Cheap metal detectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1520759895_images_30.jpg

1520759908_images_31.jpg

silver said:
Mike Marsupial said:
The cheapest ones possible. Buggered if I'm going to pay 5 or 6 grand for something that's really only worth a few hundred just so some Yank can get fat and rich!
Mike, mate.... I can sell you some money tree seeds... now they look a little like been seeds (if you've ever seen a been seed), after you've grown and harvested a crop you can launder it through your nearest friendly bikie gang member, or even a politi(but they'll want their cut).... but hey, no more money problems and you can buy whatever detector you want (heck, buy a dozen z'ds if ya feel like it) even a Chinese one. :D
Silver I would love one of the money tree seeds , look nice next to my black sapote tree :lol:

Mike Marsupial said:
OK, I'll go along. They are all 100% made in El Paso, right?

And my name is Captain Galaxy!

Name a USA detector that you think is made in China and post a picture or a link to the Chinese equivalent.

You won't be able to but it will be fun to see you try.

Dude, I have worked on just about every model of Minelab PI detector and even reverse engineered a few for repair purposes.
I have several chinese knock off minelab detectors here that people have given me over the years and I can 100% confirm that none of them come close.
Most of them are just a copy of the outside. Inside they are a cheap crappy vlf detector. These cost about $2000.
I do have one that is an identical inside but outside it is a different branding and colour, however I believe that these were produced from information stolen(hacked) from a Minelab employee while in China. Unfortunately there is also a special calibration that needs to happen for these detectors to work properly, without it they are noisy pieces of junk. Not to mention that they cheap out on the special low noise components in the receiver and who knows what else. You are looking at about $3000 for one of these.

So, go spend $3000 and get one, discover that it is a POS and then spend the full price to get a real one and come back and tell me it was a cheaper way to go ;)

As for other brands, I don't bother with them..

AuMan

I work in the car industry and am a computer tech as well.

There are many clones of many things out there, but you get what you paid for. They can look the same, feel the same, and seem to function the same. But the money you saved on the clone, you lost on quality assurance, quality materials, and assurance that comes with a known brand name.

Another eg is oils, many come out of the same factory, yes, in regards to packaging, but the more expensive oils have the purer mixes. Do research and you will see.

Quality brand name detectors are very affordable and cheap, you do not have to go top end.

Now with cheap detectors, well, they will not last. If they work at all.
Will they go beep beep over some metal, probably, anyone can build a circuit to do that. Just google it.

I don't think there is any argument here at all. Even if the Chinese reverse engineered a GPZ 7000, or SDC 2300, they would not be using the same quality materials, GUARANTEED. And when you use poor quality components to cut on costs and have not understood the R&D behind the component you are cloning, then you will have a far less superior product.

I once wasted my money on a Jay Car Detector, lol. Luckily for me they refunded it.

Chinese parts have gotten better, and many a good product is made in China, but the brand associated makes sure they spend a lot of time on quality check too.
They check 1 in 10 products on the line rather than 1 in 1000.

And as said above, not many detectors used in the game are made or assembled in China. For a few reasons.

Latest posts