Australia Post

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PotOfGold said:
Australia post is a fickle mistress.

But yeah sorry to hear that mate. Of all the packages to go missing ey.
It was ok if was someone else's parcel ....
They've said in the phone that for sure will be found and I'll have it by tomorrow afternoon ....it wrecks my plans for weekend as I have a date with AtomRat :( 8.(

had a similar issue with auspost, lost my 14in elite coil, when i rang about the missing item the woman on the phone asked me if it was replaceable and if it was expensive cause if they cant find it i might just have to buy another one....
wasnt happy to say the least

jamie said:
had a similar issue with auspost, lost my 14in elite coil, when i rang about the missing item the woman on the phone asked me if it was replaceable and if it was expensive cause if they cant find it i might just have to buy another one....

Well that's why you get registered post with tracking number ...insurance covers

Like Jaros, I've had parcels delivered from Coopers Brewery to rural Qld in 24 hrs - brilliant. But on another day????

I've got a bestie who works for AP sorting mail. She will tell you that AP put their workers under enormous pressure to sort mail faster and faster. Stands to reason that the harder you push people, the more mistakes that happen.

And don't forget, they have to make millions of $$$$$$$ just to pay the big boss. For doing what you say!!

DeathKiss said:
Jaros said:
Tis amazing. I ordered a beard trimmer from the Good Guys at 10 am a few mths ago and it came at 2pm same day by courier. :lol:

Lucky you ...probably the store was 1km range
Actually the closest store to me is in Rocklea a 25 min drive. The store where it was delivered from was at Northlakes -45 min's on a good day.

DeathKiss said:
jamie said:

Well that's why you get registered post with tracking number ...insurance covers

No, registered doesn't mean it's insured. Insurance is a extra on top.

How stupid is this, if I want to send a letter to the other side of Mount Gambier, it gets sent to Adelaide for sorting, then it is sent back to Mount Gambier again for delivery. The word efficiency doesn't exactly come to mind regarding a process where a letter does nearly a 1000km round trip just to be delivered in the same town. When I asked the lady behind the counter if there was any way of getting it there faster, she said I had to pay extra on top of the existing stamp price rises to avoid having it forwarded to Adelaide. :rolleyes:

DeathKiss said:
Long short story ....I have ordered from CWS Mudgee NsW my garret atx 250 last Wednesday ...
It has been posted on Thursday afternoon , processed in sunshine Vic on Friday at 4 Pm.....
On Monday morning it has been market as in transit from Thomastown VIC at 8 am ..... and processed again in same day at 4 pm back to sunshine vic.....Tuesday at 1 pm it has been processed at Chuloora nsw???? Today is Thursday and after having a chat with Australia post .....it seems that they lost my parcel ????

So dissapointed into Australia post and p***ed off .....

Rant over :mad:

Hope it turns up soon ! better late than never though.

Sounds like the automated scanning system has let you/ them down.
Till recently I had posted hundreds all around the country and only had one not delivered. A couple had made a similar journey to yours but eventually arrived to the unhappy customers. :( On the receiving end 2 never arrived though and 1 smashed in transit.

Looking forward to your pictures of ur finds in the coming weeks :) good luck!

Goldpick said:
How stupid is this, if I want to send a letter to the other side of Mount Gambier, it gets sent to Adelaide for sorting, then it is sent back to Mount Gambier again for delivery. The word efficiency doesn't exactly come to mind regarding a process where a letter does nearly a 1000km round trip just to be delivered in the same town. When I asked the lady behind the counter if there was any way of getting it there faster, she said I had to pay extra on top of the existing stamp price rises to avoid having it forwarded to Adelaide. :rolleyes:

Heard a whisper the new CEO has cut staff by closing the smaller sorting centers, filling truckloads to major ones. Got the price increase approved therefore increasing profits and his bonus. His $000000000 house extension and and renovation is now almost completed apparently.

Compulsory 5 day delivery service is now being debated.
I hope his new detector turns up soon!

Nuggetbuster said:
DeathKiss said:
jamie said:

No, registered doesn't mean it's insured. Insurance is a extra on top.

Insurance cover to $100.00 is included in registered mail (or it used to be) and if you require extra insurance you pay relitive to the increased insurance ammount, and the contents have to be stated, for the standard registered letter/package the contents don't have to be stated. Ken.

Latest posts