12 Weeks To Find First Gold (Persistence Pays).

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming a good part of that 'rock' was gold, it's worth a fortune and with such a hangover we won't be hearing from MG for a few days...at least I hope that is what's happened for MG.

But for us it is certainly suspenseful MG!!!! C'mon, just a sign?

I think every member on here will be wishing him all the luck in the world he is a great guy who has helped so many for one reason only so they can get better at what he loves to do I for one hope the hole bloody thing was gold .PP

I think its very exciting guys to see all of your enthusiasm, thats just how important it is always in the field, on the search for the elusive. Being able to share with you all every moment that I face while on the search, obviously not every target because that would get boring. But I do try to share each and every gold find with a few in betweener's - the odd ground noise etc etc.

It shows how much we enjoy each and every target no matter what. Keeping that optimism is very important in the search.

Having that feeling of waking up and can't wait until the next time out, I always look forward to the next day in the fields. I very rarely burn myself out because its a passion.

I wish that I could give you all incredible search windows so you could all go out and have many days of gold finds. Just keep at it guys and eventually you will get that window of opportunity. Work it hard and work it consistent.

I remember many many years ago, a story in Gold Gem and Treasure Mag, one guy who took up the hobby, now this is persistence at its ultimate best guys. He didnt find not even one piece of gold in 2 years, then one day out near Dunolly he got his first gold find, and dug out a 30 Ounce Piece. Determination but also he enjoyed each and every target guys.

Thanks M.G

Well mate you had us all hoping for you on that one .thought it was only me who does that kind of thing lol well 1 more target closer to the big one . But i have never seen so much excitement about a find well done with the suspense onward and upward .PP

Pirate pete said:
Well mate you had us all hoping for you on that one .thought it was only me who does that kind of thing lol well 1 more target closer to the big one . But i have never seen so much excitement about a find well done with the suspense onward and upward .PP

Thanks Pete,

Nah we all do it, trust me its not just you mate haha. Its quite funny listening for those signals that only just flick the radar sensor, concentration at its best all the time then BOOM that thing was yeah coming onto the radar like a ground noise about 1 foot away, then Scream. Pretty sure we wont miss those targets lol

Its the small or large faint threshold changes we maintain the focus on always to keep our senses tuned.

Anyway no harm done, detected, dug some, then dug some more, got the visual and another visual had some fun can't ask for much more. Well I could but Im not greedy - 20kg is fine.

I wasnt going to put that video up but even showing excitement from these targets is well worth a look. Whats the fun in just seeing video after video of the same old thing, found a target and gold it is, found another target and gold it is. Detecting is way more than just that

Cheers M.G

Well, disappointing for you MG but onwards and upwards. I can't believe the scream it was making for a .22 bullet - especially when the big bit of rock/conglomerate was still in there - weird :|

Anyway, we will all resume normal transmission now :D :D

maaaate total disappointment shiiiit and all that crap but great drama and interest you had us all on the edge off your dig hole but hey thats prospecting . what would you have done with all that loot anyway it would have probably ruined your life lol.

Well MLG at least you won't retire on us :p :p :p :p
With that target I would have been talking to my Bank to see if I could buy it!! :p :p :p
And I know you gotta dig every target

Well good luck for the next one :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:

Hi MG

Rushed home to check the post to see your big nugget, disappointed for you that it wasn't the big one.

All the small one's your finding can be eventually be melted down into a big one.

Great videos anyway, keep them coming.

Regards AU. :) :) :)

Thanks Guys,

Plushy thats fantastic mate, glad it all paid off with some color.

Well today was a challenge that I set for myself, back out to my favorite area, Day 39 weather was great and time to get some targets.

Started off very slow with the odd signal here and there. Again today almost had me beat, the challenge that I set myself today was to find targets film them and give all of my subscribers a chance to win the piece of Gold - doesnt matter what the signal was big small either way I was determined to get the target and give all my subscribers that chance to guess the weight based on the signal response.

It was a great feeling doing this, it made me even more determined after each target.

So today I got, lead rust more lead and rust the odd shoelace rings from the old timers shoes. And there we are finally a target to complete the challenge.

I will post up the video and details after dinner.

Good luck to all my subscribers.

Regards M.G

MG
Woke in the middle of the night and watched Part2. Was sorry to see the rust and bullet. Was hoping you hit a big one. I've certainly been there before, many times, as I'm sure most PA detectorists have to.
You certainly had us all in suspense ....... But please, next time, make it a big piece of gold. Can't handle the suspense. Cheers

Dig'n-it said:
MG
Woke in the middle of the night and watched Part2. Was sorry to see the rust and bullet. Was hoping you hit a big one. I've certainly been there before, many times, as I'm sure most PA detectorists have to.
You certainly had us all in suspense ....... But please, next time, make it a big piece of gold. Can't handle the suspense. Cheers

Thanks D,

Hopefully you werent having nightmares about a big nugget. Finding big gold here is like catching a 5kg bream

I have enough bait fish to keep me going though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts