Cheap metal detectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please don't misunderstand me. I am appreciative of unbiased critical opinion (if that is humanly possible) and observation.
I guess I'm just a bit allergic to blindly believing things. It's a different story if opinion is backed by good evidence.

Just to be clear, I do thank all those who approached this subject in an unbiased fashion.

Cheers :)

Mike Marsupial said:
Please don't misunderstand me. I am appreciative of unbiased critical opinion (if that is humanly possible) and observation.
I guess I'm just a bit allergic to blindly believing things. It's a different story if opinion is backed by good evidence.

Just to be clear, I do thank all those who approached this subject in an unbiased fashion.

I think you have handled it all very well , its hard to stand alone when the masses are against you. I believe they would produce enough working detectors to get in the market but then they would pump the junk out to capitalise.

Do you own one yet ?
Does it work ?
Are you willing to go head to head and prove it against the big brand to prove your opinion ?

:D

Mike Marsupial said:

That's the very essence of why this forum exists in the first place Mike, to help newbies who don't have a clue about prospecting equipment, we are not here to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. If buying a chinese copy is going to make you feel good then there is no problem with that, all the members here have done is try to inform you of the pitfalls of doing so.

Sometimes people have to make their own mistakes in life to actually believe the good advice that they refused to heed.

Buy one and test. Lodge your results so we may see if your gamble pays off. I use what works out the bush.
I have read and researched like everyone else who is spending their hard earned cash. At the end of the day i have made an informed decision and happy with the choice. I believe the pa members try to help. No bias just what works. Your choice.

Look, due to family "complications" I had to sell my gpx4500 and QED, so I'm in the market for a new detector.
If I thought I could get a Chinese detector that is exactly the same, as a big brand detector for a fraction of the cost I would!!!!

I'm still without a detector......

Mike Marsupial said:
In the last hour I have had 24 e-mails telling me that there were other posts on this thread

I've been around the internet for a long time, and this is a record for me!

sums it all up

mbasko said:
Mike Marsupial said:
Hey, what's a?detector?
Now you're telling us we're all Wong & only weeks ago you asked the above. :lol:

Joke's on you mate. :) If you'd had a good look at the post immediately before I wrote the one you are quoting, you'd have seen that the person had a "?detector ?" listed as part of his kit. Maybe you missed that because you were only looking for mud to sling. Too bad.

Would you trust this to be as good as a real ctx3030, probably not for between $186-286 US. http://md-hunter.com/gtx3030-chinese-made-fake-minelab-ctx-3030-did-it-really-happen/

Yes there are some very well made Chinese electronic products out there, though the companies that produce these blatant rip-offs are in the game of making a quick buck from naive buyers, thinking that they are getting a bargain - not to mention stealing designs from legitimate companies. Thankfully the Chinese govt has started to crack down on such manufacturers, though some still seem to carry on regardless.

Mike Marsupial said:
mbasko said:
Mike Marsupial said:
Hey, what's a?detector?
Now you're telling us we're all Wong & only weeks ago you asked the above. :lol:

Joke's on you mate. :) If you'd had a good look at the post immediately before I wrote the one you are quoting, you'd have seen that the person had a "?detector ?" listed as part of his kit. Maybe you missed that because you were only looking for mud to sling. Too bad.

I dont think people are trying to sling anything.
What exactly do you want from the PA members?
To agree with your unsubstantiated broad comments that chinese detector copies are as good as the real thing!
What detectors have you used?
And did you find anything?

Honestly if you could prove your point that a cheap chinese copy works well have support and find either gold you may have people changing.
But making wild comments without support will get a fairly big reaction from a group of people who have done the hard yards over many many years.
Show me your evidence.

Buy what you like but please dont complain when it fails.

Mike Marsupial said:
mbasko said:
Mike Marsupial said:
Hey, what's a?detector?

Yeah I read it. Notice the use of the :lol: & Wong in my sentence. The joke was on you. My apologies.
I do however still think you're full of bullsh1t. No mud slinging that's straight up.
Your constant refusal to accept that there may be some people here that know what they're talking about & your lolololol responses just make it appear that you're a smartass that doesn't need anyone's help anyway. That & I don't think you've even read some responses properly before more smartassed lolololol replies.
Good luck with the Chinelab buddy. You'll need it & that's no joke!
Time to start a new thread "I'm buying a Chinelab & I'll prove ya's all Wong" :lol:

Goldpick said:
Yes there are some very well made Chinese electronic products out there, though the companies that produce these blatant rip-offs are in the game of making a quick buck from naive buyers, thinking that they are getting a bargain - not to mention stealing designs from legitimate companies. Thankfully the Chinese govt has started to crack down on such manufacturers, though some still seem to carry on regardless.

Yep, China is the wild west of manufacturing. There's the good, the bad and the ugly coming out of there for sure. But I could easily make a long list of Japanese and American companies selling absolute rubbish yet making outrageous claims about how well their products perform. lololol the F35 fighter is a prime example! It just doesn't work! lololol Nor do American rocket engines - that's why they buy them from the Ruskies, or get their stuff sent to the International Space Station on Russian rockets launched in Russia.

Sure, there is rubbish coming out of China. There is also a hell of a lot of great stuff, as you noted. The trick is to weigh the cost advantage and profitable application of the product against it's risk of failure, defect or poor performance. Very often (please note I did NOT say always) the cheaper option ends up being decidedly more profitable, even when downtime, replacement costs, and even lesser performance are factored in.

mbasko said:
Mike Marsupial said:
mbasko said:
Mike Marsupial said:
Hey, what's a?detector?

Yeah I read it. Notice the use of the :lol: & Wong in my sentence. The joke was on you. My apologies.
I do however still think you're full of bullsh1t. No mud slinging that's straight up.
Your constant refusal to accept that there may be some people here that know what they're talking about & your lolololol responses just make it appear that you're a smartass that doesn't need anyone's help anyway. That & I don't think you've even read some responses properly before more smartassed lolololol replies.
Good luck with the Chinelab buddy. You'll need it & that's no joke!
Time to start a new thread "I'm buying a Chinelab & I'll prove ya's all Wong" :lol:

lololol At no point did I write that I intend to buy anything! :) But I'll double check, and if I did I will apologise, as you did. :)
And yes, I AM a skeptic! Very much so. Skepticism is fundamental to good scientific method, and essential for good buying.

Folks, please don't be offended if I am still not convinced that spending very large amounts of money on name brand detectors is good value for money. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and if someone holds an opinion other than your own it's no reason to get upset. :)

NOT WHEN IT COMES TO DETECTORS MIKE

NOT CURRENTLY AND NOT IN THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE

Why are you pushing a point that nearly 99% of people who use detectors have already figured out?

Latest posts