Makro Racer information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nenad, next time out try using one of the disc programs over a target you found using AM. Be interested in hearing your thoughts.

I'll try to remember to try that. I used Disc 1 up closer to the car, amongst some old miners junk, fencing wire and iron everywhere. Only spent about 15 mins there hoping to find a coin.
1456312495_20160224_211422-1.jpg

Tally for all-metal mode - a couple of the shot were at decent depth.
1456312642_20160224_211304-1-1.jpg

The thing next to the fly speck nugget looks like a gold track off an old circuit board. What that was doing in the middle of the goldfields is anyones guess :/

That circuit board looks to be off one of them there old 70s model detectors.....perhaps the rest of it is still wrapped round a tree near by.?... :D

Dont forget to give the concentric a go in the less mineralized grounds....you may get a shock at its depth and ID capabilities.?. ;)

One thing I forgot to mention is the Boost mode is awesome. Makro got the amplification just right! Simply press the - (minus) button twice, you hear a loud bip sound telling you Boost is on. I could actually hunt in it. Everything was just louder but didnt make the machine horribly unuseable like most Boost modes. Also there's plenty of volume through the headphones, no need for any external boosters.

Look forward to trying Makros wireless headphones, but in the mean time I'm going to try it with the Deteknix wireless headphones next time I'm out.

Keen to see the vid too Nenad when you get the chance to upload it, that is one very sensitive machine to be getting those pellets and that tiny piece of gold. SDC territory for sure.

Good update. Nice finds there again Nenad. Can I ask were you detecting over ground that's been hit by other detectors?

Yes Public fossicking area, 45 mins from Adelaide CBD, so yeah has had a few detectors over it. I did two mullock heaps. One was a bit average, looks like it had maybe been raked about ten years ago, I cleared it of sticks etc but only got a few targets. Then I moved over to the next one, which was quite big (you'll see it in the video). It had recently been raked and I pulled two targets out almost right away, which told me it hadn't been done properly. So I did the whole thing and cleared a couple spots where they had been sloppy. It's amazing what can still be sitting in a single mullock heap

1459426719_dsc00748.jpg

Macro Gold Racer Finding Small Gold. Had the gold racer since Feb most of the time spent practicing on the beach and near home as this is my first detector (Also ny first post on any forum). Finally made it to a gold field near Ararat for a day and a half over Easter and managed to find 2 very small nuggets. For the first time out very happy!!

Started finding plenty of the smallest shotgun pellets in amongst the other trash so confidence was high that if there was some gold to be had we had some chance of finding it.

Just could not believe how small a target this detector can detect. The small gold nugget is no more than a flake it was about 1" down between two old mullock heaps.

Settings used All metal mode, sensitivity 90, isat 3, no tracking. With the 5" coil

The only problem I have is that I have had to use speaker as the unit makes strange sounds through the supplied headset which masks out anything else. I suspect it may be a fault as tried 2 other headsets with the same result the coil can be pointing at the sky or ground makes no difference.

Steve B

webstertwin said:
Is there an aussie seller at present for the goldracer that will handle warrantys as well?
Yes...get in contact with Phase Technical on this forum.

CWPS in Mudgee NSW is still conducting repairs to the models that were sold during the distributorship ownership. And will conduct the repairs till the parts run out (approximately 2yrs worth of supplies...but can get further parts if required? )...from there on the other dealers throughout Australia will continue the servicing of these makes and models. The Mudgee shop did not sell the Racer Gold or anything after that model, therefore did/does not carry parts for the latter models.

The models sold by CWPS are as follows....
Fors gold
Fors CoRe
Racer1
Fors Gols +
And has parts to service/repair these units for some time to come...including both models of the pin-pointers.

PM me to find out what is still available.

Latest posts