Australia Post

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Occasional_panner said:
Bugger, for that amount of coin you shouldn't need to send it in for a service $1700?

What was wrong with it?

The good optics are made in Germany that's why ;)

Sorry couldn't help myself. It's like a Ford vs Holden thing ]:D

Depends on age and use. Like everything.

Maybe getting a different reticle/illuminated reticle or turrets installed.

I'm sure he has his reasons.

Man I would be ropeable if someone lost my $1700 optic or anything for that matter.

Hehe not quite Oz post,
But when working for a venue, we ordered in some 'moving lights' for a show.
They were dear, 'praps $000's each..
Anyway, truck rocks up at our loading dock and we start unloading the road cases....
Driver is really helpfull in getting them off the truck.!
I get a phone call from a councillor that was behind a truck that lost its load... of black road case boxes..!!
Yep, our cases!!
Apparently it was nearlly $30k of damage!!
Lucky for the call and not signing the con note!!

Outback said:
Just wondering , do Aust post X-Ray parcels to see what's in them ?

:rolleyes:

For Domestic mail unless they have a very special reason then generally, no they don't. Not even all international mail is scanned, once again if something raises their suspicions then they may either x-ray it or physically open and check and that would more than likely be Customs with mail inspectors there.

Outback said:
Thanks Whisp , for that info .
Wonder how the crooks know what ones to pinch then ? :/
Don't know, but the blighters seem to know which ones have silver coins in them (got a few that I've sent, while in transit). :(

I always always always pay for insurance when I post anything of value over $50. I've sold a few things on eBay around the $400-$500 mark and it costs just under $20 to insure it for that value. Covers my backside if the customer decided to claim they didn't get the package (even if you ask for signature required, sometimes the postie just leaves it) or it actually gets lost.

I'm happy with aus post at the moment, got my package from qld to sa in 3 days on regular postage

This one was addressed to Swarovski Optik so anyone familiar with scopes would have known what it was. You'd just hope Aust post people weren't light fingered.

As for getting it serviced, I'd imagine plenty of people here have sent perfectly good detectors costing much more off to ML for a check up. I go to the docs for a yearly check up even though theres nothing wrong with me.

1700$ :eek: , and all you get is 50 and postage back... wth....registered post and all, that's just crap!

and here I am miffed because I got an email from Auspost telling me my redirected item would be delivered to an address I had online, which I confirmed was correct...and it still hasn't come almost a month later. I called Auspost and they were like, well under those circumstances, it should've actually got to you in a couple days...I have something else sitting in customs lol, nothing dodgy or expensive at all, hasn't even made it to Auspost ha, good luck with that one i say :/

Outback said:
I might have some fun with them , I'll send some stuff super wrapped ( hard to open ) to a mate with the address starting with Gold & Silver buyers .
Insure it & then wait to see how long it takes to go missing ! :D
:Y: brilliant

Some thieves will steal anything, even without knowing what the contents is. They figure they have nothing to lose by stealing it on the off chance that they come up trumps and score something of value, they are just opportunistic bottom feeders.

Christmas time would a thief's bonus season with so many gifts being sent. Some thieves have a good idea what something might be worth by looking at the senders address or the recipients address.

There was a case of a mail contractor stealing articles and when finally found out their house was raided and thousands of unopened mail articles were found in the shed.

This was a post we had on another site about AUST POST they can suck eggs as far as we are concerned.

