My New SteelPhase SP01 First Outing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went in to Coiltek Maryborough with a suspected battery audio issue and left with a new SP01, the battery was fine by the way. I had been toying with buying an SP01 but they are few and far between at the moment so I didn't hesitate when I saw it. Today I went to a well worked gully not far from Adelaide Lead. The EMI today was the worst I've ever experienced, so bad in fact that I dialled down my gain on the 4500 to 4, stabilizer 2, I have never run gain that low, 6 occasionally but not 4 and it was still tough. My first target was good old lead shot. The next four targets were gold gold gold and gold! I have to say I am really impressed with the SP01, it definitely makes the target signals stand out more clearly and I can't wait to get out and use it some more, especially in more favourable quiet EMI conditions. Four little bits for a total of 1.1g, the biggest was 11"down, 0.6g
IMG_2976.jpeg

I went in to Coiltek Maryborough with a suspected battery audio issue and left with a new SP01, the battery was fine by the way. I had been toying with buying an SP01 but they are few and far between at the moment so I didn't hesitate when I saw it. Today I went to a well worked gully not far from Adelaide Lead. The EMI today was the worst I've ever experienced, so bad in fact that I dialled down my gain on the 4500 to 4, stabilizer 2, I have never run gain that low, 6 occasionally but not 4 and it was still tough. My first target was good old lead shot. The next four targets were gold gold gold and gold! I have to say I am really impressed with the SP01, it definitely makes the target signals stand out more clearly and I can't wait to get out and use it some more, especially in more favourable quiet EMI conditions. Four little bits for a total of 1.1g, the biggest was 11"down, 0.6g
View attachment 11341

Run your spo1 on high volume and your detector a bit lower Pings the lower signals.

Latest posts