Makro Racer information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be an interesting comparison between the XP Deus and Gold Racer when the Deus receives its new gold coil and alternate frequency options next year (10, 20, 30, 40kHz). With its tonal discrimimation, you will not lose any depth capability vs utilising conventional depth sapping discrimination. The only downside will be the lack of concentric coil options, so the Gold Racer has an advantage in that respect. :)

You can do the same with the Deus utilising 2, 3, 4 or 5 tones, with fully adjustable breakpoints for each tone, and adjustable tone pitch for each segment. When running 2 tones, you can choose to turn the iron volume down a minimum to only hear non-ferrous targets, though this may preclude some small gold targets that might fall within the iron range.

Using the prospecting program, you also have option of using the IAR (iron amplitude rejection) feature for some ferrous discrimination to avoid most typical goldfields junk. Whilst this will knock out the more obvious ferrous targets, it will still allow weaker non-ferrous targets that would traditionally fall in the iron range to be detected.

Either way, it seems that one is spoilt for adjustability options on both detectors. I am just happy to see more none traditional manufacturers entering the market, offering more options to the consumer. :)

No worries Steve, probably should have made it a bit clearer. I was just doing a little comparison between the two considering your revisitng of the Deus on your forum, and the recent release of the Gold Racer. Whilst I would love have one of these new Gold Racers in my inventory, probably a bit hard to justify considering what the Version 4.0 software/new coil may offer to the Deus. ;)

I admit to being a fair bit optimistic about what DEUS V4 has to offer. Hopefully we do not have to wait 6 months to find out.

Hopefully not, I've been holding out on buying the 9" coil since hearing about the new small elliptical coil. Andy Sabisch did mention late 2015/early 2016 for the update, though 2015 is fast disappearing.

when's the demo days on Narrawa
When you catch me out in the field.. :lol:

Leave it with me and i'll see if i can get a unit for demonstration or ....i may lend mine out if it comes early.??

Since this is a Gold Racer thread I for one would much prefer to know when it might be available, it's price in $Au. and if it can GB near our ocean salt water and on a dry salt lake in WA.

Cant give you a price ATM...however as soon as i know i'll pass it on.

As for detecting on the beach with it, manipulation of the settings will allow you to GB it on the beach as it has manual override of the GB.....how good it will perform there is another question.?
It is better suited to Goldfields and the odd bit of relic hunting given its frequency being quite high... 56khz. Opting to couple it to the large DD coil 15"x13"and you should do ok with it on the beach....but there are better units for such detecting even tho this unit has a couple of Disc programs. Keeping in mind those Disc programs were designed more so for goldfields hunting.

nesral said:
Since this is a Gold Racer thread I for one would much prefer to know when it might be available, it's price in $Au. and if it can GB near our ocean salt water and on a dry salt lake in WA.

if nokta / makro had allowed me to be a seller or at least give me a few detectors to test here in wa , you'd have a answer to whether it works here or not .. nokta / makro are not interested in having a western australian dealer or testers . even though they said they were looking into it , i doubt that it will eventuate . i had even asked and applied for testing here and their reply was basically a flat no .. its a shame really as i do like the detectors ..

I'm likely to have a box with a new detector under the Xmas tree this year, but it will be a brand from a dealer that can deliver, not a box full of empty promises.

Change of plans, why wait for X-Mas I'll just go get a new detector, lots of depositors on our beaches.

- - - -Aldi - - - ? :8

stalker said:
nesral said:

if nokta / makro had allowed me to be a seller or at least give me a few detectors to test here in wa , you'd have a answer to whether it works here or not .. nokta / makro are not interested in having a western australian dealer or testers . even though they said they were looking into it , i doubt that it will eventuate . i had even asked and applied for testing here and their reply was basically a flat no .. its a shame really as i do like the detectors ..

You assumption could be spot on, they certainly had some bad luck with a dealer and his choice of testers, never have so many testers had so little to say; still that is their decision just seem a strange way of creating interest in their product.
WA could do with a unit on the ground to remove any un-useful guesswork as to its ability.

nesral said:
stalker said:
nesral said:

if nokta / makro had allowed me to be a seller or at least give me a few detectors to test here in wa , you'd have a answer to whether it works here or not .. nokta / makro are not interested in having a western Australian dealer or testers . even though they said they were looking into it , i doubt that it will eventuate . i had even asked and applied for testing here and their reply was basically a flat no .. its a shame really as i do like the detectors ..

You assumption could be spot on, , never have so many testers had so little to say; still that is just seem a strange way of creating interest in their product.
WA could do with a unit on the ground to remove any un-useful guesswork as to its ability.

there was only one business in wa that was selling nokta/makro detectors but he was not a authorized dealer . and now does not list them .. www.avonvalleymetaldetecting.com.au ,,

{ they certainly had some bad luck with a dealer and his choice of testers } = more the dealer than the testers of the racer , but the reviews seemed inconclusive that the testers gave at the time . video footage would of helped ,

their decision not to test here in WA seems strange , its not all red dirt where the racer could of been tested , now the racer gold is due out soon "testing" this would of benefited nokta/makro and potential buyers here in WA looking for a first time detector for some gold prospecting and beach hunting ,

There isn't really the need to have units in WA for testing, tho there has been units sold to folk over there and the feedback was exactly what we thought would happen on the typical goldfields from Kal to Leinster . Overload due to too higher gain, until lowered enough to achieve a GB. Lowering the gain on these models is not quite the same as other VLFs, these models still have usable gain to still find targets due to the way the gain setup works.
The GMT works well in most WA soil, however due to its gain and volume control being the same pot....lowering the gain meant lowering the volume...however it still works and thats the main thing even tho its running a high frequency. The FG+ and RACER Gold will have little problems due to having more control. Especially the RACER gold as its gain setup has much more refinement/resolution due to the higher frequency employed.

These units are being refined more in the Disc department for better abilities rather than the usual AM mode....while the AM mode still gives you a visual target ID, its the Disc side of things where the magic is wanted. Ya gotta face facts....the gold doesnt grow back, so you need to target the locations your VLF will shine....and there are plenty of locations for this to take place.

At the end of the day, these are VLF detectors, and are not meant to be compared with PIs. So some grace needs to be added when thinking your going to outperform a PI machine....its not going to happen. Target the trashy locations where PIs fail due to the amount of trash and you will be surprised.
If i can do it using a GMT, MXT, V3i in WA.....im sure there wont be a problem with these newer refinement VLFs in WA.

Narrawa said:
so you need to target the locations your VLF will shine....and there are plenty of locations for this to take place.

why not test them . the racer would of been at home on the beaches and parks here in wa ,
The racer gold , this id like to see tested at the old Cue rubbish tip as a eg , there is gold there among the trash ;) . in fact many places in wa ,
TBH a good new tech vlf in trashy places would come in handy .

Narrawa said:
If i can do it using a GMT, MXT, V3i in WA.....im sure there wont be a problem with these newer refinement VLFs in WA

nokta / makro should take a step and test it here in wa , and not just sweep it under the rug and forget about it .

No one is sweeping anything under the rug......WA soil is not that bad that it warrants testing a VLF in. Again, if the GMT will operate there..and it does, so will the RG.

Latest posts