Aldi detector hunt

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit the same park again today, tried a few different spots there and got a few coins in random spots, then went back to the pay patch from the other day and got another $20 from the same patch, there must be more there among the junk. Also got some sort of pendant thingy.

If anyone can identify it that would help, looks like junk to me and I can't work out who made the thing, almost certainly a junker, there is no real 925 hallmark or anything.

1431411839_20150512_152906.jpg

1431411839_20150512_152915.jpg

1431411839_20150512_154039.jpg

1431411839_20150512_161432.jpg

Cheers Rocket but any idea of the design origin, Maori, American Indian, Outer Mongolia, Upper Kazakhstan..... I have no idea.... :)

Sure do mate, maybe someones pet ate their money box and is redepositing it bit by bit. Some were right on the Aldi's limit, not sure if I'll get many more at this spot. You might have to give it a once over with the 705??

I have so much faith in the abilities of the ALDI that I consider your patch well and truely worked and not worthy of cracking out the 705.

Although your spot has me thinking that Mr Holterman would have turned in his grave if he knew there was so much gold on the north shore. Poor bloke had to brave all those cold and nasty Hill End nights to get about the same weight of gold that you have pulled in the last few weeks. ;)

Keep it up. :cool:

Yeah I think it is pretty done, I attacked from the flank today. The different angle certainly made a difference to the final count.

Though a lady asked today if I had found a pearl earing which she lost there. I told her if I do I'll leave a note for her on the gate with my number.

There is another section though that was part of a horse training track from the 1940's....... interested in hitting it with the 705 now??? :D

Wally69 said:
Now you have my attention. :p

I also have a couple of pearl earrings I have found if you really want to leave your number on the gate :D :lol: :D

Hmmm no I don't like the idea of leaving my number on the dog walking park gate, could have all sorts of doggers calling me, lol. 8)

rocketaroo said:
That aldi, has prob paid for itself 6 times over :)

Ha, and the rest. I counted the coins about 4 weeks back and there was $430 in cash, add the last 4 weeks maybe $150. Then there is the 14k ring with 6 diamonds and the 9ct ring. 2 florins, a shilling, a sixpence and a few threepence. A few silver pendants, one was 6.9g. Plus the around $30 I've pilferred from the pile. :)

The Gold and Diamond ring was $1200 new, I found the shop that sells them. Have seen them 2nd hand for $500, probably not worth much as scrap gold though it's about 6g.

It's a difficult question to answer but it's done very well for me and earned it's keep. It will be part of my arsenal until it dies. It really nails Aussie 1 and 2 dollar coins well, a lot of the time with the discrimination set it totally ignores beer bottle caps, which is very handy.

Sorry for the long post. :)

Yeah I'm surprised at how well it's done Rod, my mate and I bought them as a bit of a joke really, I convinced him to get one cause he's a tightwad and wouldn't fork out more for a better one. :) Was really just to introduce him to the hobby, he's done okay with his also, has easily pain it off, actually the bugger found a 7g 18k gold ring before I first found mine. I think it was about his 10th target and paid the detector off 3x over, lol. Beginners luck....... I told him he better buy his own bloody pinpointer and stop bludging mine. :D

Latest posts