Australia Post

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems to me to be a general corporate philosophy that they all now charge double and only when you complain they give you a discount on your next bill or a voucher.
Aust post workers were made redundant with a swift accountant trick involving dead wood employees. They made them redundant and employed casual visa workers to improve profit and make the CEO look good. Just my thoughts.

Lol, I paid 45 bucks us postage, for a pair of boots to be delivered to darwin. They were sent on the 27th of october, and tracking revealed that they went from LV, to LA, to Canada, back to LA, hit australia on the 18th of Nov, and im still waiting.....

And I think Australia post is stuffed! Unless the Federal Government gives all and total power back to a government institution. Although it seems to me that all the pollies want to do is sell out. Hey did you see that a sale almost went through for Australia's 2nd biggest cattle company? It was blocked as on of the land sales plans was on the Woomera test site.

davent said:
Lol, I paid 45 bucks us postage, for a pair of boots to be delivered to darwin. They were sent on the 27th of october, and tracking revealed that they went from LV, to LA, to Canada, back to LA, hit australia on the 18th of Nov, and im still waiting.....

Geeze Dave they must be Bloody hard wearing to go all that way and not wear out :eek: :eek:

john

Australia Post, Hey Guys, Your a bit hard on aussie post, Remember these workers are like you and I, I used os post over 300 times this year, Lost 1 parcel completely heaps never arrived on time, But what can you do, I have used carriers from every where os post is best of the bunch, Sorry if i upset you but this is the way of the future. Ron.

Over 18 months - Never had an item lost..

Had a few get held up or go for a trip.

Same town = Next day ... Never failed as yet...

A PO got robbed down south and that held some items of mine up..

Au post only deliver every second day in many places.

China can sell an item for $3 and post to any place in Australia and it could be 75mm square etc For me to send one small item larger than 15mm is $7.50

- Yes there is a Postage agreement that Au Post can not refuse to deliver international items that may not have the correct postage fees. Think about it... Items paid for in China for post in Australia = Who gets the $$$ - Not Au Post.

Two pinpointers crushed / cracked - My fault or Au Post ???

Also read the fine print as to Express and when it has to be lodged by.

If I lodge after 1PM I not going to get the item where I expect; when I expect. If you put in a Express Post box and it is 5Min after the collection = Your behind teh eightball...

If I am not in a major hub area - Times will extended. Post from Qld to WA can take a while - AND i understand why..

So am I impressed with AU Post - NO (Hate their digital systems and accounts etc etc etc)

I have to say; I like most of the Au Post staff I have dealt with... They have to deal with lost of crap. Paying bills, Passports and all sorts of crap.

Express is express but no way you can post at 3:30pm and get from Qld to WA over night - Even e-mail can be slow LOL

Platinum which i have used can still be 2 nights and 3 days to Perth...

Have had more problems with couriers than AU post and their parcel service.

I just hate the Au Post changes to weight and size... 500g satchel and then 3kg Maybe a 1.5 but 0.5 to 3 crapola :)

Only had one dealing with them. Sent a detector to a gumtree customer interstate on an COD CASH ON DELIVERY agreement. Sent Friday. Bloke called me Wednesday and confirmed parcel had arrived and he had paid post office for item. Very happy with service.

Personally I have more issues with sellers (ie. on Ebay) indicating items are Australian stock, when in fact they are ordered on an as needs basis from countries like China. I ordered a go-pro tripod the other day, took 17 days to get here, and as usual some of these guys rattle off the same old excuse "it was Australia Post's fault" - postage delays, sent to wrong address, the list goes on.

Whilst this is not the case with many honest sellers, it is becoming an all too frequent issue lately. If they just tell me an item has to be ordered, I'm fine with that, they shouldn't use oz post as a scapegoat to cover their asses.

Other than that, I've had no real issues with Oz Post, having bought and sold hundreds of items via ebay over the years. My main beef is with some of the contracted couriers that fail to leave postage slips, or deliver to the wrong address, close enough seems to be good enough for some of those guys. I can't recall the number of times I have received a final reminder from the post office to pick up an item, when I never received a slip in the first place. :rolleyes:

If you really need an accurate delivery estimate a reputable small courier company like e-go can often give you punctual service albeit the higher cost. Larger companies don't maintain the same consistency as there's more nuts and bolts to maintain. I buy the bulk of my products online and have just come to accept if I want it fast I'll have to buy form a retail outlet. It's always a bit of a crap shoot with auspost but if you don't mind the wait can save you a lot of $.

