Golden Triangle Victoria weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hope you guys in the warmer areas are enjoying yourselves.

1375252608_gold_gold_fields.jpg

Heading out past Moliagul (Vic) - early morning. At least the sun was trying.

1375252670_cold_gf_3.jpg

Pretty (except when you walk into one and do the dance of the missing spider.) It pays to look up when detecting through these.

1375252732_cold_gf_2.jpg

Ahhh - end of day. No need for ice for the beer.

Redfin - Box gums and red clay soil and is that some small quartz pieces lying around? Does it get any better!! I would call that new ground. Close to diggings?

and my other half loves digging holes, better than a gym workout.
There is a reason the old timers went down, not across the ground.
1375256010_a023.jpg

Great pictures guys :) I only took up detecting a few months ago so haven't experienced walking the bush and digging bullets in the warmer months.

But even though it's a bit chilly out there I just put on another layer of clothes and I quite enjoy fewer people, no flies, no sweat and no bloody snakes! I hate bloody snakes!

If you see a bloke swinging a detector with cricket pads on, that's probably me :cool:

Au

AU Fever said:
Great pictures guys :) I only took up detecting a few months ago so haven't experienced walking the bush and digging bullets in the warmer months.

But even though it's a bit chilly out there I just put on another layer of clothes and I quite enjoy fewer people, no flies, no sweat and no bloody snakes! I hate bloody snakes!

If you see a bloke swinging a detector with cricket pads on, that's probably me :cool:

Au

the cold of winter is preferable to the option of snakes , mosquitos and flies

hope i didnt hurt the snakes feelings ....... but yeah .. waaaay more attractive

hopefully the nuggets know how much warmer my pocket is compared to that cold ground they were sleeping in

GT - There have been some reasonable breaks between the rain. The ground is now nice and cool - very good for detecting. I even gave my VLF a quick run on some 'hot ground' - very quiet. a bit of water around in the creeks and the dams are starting to look good. However, because of some fire-track/access work, what were 2WD tracks are now 4WD only - the graders have done a pretty el-crapo job. Some tracks also have some pretty reasonable dead-fall as well. It has been worth taking a chain-saw to clear some of the tracks.

Come on over anyway mate, ok so the best window in terms of the sun has passed but as loamer has pointed out its great detecting weather, yesterday was a no go and sat might be terrible but worth a visit next week i reckon if you can't string the days together this week. Went for a coin shoot last night good for signals in areas I've hit before. Beats 40 degree heat!

thanks guys, Wild Turkey just makes the itch worse ;) e were leaving tomorrow morning......tomorrow and Friday are looking ok but Saturday and Sunday are looking not so ok. Not keen on sitting around waiting for the rain to bugger off. Back to work next Wednesday after a month off.......might chance a trip yet....... :rolleyes:

Latest posts