WARNING ..To anyone thinking of (SELLING) or anyone wanting to buy(COD) ..DON'T...........We put an AD on other sites to sell a 3month old 12in EVO,ONLY SELLING AS NOT 100% compatable with our GP Extreme but did pickup 20 odd grams.The add said pickup only,some of you may recall the add at the end of last mth.Now had a 36min phone call from a xxxx.xxxxx on 2nd Feb explaining he never had time to come and pickup under two hours away as he's a single parent with 2 children and no time and if i discounted it to $420 he would buy it if sent (COD) .To which I indicated concern but was assured by him it was foolproof .So on the 3rd the local post office wrapped and tapped COD all over (THEIR) package and all was above board (to easy).Now on the 9th Feb received a message from xxxx.xxxxx ,The coil hasn't shown up yet,just wondering if you could give the post office a call and see where it's at.Thanks...I straight away rang our post office who then rang Templestowe PO who informed us it was delivered at 11.01 am on the 6th feb,so within 10min tried to ring xxxx back twice but no answer so on 3rd call left a 39sec message informing him of such thinking he would return but that never happened.So promptly made a report to aus post on 9th feb with a Heath who was to instigate an investigation,but after ringing back on the 12th feb got a David who advised me there was no Heath,but a Robert did send queries to the WRONG dept.Rang again on 15th it's under investigation.Checked back on the 20th still under investigation and the delivery guy who delivered without taking payment ?? was on leave,DUE back on the 22nd.Rang back on 24th feb and WAS informed deliverer had a death in the family and had to go back to INDIA for a week..Have informed E.E.DAY & SONS About warranty details incase refund is tried on current invalid warranty.So just making others AWARE IF YOU HAVE OR ARE THINKING ABOUT BUYING OR SELLING any second hand products off individuals be wary of (COD) & warranty's.Anyway end result after multiple complaints & calls and after paying insurance for $500 they gave in with payment of $420 as that was sale price after nearly three months of crap. don't trust nobody,WHICH CAN BE VERIFIED BY OUR LOCAL POST OFFICE........................[
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
((This was in reply to a doubter))

Re: WARNING BE WARY.

Post dougy on Sun May 28, 2017 3:39 am
The chap it was intended for ,claimed he was not home but at work on delivery day, yet he was posting on he's computor 20 mins later at 11.20am,(SOMEONE) took delivery, as he showed a pic on another site holding a torn receipt of delivery with scribbled signature on it when tackled by AUST POST.They AUST.POST after aprox 13 phone calls tried to throw it back at me as in we did not wrap it properly according to them, so it was a pleasure to inform them to ring our LOCAL P.O.because they did the whole procedure with COD tape all round with INSURANCE for $500.And then to keep me stalling I had to get in touch with EE.DAY to re provide THEM with a receipt of sale for coil even after we tried to explain that the original receipt was sent with the item for warranty purposes and they wanted this Before they would payout,Below is a copy of the final outcome personal info slight change,nothing to hide here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
((And this is the last contact with AUST POST))

Update for Investigation - 0796653
Hi Doug,

Re:R34506006314454 sent to

xxxx.xxxxx
Unit 1 666 xxxx Street,
TEMPLESTOWE LOWER VIC 3107

Thank you very much for your patience while we investigate your enquiry. I can certainly understand the frustration when your Cash on Delivery item is delivered but you have not received your payment. My name is Melena and I will be finalising this case for you today.

We have consulted with the Nunawading Parcel Delivery Centre who is responsible for deliveries in your addressee's area. They have advised that upon looking into the matter, the correct procedures for delivery of this Case on Delivery item was not followed and they have apologised for the inconvenience this matter has caused. I can assure you that action has been taken accordingly to address the error and prevent future occurrences.

As a result of this, we would be more than happy to finalise this case with compensation in line with the terms and conditions of the service used. I have checked the details and have ordered a money order for the amount of $420.00. This is the original amount you should have received from the addressee including and deductions of fees and postage.

Please allow standard delivery times for the Money Order to be received.

I hope that this information has helped and you enjoy the rest of your day. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Next time you need to contact us, I would suggest lodging your enquiries through our new Support Portal at https://auspost.com.au/portal/#/login. This will ensure that all relevant information is captured allowing for us to appropriately manage your enquiry without any wasted time on requesting missing information.

Thank you,

Regards,

Melena
Customer Care

Australia Post

PS. AND ALSO THE WAIT FOR PAYMENT WAS STILL ANOTHER WEEK AWAY

An update on this.

After much tooing and froing, Aust post asked me to send them the original invoice plus a copy of the post receipt and they would refund me the full amount.
There's another problem, the original invoice is in the box with the scope!
More tooing and froing and providing them with links to where I can now buy the scope cheaper, they finally agreed to pay me $1490.00 which I was very happy with.

Two days later I get a message from Swarovski Austria clarrifying my return address so they can send my original scope back to me. Appears Swarovski Australia had recieved it and on sent it to the manufacturer in Austria. :Y:

Aust posts very thorough investigation didn't even check that it had been recieved and just not scanned. I specifically asked them in one of the first emails I sent if they had rung Swarovski and they assured me they had done so.

Anyway, I've just sent Aust post a message saying thankyou but not to bother with the refund.

Good result MT .................... funny how they can't get away from that " Duty of care " Just a shame you have to push so damn hard to get a result :mad:

Latest posts