Australia Post

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just tried to log on 5 mins ago and it said I was permanently banned for continues misconduct?, but now it will let me log in, I don't think I have had any warnings have I?.

We have had our fair share of AusPost f**k ups. Once we sent a brand new pro printer 2 hours out of Melbourne to Shep and this is how it arrived
1444011760_3880_auspost.jpg

Factory packed and all!!! It got here all the way from China with out a mark! 1 day with auspost and they manage to probably run a forklift over it!!!!

But the worst thing is they strapped it back up and delivered it like nothing had happened!!!!!! and through the weeks of phone calls and complaints we got a "Sorry about that here is $50" has to be one of the worst organisations in Australia!!!! we did end up having our own transit insurance but didn't break even on this deal.

Funny enough though one of our customers works for them and told us that the contractors they get have an insensitive not to deliver parcels on time cant remember the whole scam but the gist of it is if they rock up and no one is home they get $1 for carding you....... and then another $1 when they redeliver it the next day........ so they can just rock up to your house or business and even if you are home write up a card(and not actually give it to you) then drive off as they and go back the next day they make more money for not actually giving you a service!!

dan!

numpty said:
I just tried to log on 5 mins ago and it said I was permanently banned for continues misconduct?, but now it will let me log in, I don't think I have had any warnings have I?.

Same thing happened to me a week ago....all i did was reboot the computer and it seem to fix it, but as i had also PM'd Management, they might have been on top of an "issue" in the system... :/ (Oh..and my timeout was a cpl hrs)

GYpsy

So I had an item sent to me on the 19th express post, and it is supposed to be next business day delivery. Friday came no parcel so thumbs down to australia post on next day deliveries.

The parcel got flown in and was an hour away at 7:45am Friday I know they are busy but you pay for express you should get what you paid for huh??

Anybody else's thaughts??

When i lived in Sydney delivery's were grate, But now i'm on the mid north coast, whatever there estimated delivery day is I always add 1-2 days extra, and even then it might not turn up. Just a Little draw back for living in Paradise. :cool:

Australia Post is crap. 3 out of 5 things I get delivered with AusPost gets lost or delayed.

I had one package from QLD go to WA instead of NSW, stayed in WA for 3 weeks and was stuck. Another package went from VIC to TAS...

And AusPost pricing keeps going up!

I posted from Qld to Victoria recently,.. posted on one day at 1.45 pm(roughly)
And it got there at 3.15pm the next day(roughly)
Mind you, you get what you pay for,... that was express post, and they expressed it so well. :D

Australia post is useless 1 out of every items fails to make it or arrive I was always using express post. Works out cheaper and more reliable paying for a overnight courier

Luck of the draw I think, I've both sent & received packages on time & late, both normal post & express & registered.
Posting before lunch always helps I've found but sometimes I've had stuff sent normal post package & its been quicker than express post, so luck of the draw. I've had parts sent from O/S & it has made it to Australia within a few days, but then once Aus post has got it another week has gone before arriving, they just can't get anything consistant happening.
Recently had a car taillight sent from Wodonga, Vic, by my daughter, normal post pack, sent around lunch on a Wednesday, it was delivered that following Friday to my house in Ballarat around lunch time. The coil I just got was sent registered post last Friday morning, didn't get it until the following Wednesday after 1pm, sent from Bairsdale, Vic.

They do get a lot slower as christmas approaches(yes i know it's not december yet) and the mail volume that they have to deal with approaches,.... not to mention the work ethics that I've seen of the younger generation kicking in as well,.... Must admit though, there are a few youngsters that will still chip in. :eek: :D

Yep, should have gone a courie. Aw well I know for next time, It suck that you pay for express and it still take longer!!

Back in the 80s they opened up a sorting office in Nambour QLD and they were a rough bunch when it came to handling packages. Australia post got the local Gov to do a compulsory perchase order on our property as part of a thing for schools etc well they built the school further up the road on our property and Australia post got the Prime spot for a song, back then the land near by was worth about 15 to 20k per acre but the area they took was worth 45k per acre, we got stuffed big time, :eek: :eek:

Latest posts