Today I finished.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 14190

Too old to care anyway.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have been working on this conversion for a couple of weeks. I had a hand operated stump grinder a couple of years ago and sold it as it was very heavy to move and use, recently I purchased a mini skid steer to help with moving bits around our 5 acres as age is catching up with me. I ended up buying a new electric start stump grinder and then set about making it work on the front of the skid steer. I now no longer have to lift, push or pull it around and I can now reach further into the bush and not get ticks on me from rubbing against some bush.

DSCF2235.JPGDSCF2236.JPG

DSCF2237.JPG

DSCF2238.JPG

DSCF2239.JPG

At present it still has the legs in the down position as I am still making sure all is working properly and it has been a bit wet for moving around into some areas. It has lift, tilt and a swing sideways of 800mm on the cutters, Full remote control stop and start and throttle from the driving position.

I looked at buying one already to fit, but they were far heavier than this one and about twice the price than this one cost to buy and alter, It can be made back into a normal stump grinder in about an hour should the need arise, just has a couple of extra bolt holes in the body.

Latest posts