Makro Racer information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Testing the Makro RACER for continuity today using 4 brand new units.
All units were tested using same in house settings directly under a working fluorescent light. (my bad)
Being in house, the FP gain had to be lowered from factory 70 to 50 in order to obtain stability. Each unit was left in its FP noise cancel freq of 03. This was sufficient with little to no interference on all 4 units.

Like we have seen in other brands, the difference between same models can be quite staggering at times......im happy to report ALL 4 units performed identical from my observations. All functions and craftsmanship were precise.
All units were tested in all 4 working modes...All metal...Two Tone....Three tone....Beach.

The real test will be this weekend all going well, when i get time with it on the ground where it counts. However i did a few other tests with it against other brands, and what i witnessed was mind blowing. All i can say is....other manufacturers better pull their finger out.....this thing has some serious power for a VLF detector.

So have you been given another test unit or are you going to be buying 1?

I have kept my eyes and ears open on different brands of detectors for a long time.

Have used a Tom D calibrated CZ3D which was tested by Tom that could ping a
dime just under 12".

Keiths tests will be interesting on the Racer because he has used and tested many
different detectors.

I can't wait to see the new gold pi detector in action to be honest but am told it might
not happen till next year.

Iv been given a unit, which is a production model the same as.. and one of those i tested today.
Yes the PI will be interesting.

The racer looks the goods , I wonder how it would fair against the AKA signum and sorex and the at pro in the price range or a blisstool ,,,
there are some machines out there that are worthy contenders and worth a look in ,,, but nokta seem to be more intune with thier customers and listen to want they want ,,, look forward to some videos of your testing ,

Using 3 tone on the Racer....air test.

Our 50c,20c,10c,5c = Medium tone.
$1 & $2 = Hi tone.
Screw caps = Hi tone.
Pull tabs and square tabs = Medium tone.

Rusty twist tops = Medium tone with a hint of low tone.(grunt)
Twist tops are food grade metals which the underneath side of a twist top is treated so as to not rust. This is the problem as most rust on the top-side, yet can be still in very good nick on the under or food side. Some are also protected by plastic covers prolonging the underside.

$1 & $2 coins = 82
S/CAP = 84
P/tab = 65
Rusted twist top = 48-54 very jumpy.

In or on ground test may reveal slight differences pending the level of mineralization.

Should have a better report Satdy arvo/night.

I don't really go with ids on coins due to
Different depths of coins.

What happens when the coins are deeper?
Is the read out the same?

What i find with the Nokta FG is, if its out of reach of giving a proper TDI reading, it gives only a tone. That tone like on most detectors is influenced by the ground mineralization. The heavier the mineralization, the more misleading the tone can be. ?

The RACER uses a different gain regime than that of the FG models, that combined with a different frequency may mean it IDs differently.?
As close to one another as they both are in operation...they are not the same detectors, both have their strong points over each other.
Both are high gained units and both will have their place in user preference. I already know i prefer the ergonomics of the Fors models. Yet, the headup display of the RACER is more of the norm.

I personally have had no input to the design or operation of either models in case your wondering.

Find the tiniest nuggets, micro jewelry and even coins with the most sensitive and versatile gold detector ever made!

http://www.makrodetector.com/

1447912759_goldracer_anabanner_eng03.jpg

In my situation I'm looking for a detector to be a tool to aid my prospecting eg. sampling tailing piles and mullock heaps for the dry blower in the GT, tracking black sands in/around the creeks for panning/sluicing in Gippsland and checking my buckets of rock samples before going to the effort of crushing or discarding to the garden, so far the GMT ticks the boxes as an aid to my forms of prospecting but the Gold Racer may just be worth waiting for as a contender for my situation.

Latest posts