Makro Racer information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be interesting to see how these two would compare. A GPX + Sadie or coiltek 6" mono and a Makro Gold Racer on small prickly gold or less than .2gm nugglets.
Old mining camps with junk everywhere and mullock heaps with very small gold (1/4 match head size or less) down to about 3-4" is where I think this detector will excel.
I will know by the end of the week.

Looking forward to a report Brumble-Gum! Yeah, I'm hoping it'll fit the bill for just the type of detecting you describe. Just missed out on getting one first shipment so will take a little longer until mine gets here. Will also report back here once arrives. If I'd have known sooner Nenad were getting them in I'd have held on the preorder.

Looking forward to hearing a report Nenad. Have been hearing some good news about tests over in the GT. Part of a message I received after placing my preorder

"We tested in the Victorian Goldfields yesterday and it was very impressive. The initial testing was carried out in Hill End in N.S.W. but we were anxious to see how it would perform in Victoria as that is what we consider to be " the real test". In the very highly mineralised ground it did very well and found a 0.1 g piece of gold that the SDC2300 and a modified Minelab F1A4 could not detect."

Good feedback!
I've got a real mix of soil types through the Adelaide Hills, so will be able to see where it will shine, and where the SDC is still the better option.

I've got a feeling it'll do some damage at Tibooburra this season

The initial testing was done over a very long period...and took three prototypes before the nod was given. One of the best features is in the way the gain is setup internally, giving greater control in highly mineralized ground. Having the option to use the 10x5 concentric coil in the less mineralized areas is a big bonus to this machine.
Not all areas are highly mineralized, which makes this little detector a worthy addition to have when working in trashy locations using the concentric coil.

Looking forward to reading the findings of others.

So went out today to a spot south of Darwin,My second go with the gold racer and vlf machine.The ground here is well know as hot and it makes my Whites tdi pro work very hard to keep balanced.Found the little nuggie below at 25mm [1"] deep in an old patch that had been hammered by sdc's,7000's,5000's you name it it has been there.running in all mode.tracking on,isat on,the ground phase was about 84,2-3 bars of minerilasation. Nearly wasn't going to dig it as the signal varied 23 sometimes.55 other times,Interestingly when i switched to discrim 1 the signal was as clear as.and discrim 2 was not as clear.4"coil. happy days

1455444596_img_0938.jpg

Well done Lewy.
I put about 8 hrs on my unit over the weekend. No gold, however I picked up a few air rifle slugs at about 3". Around the 35-40 mark. I was using the all metal mode too. Ground was between 65-80.
It is good at Identifying steel around the 20 mark, foil at 65, buckles/bullets at 75. I dug all targets first time out now I am confident on the ID's.
One thing I noticed was that when trying to get a lock on small or deep targets the ID was wide and varied. If you bounce the coil up and down (instead of swing left and right) about an inch it ID's the target correctly.
I will put more hours in during the week.

I am amazed it signaled on that. There is so much tall grass out there now that the only places to detect are the old scraped patches and up the centre of creeks.On the external speaker as well.

Congrats on a very nice find Lewy! First nugget find I've seen in OZ for the gold racer! Hope it brings many more :) Interesting that the signal was clearer in disc1 than all metal. Have you continued detecting in disc1 since the find?

no mate switched back to all.Didn't continue for much after that as there were storms everywere.I plan to go back of a night time as it is cooler and the ground seems to be better behaved when it cools down plus you dont tend to loose concentration.

Latest posts