Interesting results today for sending a parcel via the self serve kiosk vs doing it over the counter. Total cost for sending via the kiosk was just over $30 going by weight alone, including $500 insurance for $7.50, and $2.95 for signature. I cancelled and went to do an over the counter transaction, the cost came to over $30 before any insurance or signature added, and was separately quoted $10 insurance and $2.95 for signature - would have ended up being around $43 in total. :eek:

The difference being that the parcel dimensions are also measured when going over the counter, the kiosk only goes on weight. Technically speaking, someone is actually meant to come out and measure the larger parcels, though it seem that this may not always occur, especially when extremely busy. Why the insurance value differs is anyone's guess.

The postal worker said to just go and use the kiosk as it was cheaper, and didn't bother adding the extra amount for the parcel dimensions. :|

So essentially Oz post missed out on $13 by using a machine in place of a person??? Times that by 100 or so everyday, and it soon adds up to a respectable amount.

The more we pay for postage, the less service we seem to get - much less, if these two current examples of tracking reports for eBay parcels coming to Kewdale, WA from the eastern states are anything to go by.

Going around in circles:
1464567324_ap_sunray.jpg
This parcel was posted in Boronia Vic from where it was taken almost 900 kilometres north-east to Chullora NSW, thence to Alexandria NSW, then BACK to Chullora! Why it went to NSW at all, I have no idea but I'm pretty sure there must be shorter and faster transport connections between Victoria and WA than this crazy loop.

An extraordinary detour:
1464567377_ap_1280x.jpg
Posted in Victoria, this parcel went south for a winter holiday in Tasmania, before turning up in the West a week later!

Sadly, it's all too apparent that Australia Post's ever-increasing charges are just propping up an inefficient logistics system that's failing its users on a daily basis.

I think Chullora is the main customs inspection depot, I could be wrong though.

I have had to get stuff over $1000 value I've imported before sent out to me from Chullora customs office.

Maybe it's just a merry go round of post that nobody understands, can ask my postie mate about it next time I see him.

Must have been a problem with the Auto Text Reading System. ( OCR )
All the parcels are auto processed along an assembly line with diversion gates.
Chullora is the main distribution centre in Sydney.

grubstake said:
The more we pay for postage, the less service we seem to get - much less, if these two current examples of tracking reports for eBay parcels coming to Kewdale, WA from the eastern states are anything to go by.

Going around in circles:https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4012/1464567324_ap_sunray.jpgThis parcel was posted in Boronia Vic from where it was taken almost 900 kilometres north-east to Chullora NSW, thence to Alexandria NSW, then BACK to Chullora! Why it went to NSW at all, I have no idea but I'm pretty sure there must be shorter and faster transport connections between Victoria and WA than this crazy loop.

An extraordinary detour:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4012/1464567377_ap_1280x.jpgPosted in Victoria, this parcel went south for a winter holiday in Tasmania, before turning up in the West a week later!

Sadly, it's all too apparent that Australia Post's ever-increasing charges are just propping up an inefficient logistics system that's failing its users on a daily basis.

no wonder it costs so much for postage now! what an absolute joke, so who's responsible?, such an easy thing to sort out but its still happening.

i'd say know one gets a foot up the bum.....so it continues. :mad:

Yeah the obd2 reader I got from Melbourne went through 2 handling centers b4 holidaying in Adelaide for a couple of days and then travelling 450 kms back to me. I live about half way btween Adelaide and Melbourne. Go figure. :| :rolleyes:

Long short story ....I have ordered from CWS Mudgee NsW my garret atx 250 last Wednesday ...
It has been posted on Thursday afternoon , processed in sunshine Vic on Friday at 4 Pm.....
On Monday morning it has been market as in transit from Thomastown VIC at 8 am ..... and processed again in same day at 4 pm back to sunshine vic.....Tuesday at 1 pm it has been processed at Chuloora nsw???? Today is Thursday and after having a chat with Australia post .....it seems that they lost my parcel ????

So dissapointed into Australia post and p***ed off .....

Rant over :mad:

Latest posts