Cheap metal detectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hAyyoUinAU said:
NOT WHEN IT COMES TO DETECTORS MIKE

NOT CURRENTLY AND NOT IN THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE

Why are you pushing a point that nearly 99% of people who use detectors have already figured out?

I'm not pushing anything! If it comes across otherwise it's not intentional.
Good luck to all concerned.

I've tried a number of times to avoid further posting on this thread, but some folks seem to just want to perpetuate an argument.

Danny13 said:
Mike , do you have a detector?

lololol If you want an argument it will cost you another five pounds. :)
If you want an honest answer, then no, I don't have a detector - not for metals anyway. I do have a smoke detector, but that can't even find butts!

1520841612_tin_foil.jpg

My new detector........

On a side note for a laugh, I did look at a few detector's recently and I won't mention where but the sales guy was showing me a few models and at the time was holding a Makro Gold Racer in his hand praising how many they sell, he then tossed a $2 coin on the floor swung the coil 2" over it and with the tone looked at me as though the sale was pretty much sealed and binding :p

Danny13 said:
Mike Marsupial said:
Danny13 said:

If you want an honest answer, then no, I don't have a detector - not for metals anyway.
So just by a detector for metals and start posting finds :Y:

lololol Yes I DO intend to do that :)

Ok. Well if you were just asking if Chinese detectors are any good or as good, the answer is NO.

Do they work? Yes, they will find metal. Do they work well? NO.
Will a Chinese detector outlive its Warranty? Probably not if its used a lot.

No one is against Chinese or the concept that a lot of quality items are made in China, Mexico, Portugal, Taiwan, etc etc.
And as you said, they also make a lot of junk as well.

And the junk tends to be reverse engineered products they have illegally copied due to Chinas non existent copyright laws.

I would be very upset if I spend a lot of time designing and developing something, and invested a lot of money, only to have some Chinese company sweep it out from under me. That is why Quality and Branding is a big deal in this world.

So much so, that China has been making FAKE Minelabs, if their machines were good on their own, they wouldn't have to try pass them off as something else.
The proof is in the detector.

No one is upset with you, just the idea that we have wasted money purely due to branding is somewhat of an insult.

If I could of bought a GPZ 7000 for half the price I would have, but that is not the ways things are.

Mike Marsupial said:
Danny13 said:
Mike Marsupial said:
Danny13 said:

If you want an honest answer, then no, I don't have a detector - not for metals anyway.
So just by a detector for metals and start posting finds :Y:

lololol Yes I DO intend to do that :)
Okay , then get one , Chinese or not , and have fun . No need to continue this discussion is there?

AussieChris said:
On a side note for a laugh, I did look at a few detector's recently and I won't mention where but the sales guy was showing me a few models and at the time was holding a Makro Gold Racer in his hand praising how many they sell, he then tossed a $2 coin on the floor swung the coil 2" over it and with the tone looked at me as though the sale was pretty much sealed and binding :p

We have so much metal in our store the machine would go nuts the minute it was turned on, let alone being able to toss down a target.

I take people to our detector training ground for demonstrations, you can't demonstrate a detector in a building.

Nah don't close it...I like watching a train wreck lololololol*

The Chinese may be able to copy the externals, but a lot of detectors are software driven, and that they can't replicate or reverse engineer.

* lololololol <--- wrote that because I think it's about the only thing he does understand

mods ....... moDS ....... MODS ..... there are Chinese hackers in the forum here. .....How do I know? .... Well they are conversing in Chinese. Throw them to the floor, very roughly.

Latest posts