Found Pre-decimals, does this count?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought my house about 5 years ago, in the back yard was an old rusted shed. After moving in I cleaned out the shed and found some "old coins". At the time I hade little interest in treasure hunting and coins so put them in a container and gave them to the wife.

5 years on and now with a healthy interest in treasure hunting and coins, I am yet to find and dig a pre decimal coin, plenty of modern coins and junk but the PD's still elude me. After venting my frustration with the other half she remember "the coins" :eek:
I raced to the container and there they were :D
1464506585_pd_s.jpg

Left to right, Kangaroo pennies, 1961, 1950, 1964. Half Penny 1951. Aus Florins 1947,1942. Rams Head Shilling 1958. NZ florins 1949,1951,1964. Aus round 50c 1966. NZ 50c 1973.New Giunea Penny 1936. Chinese Coin Late 1700 I think.

Does this mean that I have found some Pre-decimals. :p

Ramjet said:
Awesome stuff. A couple of interesting coins there.

Thanks RJ, I don't know much about them, only know that I still have to go to work tomorrow.

I think the New Guinea penny is pretty cool.

CB, that's a treasure find ,... well done on the old treasure, you don't get a win like that every day ! :eek: :p :cool:

The round 50c coin would be my pick of the bunch, a lovely chunk of silver. Thanks for sharing your treasures. :)

Latest posts