Makro Racer information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My XT18000 with 6" coil in 60 khz will outdo an SDC on tiny bits, but only in non-mineral soils. Even mild mineralisation and the SDC wins. I've been waiting for many years for a detector that runs as smooth in mild-medium mineral ground, pings small gold just as well but has better discrimination. I used to do very well with an old 50 khz goldmaster Vsat on Jewellery in dry sand, but in the end the booming foil signals drive me nuts.
The Racer Gold seems to be ticking all the right boxes at the moment but like with all gear I will reserve my judgement until I've used it.

The Gold RACER will have the concentric coil as an option im told....and for very good reason...however pick the ground carefully to use it on.
When i was testing one of the prototypes, i had no idea the coil was a concentric, and in some pockets of ground i was using it...it would ID BB shot at depth i didnt think possible for a VLF...it wasn't till i was told it was a concentric that the penny dropped as to its abilities....i simply thought YES!!!!....this is a must have item....yet soon after as the ground became shallower and more mineralized...things changed. Wet mineralized ground was not favorable to concentrics at this frequency...thinking it maybe just this high gained make/model...i pulled out the GMT and it also did the same running the stock DD they come with. This caused a sigh of relief knowing this new RACER was at no disadvantage here up against one of the best. I was not convinced i didnt need my GMT and was reluctant to sell it thinking it still had a place in my arsenal. That thinking has now been corrected. The Gold RACER will become my new GMT for future testing.

While the first two prototypes were simply that, the third had all the changes made to it that started my heart beating a little quicker.....the disc programs are my favorites, however the AM mode with its ID will tease those of you who prefer to use AM for the benefits of having a little more information than you would have previously had with other makes and models. While i still dabble with the AM side of things for just that reason, im far more taken with the disc side of Nokta/Makro models as they pay close attention to what it is their testers tell them. Their models are simple turn on and go with only the necessary bells and whistles which can be accessed on the fly for a better look at the target in different modes. Much like those of us who use their GPX detectors for more than one opinion over a target if time is spent programing the "Search Mode" on the front end cap.

There are a lot of things happening in the new Gold RACER, one is the way in which the gain levels have been changed. There is a lot more stepping when selecting the gain level...this gives more control over certain ground types and allows for better mixing and matching of the ISAT function and IMASK. Steve Herschbach touches on this subject well.

Yes iv found gold with the prototypes, yet its the final production model i cant wait to hold.

post-1-0-10096100-1449685792.jpg

Hi Everyone,

These are the U.S. Prices for the "NEW MAKRO GOLD RACER" from "NOKTA"

Hope we are able to get "Aussie Prices" soon from our dealers here in Australia soon!

Nokta Detectors
Silver Member

Members
PipPipPip
55 posts
Posted Yesterday, 04:23 AM
Dear Valued Members:

The Gold Racer is now available for pre-order.
We will start shipping dealers early January in the same order the orders are received.

PACKAGE CONTENTS
Standard Package - MSRP: $699
GR26 - DD Search Coil - 26cm x 14cm (10'' x 5.5")
Headphones
4 x AA Alkaline Batteries

Pro Package - MSRP: $899
GR26 - DD Search Coil - 26cm x 14cm (10'' x 5.5")
GR13 - DD Search Coil - 13cm (5")
Headphones
AC & Car Charger, 4 x AA Rechargeable Batteries
Carrying Bag
Rain Covers
Extra Lower Shaft

OPTIONAL SEARCH COILS AND ACCESSORIES
GR40 - DD Search Coil - 40cm x 33.5cm (15.5'' x 13'')
GR26C - Concentric Search Coil - 26cm x 14cm (10'' x 5.5")
2.4 GHz Wireless Headphones and Dongle

You can find the Gold Racer brochure and the User Guide at the link below:
http://www.makrodete...l-detector.html

Narrawa said:
The Gold RACER will have the concentric coil as an option im told....and for very good reason...however pick the ground carefully to use it on.
When i was testing one of the prototypes, i had no idea the coil was a concentric, and in some pockets of ground i was using it...it would ID BB shot at depth i didnt think possible for a VLF...it wasn't till i was told it was a concentric that the penny dropped as to its abilities....i simply thought YES!!!!....this is a must have item....yet soon after as the ground became shallower and more mineralized...things changed. Wet mineralized ground was not favorable to concentrics at this frequency...thinking it maybe just this high gained make/model...i pulled out the GMT and it also did the same running the stock DD they come with. This caused a sigh of relief knowing this new RACER was at no disadvantage here up against one of the best. I was not convinced i didnt need my GMT and was reluctant to sell it thinking it still had a place in my arsenal. That thinking has now been corrected. The Gold RACER will become my new GMT for future testing.

While the first two prototypes were simply that, the third had all the changes made to it that started my heart beating a little quicker.....the disc programs are my favorites, however the AM mode with its ID will tease those of you who prefer to use AM for the benefits of having a little more information than you would have previously had with other makes and models. While i still dabble with the AM side of things for just that reason, im far more taken with the disc side of Nokta/Makro models as they pay close attention to what it is their testers tell them. Their models are simple turn on and go with only the necessary bells and whistles which can be accessed on the fly for a better look at the target in different modes. Much like those of us who use their GPX detectors for more than one opinion over a target if time is spent programing the "Search Mode" on the front end cap.

There are a lot of things happening in the new Gold RACER, one is the way in which the gain levels have been changed. There is a lot more stepping when selecting the gain level...this gives more control over certain ground types and allows for better mixing and matching of the ISAT function and IMASK. Steve Herschbach touches on this subject well.

Yes iv found gold with the prototypes, yet its the final production model i cant wait to hold.

interesting ... how would this go on wa ground i wonder .

