12 Weeks To Find First Gold (Persistence Pays).

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief MG, what a bruiser, 20kgs, that a whooper, I bet he had no trouble carrying home, lol

John.

Any further detail on the find MG apart from your earlier post. Such as year and month.

That is a serious piece if it does exist.

20kg+ ?????
OMG!! :eek:

What a lucky bugger!!
who ever it is that found it :mad: ]:D

They haven't posted a pic as there probably still trying to fit it in the photo :lol: :p

I wonder how deep it was????

MG any more whispers in the breeze your way ;) ;) :lol:

wow wow 20kg surly that would be all over the news even if you were trying to keep it quite somebody would let it slip ,shit if I find one half that size you would know about it, you would hear my yells from the bush lol. If its true good on him/her thats over a mil in scrap value more as a nugget .

Hey Guys,

Nah nothing, I have googled every single possible keyword to try to see if it has been made public yet. It was from a source close in the family, as they know that I am a passionate operator.

These are the words, "did you hear about the recent find down Ballarat" - my reply was "not too recent but there was that 5.5kg". "Nah apparently someone found a big nugget over 20kgs" I didnt say anything else and they mentioned "it is estimated over $1,000,000"

Based on those 2 numbers and knowing that this person doesnt really know or follow gold, it was safe to assume he wasnt just making it up but only repeating what he was advised. He was told this by someone who i personally know and is also a passionate prospector, because I asked who told him.

I was advised this about 1 week ago and have been keeping an eye on if or when the story is made available.

Could be Chinese whispers who knows, But surely one to keep a look out for.

If I hear or see anything I will post it up.

hi mg
i hope your wa venture comes off what an oppertunity that is karma in its purest form. the way you have freely given so much information to all us mere mortals we thank and will miss you.
your vids have been great and your comparison test very informative.
unfortunately and alas the 20kg is not mine but wow cangrats to whoever

ps does d get a trip say hi to him

Hi MG
Can you please tell the person who found the 20kg that I lost one that looked just like the one they found ! LOL
And I am sorry that I can't let you go to WA!!
We need you here !!!!! LOL

Hi Guys,

So after a grueling couple of days of hot weather, and not being able to get out. I was looking forward to this change in weather, I hit the fields today back to my favorite area. Weather was still in the 30's in most parts as you all know, then we get the nice change come through.

After hunting away with the electronic tones and threshold humming at its best, the occasional chatter from the lightning, I wasnt deterred to let this interference stop me from getting these targets.

After 5 minutes something happened, I turned the camera on and started to roll.

I will put together the vid's and get them uploaded.

Cheers M.G

Minelab Gold said:
Hi Guys,

So after a grueling couple of days of hot weather, and not being able to get out. I was looking forward to this change in weather, I hit the fields today back to my favorite area. Weather was still in the 30's in most parts as you all know, then we get the nice change come through.

After hunting away with the electronic tones and threshold humming at its best, the occasional chatter from the lightning, I wasnt deterred to let this interference stop me from getting these targets.

After 5 minutes something happened, I turned the camera on and started to roll.

I will put together the vid's and get them uploaded.

Cheers M.G
god dam still waiting the suspense is killing me lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi All,

Just thought to update thread while the latest video is uploading to youtube.

Today was another day in the fields back to my favorite area. Day 37 - as we all know too well how the days can start off with a find in quick time, or some days scattered throughout, and other days nothing all day until very late. Or we just get the days with no yellow but an exciting amount of other targets to keep us going.

Sun almost down behind the mountains and there we are an absolute screaming target. 1 Foot Deep and this thing was blanking

1. Fair to assume it is a big piece of rust - hah why would you assume that, better than assuming its gold yeah. And there we are target in the hand
1486895510_pic_0045.jpg

1486895510_pic_0046.jpg

Well after I got this target out, there was another piece of rust just next to this target, when I had removed the target it must have broken into small pieces, so I went through the pile and got those out so I couldnt hear anymore.

I continued right next to this area just to the right maybe 100mm or so and another small signal in the ground.

2. And there we have it - right next to 5 or so pieces of junk
1486895638_pic_0047.jpg

1486895638_pic_0048.jpg

The sun was almost down and I thought today may just be the day when the consecutive finds at this area have me beat, but no. As mentioned stick to the course and just keep doing what you do and it will eventually be a gold target.

And hows that within 10 more seconds after I started swinging - to the right of this hole another target, this sound was almost like a 0.22 piece of lead on the surface. As I removed the target it was only 1 inch below the surface.

Trapped in white compacted clay - what could it be, its fair to say we know what this is. And the surprise when we crack it open to see how much gold could be in there.

3. Trapped in here and slowly broken apart to reveal the surprise
1486895871_pic_0051.jpg

1486895871_pic_0052.jpg

1486895871_pic_0053.jpg

1486895871_pic_0054.jpg

1486895871_pic_0055.jpg

4. And there we are - I wasnt expecting it to be a solid little ball like this. I knew it gave a fair signal but it could have easily been a flat piece. Pretty cool when they come out solid.
1486895915_pic_0056.jpg

1486895915_pic_0057.jpg

1486895915_pic_0058.jpg

5. All cleaned and ready to check under the microscope. I just need to clean some more of the white clay in the grooves.
1486895915_pic_0060.jpg

Yeah so that was one of those days, found roughly 15 or more junk targets, button, lead, rust, bullet casings etc then that big rust patch with the gold right next to it.

Hope you enjoy the images.

Cheers M.G

MG,

I read your post's with interest as always....
Look forward to each post as they are Very informative and the pic's tell a 1000 words......
We are on the other side of the paddock....

Beleave you are considering a trip across the paddock.....
When this happens ....
We will be very interested in your post's about the differences in the ground on this side of the paddock.....

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Hi Dig'n-it,

I probably should correct my previous post, as there was a time not long ago when I had to walk away because it was dark, when i found that Hole with Gold - as you would remember I had to leave majority less 29 pieces in the ground, imagine this feeling each day walking away.

To be honest it wasnt hard to walk away, because I knew it had been there for how long. But more exciting spending the 2 1/2 days digging out over 160 piece alone just from that hole.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts