20150510_172543.jpg

1431245071_20150510_172734.jpg

Latest posts