Aldi detector hunt

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your success with the Aldi machine reminds me of an old saying (which I have spoonerised for family viewing:)

"It's not the fog in the duck, it's the duck in the fog!"

You seem to be proving that the most important factor in this equation is the operator!

Keith said:
Your success with the Aldi machine reminds me of an old saying (which I have spoonerised for family viewing:)

"It's not the fog in the duck, it's the duck in the fog!"

You seem to be proving that the most important factor in this equation is the operator!

Maybe Keith, I'm becoming pretty good at detecting but I think it could have a lot to do with the very busy area I live in, there are a lot of people around here. Thanks though mate I appreciate the comment, just hope the same proficiency follows me into the goldfields next time. :)

Wally69 said:
Looks like a great ring to modify and set your sapphires into :cool:

It would look great all sapphire studded I agree mate. Might buy some platinum when it comes time for that though, it's cheaper than gold at the moment or just as cheap anyway.

Heatho said:
Wally69 said:
Looks like a great ring to modify and set your sapphires into :cool:

It would look great all sapphire studded I agree mate. Might buy some platinum when it comes time for that though, it's cheaper than gold at the moment or just as cheap anyway.

Just go out and find one, I know you have it in you. ;)

Got out for a couple of hours today seeing the rain had stopped, the ovals were a total quagmire but still managed to ping a few targets including 2 Florins in one hole, pretty happy with that, they are in quite poor condition though, 1951 Roo Penny too.

1434872753_20150621_142925.jpg

1434872753_20150621_172213.jpg

Sure is mate, i knew there would be some there somewhere, it's the same oval I got the gold and 2 silver rings from with all the pennies and a few other silvers.

When I pulled them both out I had a chuckle and thought to myself "I just did a Ramjet", lol.

I've found 4 florins so far since starting detecting, both times 2 in one day, I think maybe both times they were even in the same holes. Makes you wonder why sometimes.....

Latest posts