Aldi detector hunt

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Treasure will come Foodgem if you keep at it, sometime you need to get rid of the junk to find the treasure, sometimes that piece of junk will be a Gold ring.
Thanks Rod, $16 from a park I hadn't done yet and $10 in mostly recent drops from a park that has given me Gold in the past, was hoping for more but only Goldies.

Here's the junk bucket for the 2 sessions. :rolleyes:

1421728893_20150120_153659.jpg

Looks like a better gold to junk ratio than our trips to Hill End there Heath.

Good to see you getting some return on your efforts. Got to love those $2 coins.

Continuing on from yesterday, hit another park I havn't done before and got $19.60, a 1911 Penny in really bad condition and 2 junk rings, dunno why people wear these things, an extra couple of $2 coins would have been more welcome, oh well that's detecting, almost thought I hit the jackpot. The large ring was only the 2nd target. Nearly all the coins came from a 3x3m area, looks like this park could be productive, only did a tiny bit of it so far.

1421813933_20150121_145807.jpg

1421813950_20150121_150853.jpg

Ramjet said:
Great going with the Aldi Heatho. Pay for itself in no time. I picked up another one today. Don't know why. If any member wants it let me know.

DETECTAHOLIC ??? :8 welcome to the club

They came thick and fast today, first several targets were coins, over $300 in the big pile, most of the coins from that pile are from the aldi over the last 9 months or so. Getting overdue for a Gold ring.

Don't worry Rod I'm going to get my 4th sooner or later also. :)

Always get that urge Wally I guess we are Detectaholics, you only have a problem if you can't admit though. Hmmm I feel a Gold hunt coming on soon :D

G'day Heatho, Loving your success you're having with the Aldi Special!
Do you hit parks mostly or do you also go near the beaches?
I'm just starting out myself with a xterra 705 and figure I should check out parks at some point - What do you use to dig in soil, grass?

Cheers!

MrCornford said:
G'day Heatho, Loving your success you're having with the Aldi Special!
Do you hit parks mostly or do you also go near the beaches?
I'm just starting out myself with a xterra 705 and figure I should check out parks at some point - What do you use to dig in soil, grass?

Cheers!

G'day Mr Cornford, I do parks just skimming the surface for mostly recent drops and leave anything deeper than say 10cm. In scruffy longer grass areas maybe go slightly deeper, I do the outer edges of sportsfields where spectators are likely to sit (under shady trees, side of hills/mounds where the spectators sit) , not on the sport ground itself usually unless just skimming. I only use a screwdriver to remove targets and it does a good job with minimum damage, a pinpointer is essential, I use the minelab one. Google Earth historical imagery is good for finding where people congregate at events.

Beaches I've found difficult with the Aldi, seems most targets are just out of reach and the coil is too small. The 705 should do well, turn the sensitivity down for trashy parks, they do well on dry beach sand too.

Best of luck with it.

Went for a leisurely detect this morning with Wally69, found a few moderns and a nice little Silver surprise each, each of us got a 3pence, 1 for the Aldi and 1 for the 705. My pinpointer battery packed it in after about 1/2 an hour, a lesson to not be a tightwad with batteries, only good ones from now on in the PP.

Another interesting aspect when Wally found his Silver was the fact that the coin was about 1 inch down and there was an old ringpull underneath it at about 5 inches, left us both scratching our heads. This spot has produced Silver every hunt for me so far, I'm sure there are more just waiting to be found.

1422502799_20150129_141346.jpg

Latest posts