gold kruzer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i had a few problems with the gold kruzer
it was having a good old fashion chatter to it self (just like at the whistick geoff it would not shut up )so it was sent off to get checked out
detect-ed found a few internal problems with it and replaced a few bits which was all good
got the machine back and i can not believe it is the same machine with how quiet it runs
i think it had these problems from new ,and me being a dumbo with these things and knowing no better i was none the wiser

so i was keen to give it a run in the yard ,i just ran it it general mode to see how it went
general mode does not discriminate so all targets are fair game

the best find in the yard here ,and there was another target still in the hole but i was getting "that look" 😒 from you know who so i filled it in and i will keep it for another when the look is not home😞
5 cent piece for comparison ,a piece of aluminium can
20240304_151440.jpg

can't winge about the depth she is pinging stuff at
20240304_151114.jpg

i have 98% of the time ran the GK24 coil on it
i gave the GK19 a run at my mates place in the creeks for a short time and went back to the 24 coil
the 19 was a bit noisy but it could have been the other problem all along ,next time i am out there i will give it a run

at detect-ed they asked me if i had used the machine much as the 2 standard coils that came with it had buggeral marks on them
i had never used the 26c coil but the 19 coil had about 10 minutes ,i told them i had mainly ran the 24 coil and as it is a after market coil it did not go back with the detector
hopefully it is all good from here

For me it is 70% GK24 30% GK19.

GK24 for reasonably trashy spots and the GK19 for the super trashy spots & rocky creeks.

That ratio doesnt do justice to the GK19 though -it is a great coil. Being a DD the GK19 (7.5 x 4) has each winding only 2.5" wide !!

That really concentrates the field. It is like a true blade making picking targets from trash a doddle, really helps with micro targets & the narrow shape pokes in where no other coil can.

Yes you lose raw depth vs a bigger coil but what gets you better real depth - getting your small coil flat on the ground between 2 rocks or hovering above the rocks with a bigger coil?

yep and you being the hardware guru😁 ,i will let you pick the glue mackka and you can put it together and we will go halves mate 🤣

i was thinking of giving the 19 a run over the same spot ,to see if it can pick up the other signal
i was getting 2 readings a solid 48 and a jumpy 18 /25 ,they were about a 2" apart and a slight difference in tone
the 18/25 disappeared with the first shovel full (hot rock) then the canslaw
the other signal is faint with a jumpy 55/60

where we are hear xloox ,is where the old service station used to be

no shortage of trash in the ground here ,in some places you can not wave the coil without constant targets on top of each other
i found a label of a old cake tin the other day with the legend
20240223_131216.jpg
she was pretty well banged up from the rotary hoe over the years

one area right behind where the main shop was ,over the years i reckon i would have been able to start my own garage with the amount of old tools and parts that surfaced each time a worked that area for cow feed to be planted for winter
they were tight with their money i have never found a coin of any description 😒

i gave up after 3 years
shifters ,spanners, tyre levers, hammers, car parts, heaps of 2" piping (i would say fuel lines for the pumps), even a old steering wheel/handle from a aeroplane, it still had some cable attached to it
i gave it to a mate that is into aeroplanes ,and he confirmed that what it was
and then he got a bit cranky with me when i gave up as he wanted to see if the rest of the plane was there or not😅

Latest posts