A quick dash away

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GypsyGoldAu said:
After missing out on catching up with you a few weeks ago NG, it's heartening to read of you not only introducing your kids to the hobby, but standing tall and helping out ya mate(husky) and you all got Gold. :cool:

Just remember if your back around the GT to look me up and we can check out a few areas around here... ;)

Nice color & Good job....a pleasant read leading into summer....

Now if i can just break the camels back and get back to finding the good stuff myself, i can get off benefits and make a show of my own. 8)

Gypsy
Cheers Gypsy, I was pretty happy with the results and I know Craig was too. Nothin like a bit of gold to put a smile on ya dial :D
Yep, my boys love prospecting. Although it gets slightly boring for them after several hours in the heat. They are little legends and very accommodating in relation to Dads pass time.

For sure mate, I look forward to meeting you and us doing a bit of prospecting together. How have you been? I haven't seen you on here for a bit? Says me who was basically off-line for a month or so.
I'm taking my boys to Eildon for around a week ( Its their time for fun, so quad riding, fishing and getting towed on a biscuit behind my mates boat :D and maybe a bit of panning if I'm lucky ;) ) and I am hoping to head to the GT for at least a 3-5 days if we get a coolish spell/ below 35c. So weather permitting expect a call over the holidays. Can ya PM me your number or if you've still got mine? Text me. I cant find our messages/your number :/

Take care mate and I'll speak to ya soon.
Cheers, NG :)

husky said:
Cheers everyone, absolutely inspiring weekend I cant wait to get out again :) Dig'n-it, Ive only recently bought my 11" elite and this weekend was my first time out on the field with it, I must say Im pretty impressed with it, super sensitive with crisp sharp response/signals.. its a great size and weight coil I reckon. I was playing with the settings on and off being a new coil and was able to run pretty high gain most of the time. Apart from my sunbaker i didnt come across any other small bits to dig up in our allotted time limit (Neo was smashing them with his 14" elite :D ) but i found it was lethal on tiny birdshot etc at decent depth so loving it so far.
Hi Husky. I've just picked up a 11" elite. I won't get to use it until just after Christmas. However, I'm having a week at Inglewood so it will get a good go. Hope to be able to report some good finds. Sold a few things on eBay to buy it. Also had enough to buy a little action cam so hope to get some finds on video as well. Can't wait to get out there. Cheers. Merry Christmas :)

NeoGeo said:
I concentrated on mullock heaps till I got my first piece. It was a .26 piece. Then I tried a mix of mullock's and gullies. Gold is gold, but I like the feeling of finding gold out in the slopes. In the hope of finding that good patch. Considering all these pieces came from mullock's. I was still happy to get that first piece, which was tiny :)
I still cant find nothing on mullock heaps, and i got a 7000. I try on virgin ground 95% of the time but after a 6hr 7hr search for the day i try my luck to the mullock heaps but never find nothing.Its hard work out there and i believe most of it is mental :| or my hearing just sucks.

SC75 said:
NeoGeo said:
I concentrated on mullock heaps till I got my first piece. It was a .26 piece. Then I tried a mix of mullock's and gullies. Gold is gold, but I like the feeling of finding gold out in the slopes. In the hope of finding that good patch. Considering all these pieces came from mullock's. I was still happy to get that first piece, which was tiny :)
I still cant find nothing on mullock heaps, and i got a 7000. I try on virgin ground 95% of the time but after a 6hr 7hr search for the day i try my luck to the mullock heaps but never find nothing.Its hard work out there and i believe most of it is mental :| or my hearing just sucks.
Yeh Steve, ya not wrong. It is bloody hard work. I've never really had too much luck on the mullock heaps, the odd piece here and there. I usually avoid them like the plague. But once I've found nothing combing the hill sides I head back to them in shame :( Hahahaha. I've gone 4 days without a piece and pinged a spec on the last day and that isn't uncommon for me. I definitely do it tough sometimes and living 3.5hrs for the GT doesn't help my plight. All good though, I've only been at this caper a little over a year and I know others have had more success than me, but I'm happy doing what I'm doing. Just wish I could get more time on the ground. But them's the brakes.

I hope you good fortune improves mate, I know we all deserve it.
As for the mental part, I reckon it's kinda like lure fishing. Ya gotta be in the zone :) I know once I've become disheartened I might as well head home :rolleyes: :/

SC75.......here's a tip that works for me when i'm in a funk from lack of Gold finds....

When i go out detecting, instead of getting worked up just about finding 'gold'...... i tend to approach the outing as a 'treasure' hunt, and if what i just dug isn't 'gold' or an old time object worth hanging onto.....then i'm one target closer to the 'right' object, and instead of lamenting on it NOT being 'gold',....i just get up my steam and push on to the next target to unearth and see if THAT one is what i'm after....

treat it all like a game, and have yourself some fun. A break during your sessions could be filled with 'photography' if just sitting around isn't you (or any other interest)....(i do earnestly suggest a few breaks in a full day detecting will keep you in better health, and more efficient in your finds, as opposed to spending the whole day detecting with the pressure you put on yourself to 'get gold'....it 'can' get mentally fatiguing)

You do need a strong 'optimistic' outlook at times in this hobby....but hey, EVERY hobby i tried has it's challenges,....but it's not like their ALWAYS challenging....some days your in the groove and like a WINNER, you can do no wrong....and ain't that ear to ear grin worth every damn grain of dirt ya walked and dug....ie; WELL EARNED. :)

GGA

Latest posts