12 Weeks To Find First Gold (Persistence Pays).

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

So today I was sitting here at home getting some things done, had a friendly visit from a mate who I havent seen for over 2 years. Just before this I was heading out for a swing, the time was roughly 4:30pm and he needed to go at 6:00ish - well I hit the fields after they left. But before he left I changed my plans on what I wanted to do out the bush.

Originally I was going to a new section just to look around, but thought seen as I only have a few hours till sun down. Why not do a section that I have always wanted to check. The area is road side, close to where I found that 7 gram not long ago, and also many years ago I did find a piece on this road side. So the thought was to get as many targets as I could in the very short time.

Working the road side very consistent, as you guys all know that we get a lot of trash and junk road side from the years of people littering cans, ring pulls, bottle tops, bullet shells, etc

Well I cleaned a lot of targets out of a small section maybe 20 meters long and only a band of 3 or so meters wide. I chose this area for a certain reason based on the incline and previous gold deposits that I have found along the hill side and further down.

Well you guy will be surprised on the targets, just goes to show how persistence pays off.

I will get the Vid together - please forgive the emotions

Cheers

Forgot to mention,

My brother also came out and found this cool relic.

1487672866_pic_01345.jpg

Thanks Bjay, yeah thats right mate - capturing these moments to share with all is a great feeling. Just finished now should be up in about 1 hour, damn compressing takes a while.

Thanks AussieF, glad you enjoyed it. Almost like being there thats just awesome, wait until you see this next one.

Thanks MG
All of your vids are great. What you do is really showing the rest of us how and why you find the good stuff :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi MG, OMG you mate are legend, thank you for sharing your knowledge with us all. I am only new to this forum and have learnt years of experience from listing to you. This post is amazing. Thank you. If you would like a holiday and scratch a few different rocks around Batemans Bay, I would be happy to give you a guided tour of our local mines & a place to crash. In hope of raising some curiosity, here is a quartz reef I found that had been in unearthed by forest logging, This rock is big.
1487865466_1486281414161.jpg

bbayjohn said:
In hope of raising some curiosity, here is a quartz reef I found that had been in unearthed by forest logging, This rock is big.

Hi BBJ, thats great mate be good to take some sample in various sections crush and pan to see if there is indeed any signals. Or swing away in hope of a solid one mate.

Gotta love it when we something that wasnt visible before now pokes through the surface after, machinery or even general weathering or erosion.

All the best mate. And thanks for the offer, I will surely add that in my book.

Ronk said:
Minelab Gold said:
Forgot to mention,

My brother also came out and found this cool relic.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/8504/1487672866_pic_01345.jpg
Hi MG great info you produce
just saying wife noticed we no longer get relics perhaps we looking in the wrong places

Hi Ron,

In most area's I believe Relics are harder to find than gold, unless you stumble across campsites or old building area's like the old mining towns that dont exist anymore.

Compared to the relic type jewelry that is often at beaches, but relics in the goldfields are very hard to get.

Thats just what I have found in all my years detecting anyway. I think my ratio would be close to 300:1

All the best

Hey MG :D
Is that 300 pieces of lead to 1 relic?? ]:D

I must be lucky then ;) ;) i have found 1 gold plated button :eek: , 1 teapot lid :rolleyes: and a masonic brooch :) in the past 4 months!!

Thats fantastic, Im pretty sure the last one I found was that dog head cane piece and chinese coin, but most other items are just the general rust which are not easy to determine what they were. And mainly a few buttons and old bullet shells, the occasional lead pieces.

Got another couple yellow targets today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxgI8WLSX04

Pretty exciting out for 4 or so hours and had plenty of targets to keep me going.

So far for me Relic wise has been a few buttons ,three pence a rail spike and an adjustable wrench for square headed bolts .

Definately find ALOT more lead than relics or Gold .

Still waiting for the Ground Reading Vid ;)

Keep up the great vids and info MLG .

Thanks Plushy,

Got some things on the cards mate, plenty of filming to do to ensure I can get the most content for you guys all in one.

I remember years ago I found an old boot spur still with the rowel in tact. It was on an old track about 1 foot deep.

I know this isnt local - but when we see these Vids it helps to inspire - what a nice find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB2XIO8-Er4

pity the dig video wasnt captured though. I wouldnt know how to react on a find like that one, maybe a few cross words bleeped out, definitely be jumping around more than KG and Ringy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts