Yesterdays loot

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the arrival of a 5 x 8 coil I was very keen to give it a test at the same spot all the finds above were found. I really wanted to see the difference so I went in a little area that I know for a fact I have been over 3 or more times in the past. Only took about 20 minutes to find a 1917 penny, fairly close to some can slaw :D . Both targets could be distinguished quite easily and the id was completely accurate. It could have just been a coincidence that I had missed that coin but I will just be optimistic and say that the 5 x 8 has already proven its worth. :8

Man was I in for a shock today. Same park, busy with children as always. Got 3 pennies/halfs and $10 today in about 1 hour and 45mins. Really was not expecting this though, one of the pennies had queen Victoria on the back! I'm not sure if its a penny or a half since its pretty corroded but man it was exciting to find. Originally thought it said 1881 but it turned out to be 1851 so even better :D . No silvers but this made my day regardless. :8
1421308379_brittania_back.jpg

1421308379_brittania_front.jpg

1421308379_total_loot.jpg

Well done on the old penny(sizes are the same for queen Victoria's).

Latest posts