Standard Package - MSRP: $699

Pro Package - MSRP: $899

Those are the US$ prices. Be interesting to see what it will retail here for.
Exchange rate puts them @ $970 & $1250 approx.?

It's interesting to read all the exciting type comments from all about the racer, but I can't help wondering if you all remember? This machine at the end of the day is still a VLF! And yes I know the GMT and other high freq. Vlfs have some success in rubbish areas, but I can't see any of these types outdoing PIs for gold prospecting in the land of oz. I've tried many vlfs, including the Fors gold. IMHO no vlf will ever outdo a PI for Gold in Australia. If I was living in the US I'd have one in a heartbeat, but here? PI is King of the Gold. Just my two cents worth. Regards... Ronnie.

ronniecruisin said:
It's interesting to read all the exciting type comments from all about the racer, but I can't help wondering if you all remember? This machine at the end of the day is still a VLF! And yes I know the GMT and other high freq. Vlfs have some success in rubbish areas, but I can't see any of these types outdoing PIs for gold prospecting in the land of oz. I've tried many vlfs, including the Fors gold. IMHO no vlf will ever outdo a PI for Gold in Australia. If I was living in the US I'd have one in a heartbeat, but here? PI is King of the Gold. Just my two cents worth. Regards... Ronnie.
Spot on I reckon Ronnie!
The Gold Racer does have some good features over the GMT or GB2 especially discrimination wise but like you say it's still a VLF & areas to use it & get the best from it would have to be picked to suit. Definitely won't be a PI/ZVT replacement or even something that would be placed in that class of gold detector but will certainly get manufacturers of the GMT, GB2 etc. looking!

Being a VLF its not meant to compete with a PI.......best used in areas where PIs are too difficult to use...like in trash.
Yet, finding gold on ground missed by PI operators (self included) means there is still fun to be had using a good VLF.

Who ? says it's going to outdo PI detectors for Gold prospecting in Australia, then again there are places where I much prefer a VLF unit.
Not everyone reside near a goldfield and is in need of a PI unit to detect gold.
Much better when people have/use the detector best suited for their ability and need.
Gold Racer presently available on eBay, $Au 875-960 Standard Package.

I wouldn't use it instead of my tdi, However looking for a better type of vlf for up here as the ace 350 just cant hack the ground.it even struggles on the beaches.

As I have just sold my SDC, I need to have a detector with me.
I have my name down for one to help me identify small gold mullock heaps to high bank. Plus I know alot of areas where the junk overwhelms you this will snipe the good targets from the junk. Coils are waterproof too!
No it will not beat a PI at depth it will however have a special niche in my prospecting arsenal.
I can't wait to get my hands on one.

mbasko said:
I'm looking at getting one for the junky sites too BG - hopefully not the same ones. I don't need any competition :lol:
Mick I think we used to share opposite sides of the footy field when you played for the Dragons and me Penguins. If we could do that I am sure we can share a goldfield.
I am surprised we haven't bumped into each other yet.

Interesting that people say that it will do well in high trash due to its discrimination but the Tesoro lobo has great discrimination and so did the GB2 but you still have to dig all the targets as a lot of trash still appears in the gold range and all the people showing their finds with the nokta and Macro show all the trash they dig if they were that good then they wouldn't be digging the trash would they
What i would like to see ifs how deep they will find small bits in highly mineralised soil as that is the big question, i have a vaquero that i use on the gold fields in trashy areas, runs without a whisper in even the most highly mineralised soil but if you discriminate you lose depth and turn the discrimination up and you lose gold and the bits of kero tin sound wonderful

Brumble-Gum said:
mbasko said:
I'm looking at getting one for the junky sites too BG - hopefully not the same ones. I don't need any competition :lol:
Mick I think we used to share opposite sides of the footy field when you played for the Dragons and me Penguins. If we could do that I am sure we can share a goldfield.
I am surprised we haven't bumped into each other yet.
Yeah more than likely we could have although the Penguins had become the Panthers when I got back from Qld. Played mainly against the Penguins in juniors then the Panthers & St Pats after I got back home.
Sharing a goldfield or even a spot for a swing wouldn't be a problem. My comment was more a bit of a crack at myself mate - the finds have been a bit slow of late so I don't need competition from that angle :lol: Plenty of junky sites around & a good higher frequency VLF with better discrimination than what's on offer now with the GMT etc. is tempting me to have a go with one.
I mostly head out during the week due to my roster & rarely see anyone about. Been trying to get out of the main or more easy to get to spots to find a new little patch but its been hard going last couple of trips. It'll come around sooner or later.
Cheers Matt

the duck said:
Interesting that people say that it will do well in high trash due to its discrimination but the Tesoro lobo has great discrimination and so did the GB2 but you still have to dig all the targets as a lot of trash still appears in the gold range and all the people showing their finds with the nokta and Macro show all the trash they dig if they were that good then they wouldn't be digging the trash would they
What i would like to see ifs how deep they will find small bits in highly mineralised soil as that is the big question, i have a vaquero that i use on the gold fields in trashy areas, runs without a whisper in even the most highly mineralised soil but if you discriminate you lose depth and turn the discrimination up and you lose gold and the bits of kero tin sound wonderful
Beinga 56khz high frequency gold prospecting detector with a full suit of discrimination options plus other features not available in other higher frequency VLF's is what has got my attention. Most of us are aware of the limitations with not running in all metal but this detector sounds like it will be cheaper than other high frequency machines & have more features making it more versatile over them. For some of us who don't currently have a VLF it presents a good option if your thinking of one but if you already have one & your happy with it that's great.
Time will tell how they go here & I'll be trying to get a sneak preview before buying - when's the demo days on Narrawa :lol:

Latest posts