Makro Racer information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bugger those storms aye. I was up there last year around late december//january when the heavy rain between katherine and alice springs came through. Those thunderstorms had me crapping my dacks living out in my van. Don't get the storms as severe or often down here in SA. Never got any detecting in due to the seemingly endless rain. Beautiful country up there though. Have to head back up some time this year when it's dry. You don't have a concern about snakes when detecting at night up there?

Well done Lewy, way to blood a new machine! Makes me even more eager to get my lot, which should be here Thursday all going well.

not snakes.However had my head down and bum up and felt the need to look up and there was a bloody great buff looking at me about 30 mtrs away.snakes will usually run from you.

Just unboxed mine. Put in together in like 3 mins. everything slides together real sweet, very nice build quality.
The on/off Volume knob is real firm, so isn't going to get accidentally knocked.

Moved around the menu real easily. To save your settings you just go down to Save and pull the trigger till it jumps out. Very simple.

There's a little cheat sheet sticker on the battery door on how to do some other stuff like turn the search light on, or change from low tone to high tone in the all-metal mode, engage boost, or do a freq shift.

Just switched it on in the house for a quick play. All-metal mode seems very stable, even with the Sens up and iSat turned down (will be very different in the field).
Mucked around with the Tone break in Disc mode. Sweep 5c coin across coil, ID 53, high tone. Lets say you want to ignore 5c coins, but not actually reject them. Just turn tone break up to 55, and then 5c coins now grunt like iron - works a treat.

Will report more when I have a proper swing with it. Unfortunately not going to get to the goldfields with it till Monday.

Just got back with mine, no gold however I picked up a dozen shotgun pellets and .22 bullets from junk riddled mullock heaps. Up there with a SDC picking up these little buggers.
Discriminating is good around the old diggings with 5 cent piece sized objects, smaller than that require a scrap with the boot to get the coil closer. A bit more time in the field playing with settings and I will get it tunned in.
Pretty confident if I put it over a piece of gold I will get it.

Thanks for the update sounds like it's just a matter of time til the lead turns to gold. Did you find it ran quietly in the ground you tested. How was mineralization?

Looking forward to the report from the SA goldfields Nenad. Any particular reason you're hitting the goldfields on the hottest day of the week or just the anticipation of getting it out for a swing ASAP?

nuggetino said:
Looking forward to the report from the SA goldfields Nenad. Any particular reason you're hitting the goldfields on the hottest day of the week or just the anticipation of getting it out for a swing ASAP?

That's the next day I'm free, and no I haven't checked the weather :8

nuggetino said:
Thanks for the update sounds like it's just a matter of time til the lead turns to gold. Did you find it ran quietly in the ground you tested. How was mineralization?
Mineralization around Bathurst is milder compared to Vic and WA. Ground balance sat around 70 with 3 out of 4 bars for Mineralization.

Narrawa said:
Price for the Makro Gold RACER std package is........AU$975
Price for the Pro package will be ..........AU$1350.
Expecting a shipment within the next two weeks.

Are you still an authorised Nokta/Makro distributor/dealer :/ ?

Nokta/Makro Australia has a large supply of stock that it wants to move on...CWPS will no longer stock the product when its all gone.

Nokta pointers have all sold out.
Only a couple of the Core and Fors Gold pro pcks left in stock.

Warranty will still be carried out till no parts are left in stock, the other dealers will carry on this service from what i know.

Nokta/Makro Australia is no longer the Australian distributor.

At the prices listed, i don't expect the stock to last very long.

Narrawa said:
Nokta/Makro Australia has a large supply of stock that it wants to move on...CWPS will no longer stock the product when its all gone.

Nokta pointers have all sold out.
Only a couple of the Core and Fors Gold pro pcks left in stock.

Warranty will still be carried out till no parts are left in stock, the other dealers will carry on this service from what i know.

Nokta/Makro Australia is no longer the Australian distributor.

At the prices listed, i don't expect the stock to last very long.
Well that just freaking great ! :mad:

Took the Gold Racer for a quick hunt at a local park (was going to pick up dinner actually).

Wow, I am impressed. I never thought that a 56 kHz machine would work so well as a coin shooting machine. Basically it just did everything really well. Ran it on Disc 2, Sens 70, iMask 1, ID filter 43 (later turned it up to see how well it ignores foil), tone break on 51.

For the first 5 mins I ran the ID filter on 10 just to see how effective it would be hunting by tone. The analogue volume pot allows me to set the volume precisely where I want it and with my old pair of dj headphones, the iron grunt was more of a buzz sound, quite easy to listen to.

When I turned the ID filter up, I was suprised how quiet it actually ran in terms of discriminating. A few clicks n pops but they were very quiet, and when it locked in to a good target there was no mistaking it.

Navigating the menu is sheer simplicity. The detector is very light and very nicely balanced. Armrest is spot on. The handle angle seemed quite nice, but not having used the original racer I can't compare. The hand grip is probably on the thin side but easily modded like I do with most of my units.

I found a few coins, one 20c piece was at good depth, and a 1c was way down and seemed liked it had been there for quite some time.

Very happy first swing of it, stay tuned for more.

Had another play on the weekend,no gold this time but lots of small lead shot etc.Interesting thing i played with was the ability to track the black sand using the mineral graph,the graph clearly rises when you pass over the sand.This would be usefull when panning etc.Also had a lot of practice with hot rocks digging about 20 of the things to make sure that i could tell the differance.Pretty confident that anything between 0-15 and over 85-90 will be a hot rock now.

Good question,cant remember,I am still used to digging everything in the gold areas.still learning this numbers thingy and not that confident i know what i am doing yet.

Went out today, pinged plenty of lead then got a nice zip zip sound and out popped this

1456290848_20160224_134256-1-1.jpg

Running all-metal, high tone, Sens 60-70, tracking off. Hot rocks were very easy to ID, either gave the traditional null-boing sound, or ID 00/01 with occasional jumps to 99. I still dug a few just to be sure and kept any interesting looking ones. Persistent rain and high humidity sent me home, but was having a lot of fun.

Latest posts