Cheap metal detectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aussiefarmer said:
In all seriousness

Retranslation failed :(
BAAAHAHAHA :lol:
1520768541_screenshot_2018-03-11-21-41-24.jpg

The Aldi detector is chinese made but one thing I noticed with all the different types of chinese detectors along that same type of design were that they were all I think 6.6khz, they work but they really aren't any good for anything other than finding goldies in a park. They start falling apart in no time as well, mines held together with sticky tape and the batteries hang out. :)

It's really just luck if you find anything better than goldies with these units.

The Chinese can make good stuff, in fact they can make stuff that compares to the worlds best, but when you do that then the pricing becomes equal to the worlds best regardless of where it is made.
Unfortunately Chinese consumer goods will never be equal to the worlds best, these are the bits of junk that have been build down to a price point standard according to the specifications laid down by some big box retailer or importer/wholesaler.

yeah the chinese could probably make any detector as good as, as long as they had the circuit design and the programming code to make it the same, But they don't
all they have is eyes to copy the outer casing and make them look as close as possible and then put there basic vlf circuitry or what not inside.

i would think by now with all the fake gpx's and other brand detectors that have been copied, if they performed as good, there would be a lot of people out there and on here boasting how good they are and would be up for the comparison challenge, but there not.

if there was an equivalent in performance detector for half the price and it was proven people would buy it, no doubt but it still has not bee proven, until then i will buy great detectors that do what they say as they are proven.

but please someone buy a copy so we can pitch them against each other lol.

yeah the chinese could probably make any detector as good as, as long as they had the circuit design and the programming code to make it the same, But they don't
all they have is eyes to copy the outer casing and make them look as close as possible and then put there basic vlf circuitry or what not inside.

i would think by now with all the fake gpx's and other brand detectors that have been copied, if they performed as good, there would be a lot of people out there and on here boasting how good they are and would be up for the comparison challenge, but there not.

if there was an equivalent in performance detector for half the price and it was proven people would buy it, no doubt but it still has not bee proven, until then i will buy great detectors that do what they say as they are proven.

but please someone buy a copy so we can pitch them against each other lol.

I don't think anyone would admit to owning one if this thread is representative of the apparent loathing people display towards Chinese manufacturing. Kinda funny in a weird way. :)

I almost went down the path of buying a Chinese detector off Aliexpress probably around 3-4 years ago, mostly because I had not researched what I really was after and also because buying a Pulse Induction or even a good VLF machine was out of reach for me (I briefly had a GPX 4500, but it was pinched 8.( ) I figured I might be able to get away with buying something sub $1000 and have a chance at getting a good machine, even though the Xterra 705 was staring me in the face the whole time. Mike you say "it's not scientific, there are no case studies" but that is incorrect, there are plenty of reviews on Youtube for most of these cheap clones, and none of them perform well. There are also countless stories on other forums of punters being duped by junkers, stories of people paying for "Genuine Minelab" to find they have no better circuitry inside than a Casio 100D calculator. Looks at how many have come up on Gumtree the last few years.

The Minelab and Garrett knock offs are one thing but there are plenty of generic ones available as well, many around 7KHz. They label them as all rounders too good to be true (GOLD NUGGETS, TREASURE, COINS!!) claiming absurd depths of up to 3.5 metres. Most of the time their tests are an iron plate (30cmx30cm) buried 30cm underground in dry soil or air testing a US quarter. Sure you might find a few spendables with one but other than an obvious sunbaker you are not going to find gold, you probably have the same chance detecting gold with a tinfoil hat.

Don't waste your money on one of these junkers, something you have no comeback on when it, A wont work and B falls apart. It's like you asked the forum for guidance then was not happy when you were told these things are nothing but junk or childrens toys. You have to respect some of these guys on the forum who have responded to your enquiry, they either do this for a living or have spent $1000's on this hobby and know the ins and out of every decent detector on the market. Some of these blokes have multiple detectors from Minelab, Garrett, Whites, XP, Makro, Fisher, Teknetics, Tesoro and they surely know what they are talking about.

Even a Minelab GO-FIND 60 will outperform I'm guessing 95% of these machines. I would only allow that 5% out of hope that one or 2 of the ones on the market might actually work.

Buy a Xterra 705, you can even pay them off with Afterpay or Zippay in some stores.

1520817794_troll.jpg

Mike Marsupial said:
I don't think anyone would admit to owning one if this thread is representative of the apparent loathing people display towards Chinese manufacturing. Kinda funny in a weird way. :)

i believe they would if it worked. if i had one and i believed it worked as good i would be letting people know, proof is proof and at the moment there is no proof, this whole thread is an argument between people with good detectors proven detectors and someone who does not have a Chinese detector but is saying there as good as!!

prove it with results and make us eat humble pie!!!

Latest posts