Australia Post

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To get it back on subject about Australia Post and its awesomeness.. last year we had mail go missing. I don't mean just me, but 3 towns worth of presents, bills, letter and packages were mysteriously missing. About 3 months later, massive parcells arrives at the front door with police tape and stickers all over it. What on earth?! Opened it up to find my missing mail, everyone else recieved the same packages ( well most did ).

For those who didn't get mail returned and to conclude the story, the local foreign postie decided to try out fraud and while he was at it..just keep everyone's mail and go through it all. The police discovered him due to the hessian Australia Post bags accumilating by his front door. This was because his house was full to the roof with everyone's mail, some, never to be seen again. A pile of crushed children's toys in one corner of the house. I don't know what his plan of departure was but it never happened.

I don't know what the outcome or charges were but I'm sure his not ( hopefully ) in a happy place.

Tathradj said:
Out the front of Bega Post Office is a Post Box.
You drop a letter in it to some one in Bega.
Does it get sorted in Bega then posted that day.
Nope. :eek:
It goes to Wollongong and sorted into a mail run for the local Posties then sent back for
delivery the next day. 8)
There is no local sorting of mail. It is all done by a machine 450 Klm's away then sent back.

Yes that keeps the drivers employed LOL some times you wonder why.

Cheers, DD

AtomRat said:
To get it back on subject about Australia Post and its awesomeness.. last year we had mail go missing. I don't mean just me, but 3 towns worth of presents, bills, letter and packages were mysteriously missing. About 3 months later, massive parcells arrives at the front door with police tape and stickers all over it. What on earth?! Opened it up to find my missing mail, everyone else recieved the same packages ( well most did ).

For those who didn't get mail returned and to conclude the story, the local foreign postie decided to try out fraud and while he was at it..just keep everyone's mail and go through it all. The police discovered him due to the hessian Australia Post bags accumilating by his front door. This was because his house was full to the roof with everyone's mail, some, never to be seen again. A pile of crushed children's toys in one corner of the house. I don't know what his plan of departure was but it never happened.

I don't know what the outcome or charges were but I'm sure his not ( hopefully ) in a happy place.
What the heck!!!!!!. Sounds like an episode of sienfeld. :eek:

Hi Anger management iam also waiting 7 days today a detecter from SA still know sigh of it . When i have bought from USA it takes 9 days to get here so what the hell is A/Post ding

Yeah the heyday of Aust post is long gone. If I need something send quick I use tnt, toll or couriers please for interstate. Fastway if its within qld. Or E-go.com.au which is backed by the newcastle company Hunter Express for parcel not time sensitive or bulky.
Maybe that will give you a few more options for your future deliveries Anger Management.
TGW

apparently I received my item last Thursday 9th, be nice if I could see it!, tracking says I got it over a week ago hahaha, fug'n useless numpties have lost it or delivered it to the wrong address.
thought i'd order it a week before I needed it, 'that will be heaps of time' only has to go about 25km's :lol:.
then 15 min wait to get to talk to someone when I ring up.
that will teach me to be a lazy bugger and not drive over to pick it up!.
very very very poor service.

The big problem is that their contractors can't read or write the English language-I got a parcel on wed. signed for it as i recognised the courier and his turban, he recognised me as well but the parcel was for 2 doors down the road. I do get a few ebays delivered. Don't know whar happened to the parcel after i called him back and told him.!!!
Jaros :p

The Green Wanderer said:
Yeah the heyday of Aust post is long gone. If I need something send quick I use tnt, toll or couriers please for interstate. Fastway if its within qld. Or E-go.com.au which is backed by the newcastle company Hunter Express for parcel not time sensitive or bulky.
Maybe that will give you a few more options for your future deliveries Anger Management.
TGW

A great reminder !!!

I use e-go when sending a few items - Depot to Depot is so much cheaper..

Also use them when I am sending Coffee machines etc..

My guy and the local postey are 100% Aussy

Always getting the wrong mail. We return it or deliver - if up the road / next street. Often get one place very often...

But they say they have never got any of ours - yet my mail does go missing at times..

One young Courier was 110% and then some.

Dirty van, loud music - Always had a smile and went out of his way to provide a service to a few of us in the street... He would even come around the back of my place and knock on the shed - If It was a Sig package. And on the odd occasion, would call in later if I was not home the first time...

3 year Electrical Apprentice - I think he got a FT job...

He was a good worker, had manners and polite - Crappy hair / Ink and poor choice of Music. But I recon that who ever got him, should have raced out and got a casket ticket... Bloody big loss around here when he moved on.

Ive had my fair share of shit in my life over the years ... 25 ish years ago i got a PO Box in my home town.(i still have the same po box today) I thought with all the instability at least i could be sure my mail would be safe. Foolishly believing it would be there when i managed to get there to collect it.....I just assumed it would be held. Ive got a po box ... I pay money!
I think it was around march one year i went to collect my mail, got everything out of the jam packed little box, presented the parcel tickets to the guy at the counter and he laughed at me.... 'Seriously' he said 'these are from december' ... Ye xmas presents from my mum i think ... 'There gone' he says ... I thought maybe back to the mail centre ( at worst) 'NO ,there gone' he says.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN F'N GONE .... IVE GOT A POST BOX.
'Sorry ....next..'
That was about 10 or so years back now..
Im not exactly sure what ive actually lost over the years , but did try to visit more regular to empty and collect

Well they got me again yesterday :rolleyes:
Im in the process of changing mail boxes because ive where i now have moved to.
Apparently i cant have it redirected because its from po box to po box. So i make the regular pilgramage 80 aprox kms.
I presented the pick up tickets( there were 2 ... One was a reminder) the bloke(a new face) put a pacel on the bench and went to look for another ... I said i think its the same ...he says no its got a different parcel number ... Thats because this is not mine .. It's box 456 mines box 465 . ohhh . He goes back out , comes back and says no theres none here , did you collect it already?
ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME !
So i dont know what the hell ive lost ... AGAIN
they did poke around on their computer but i got no real answer .
Fortunately with the presents from mum would have been clothes and probably would have been a couple of sizes too small, would have been coloured and of a style i would never wear anyway. :lol: thats what i get every year :lol:
But i always say thanks and give her a big hug when i see her.

To be honest I've really got no complaints about Auspost, usually get stuff in a reasonably timely manner and when I send stuff it generally always gets there with minimum fuss. We have a great local post office and the big mail centre that takes care of the whole Northern Beaches is a 2 minute drive up the road. I've got a few mates that work there and they reckon things usually go pretty smoothly.

I remember though my parents old post contractor got in deep crud for failing to deliver mail though, when the cops got him there were piles of it out the back of his house.......

I've been getting parcels from a new contractor with the same MO as AM; busted up dirty van, drives like a maniac, music so loud that I hear him turn in the driveway and he pulls up a couple of inches, if that, from my verandah posts. He jumps out, doors bouncing from his enthusiasm and parcel in hand before I generally open the front door.

He is the most efficient and friendly driver I have ever met, I just hope he doesn't have an accident with someone's fine antique delivery as I don't want him replaced.

It's a sad indictment of the "privatization" times (supported by both parties but more-so driven by the Liberals)....less care, poor service, slower delivery of goods/services and higher cost.

Once an organisation is driven by "shareholders"..the average punter loses out as the "primary" focus is no longer the "function" of the business, moreover it's all about the bottom line....=$$$$

The end user usually gets screwed.

GGA

GypsyGoldAu said:
It's a sad indictment of the "privatization" times (supported by both parties but more-so driven by the Liberals)....less care, poor service, slower delivery of goods/services and higher cost.

Once an organisation is driven by "shareholders"..the average punter loses out as the "primary" focus is no longer the "function" of the business, moreover it's all about the bottom line....=$$$$

The end user usually gets screwed.

GGA

Please sir can i have some more ;)

Oohhhh no ya don't....it's Saturday and i intend to try and enjoy the weekend as best i can, so don't get me started lol :p

so after 5 phone calls to aust post about my missing package now they tell me 'we are very sorry sir but we checked with the driver and they said it was delivered to the right area', so I said well why didn't you ring me and tell me, I have been waiting blah blah blah, long story short I just got my sorry answer after over 3 weeks, they told me they will get back to me in 48 hours!.
they don't give a toss, had my guts full.
what can ya do!.
wonder how many items get sent to te wrong address or taken home by the driver.

Latest posts