Australia Post

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ken2m said:
Insurance cover to $100.00 is included in registered mail (or it used to be) and if you require extra insurance you pay relitive to the increased insurance ammount, and the contents have to be stated, for the standard registered letter/package the contents don't have to be stated. Ken.

Maybe used to be, but lately Australia Post have changed the way they do most things. They cover up to $100 for letters...if it's a parcel you're sending, you need to pay extra for any sort of cover.

From their site:
http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/compensation.html said:
Compensation for loss or damage to your article of up to $100 is available with our domestic Registered Post service (for letters only)

And:

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/compensation.html said:
Extra Cover
Press to toggle additional information on-or-off
Sending something valuable or important? Extra Cover provides you with cover for the specified value of your item (up to $5,000) if your item is lost or damaged while being carried by Australia Post

Price

$1.50 per $100 of your item's value (or part thereof); and
You must add $2.95 for Signature on Delivery if your item is valued above $300.

My parcel is back in Victoria since last night ....
At the sunshine west automated sorting facility , contacted them , I can't go pick up ......
Either will be delivered late this afternoon , either Monday .... 8.(

I used to sell motorcycle parts on ebay.. about 1 in 20 mail items got lost in the post... I once bought some stuff from overseas that never arrived.. customs had locked it up because the dollar changed over night and put my buy over $1000.. they never contacted me to say they had locked it up and it took a while to find it.. then had to pay import tax... If you don't find it they sell it... :|

I hear they are thinking about doing after hours post/parcel deliveries. Seems like a good idea but i wonder if it is a fee for service type of delivery.

Jaros said:
I hear they are thinking about doing after hours post/parcel deliveries. Seems like a good idea but i wonder if it is a fee for service type of delivery.

Why trying to do that? CEO needs new car?
:D

Sent a Swarovski rifle scope way for a service a while ago..registered post with signature required.
Well it seems to have disapeared into the ether.

After much too-ing and fro-ing and an investigation by Aust post, they have finally agreed that if I can produce the original purchase reciept they will reimburse me $50 +postage.

Not bad for a $1700.00 scope. Insured post next time me thinks.

I hope santa drops a steamer down thier chimney

$50.00 AND postage?
1513397838_unknown.jpg

Aus post sent me an email to say my Coil was lost after two weeks investigating.....I didn't tell them that some nice person delivered it knowing it was sent to the wrong address. They then requested that I contact the seller which was Minersden bunch of Wanks.

Mate, I know how you feel, Australia Post managed to lose my Whites Pin Pointer four weeks ago and trying to get anyone to talk any sense at AusPost, well you may as well talk to the wall. $50 plus postage is what they are offering in this case as well and what makes it even more frustrating is that I know they delivered it to number 5 in my street and I am number 2. The people at number 5 know nothing about it and the so called Australia Post investigation was worse than useless.

Latest posts