12 Weeks To Find First Gold (Persistence Pays).

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaiser Soze said:
The rest of us go looking for good and find lead. MG goes looking for lead and finds gold! :p

Oh KS,

Got me laughing on that one, appears that way on this outing. I would be arrogant if I said different, but I maintain that positive outlook always. I know how hard it can be to find gold.

The early days was always its gotta be gold, look at this hole no way it can be anything else, and fair enough let down, again again and again - too higher expectations in my earlier days.

Thats why now I just guess but never assume and never expect, just find targets.

Again I would be arrogant to say Im happy to dig rust and lead, we always want to find gold but dealing with everything else is just as simple as repetitive work on being happy finding targets. Even simple comments hah its rust nice one could be gold under it, or wonder what gun this bullet came out of, that screams it could be a cool relic or a coin. Rather than its F!@#$%G RUST

Positive Reinforcement - can be a simple positive comment on the targets removed or even better Gold :)

The things we battle with over the years.

Spot on MG!! ;)
Optimism is the best medicine :D

I couldn't imagine going out detecting expecting to find gold from every target I hit then swearing and getting frustrated with every bit of rust or lead etc....... :mad: :p

I would have to be as mad as a hatter to go through that, over and over again. :lol:
True, sometimes it can get to you but........
That's what makes those unique finds exciting and keeps us hunting for them!! ;) ;)

You never know what you might find :D :lol:

MG, to be honest those results don't surprise me in the slightest. Many people never even put a DD on their detectors, many don't even own a DD. If you're having to dumb down a detector to run a mono coil in my opinion you are better off putting on a DD and running the hottest settings you can.

The detech ultimate spiral is a great coil, you might not want to take it off now...... :)

Nothing wrong with using DD's at all, which you have just proven, sometimes they will out perform monos depending on which timing you use and the mineralisation.

I've never found gold with a DD but have dug up a 20c coin on the beach with the 11" DD commander at over 1/2 a metre deep, so they can definitely punch down deep.

1486508474_timings_matrix_gpx.jpg

Well that would make you think about your next test area lol tell me where you are going to put it and I will check it for you lol ,Talking about depth of targets weeell I was out the other day and got a nice reverse tone in what we thought was an old riverbed turns out it was the processing area ,this place was totally hammered in the day and again in the 30's quartz everywhere so when you get a tone dig it ,so dig it we did down to 800mm and surprise surprise it was and old oil can, was really happy that I picked up the signal not happy about the two hours of digging lol,and yet again yesterday made a rookie mistake again nice reverse tone in between two large diggings again dug down about 700 mm and found a cap of an old shaft this thing was about 3/4" thick ,if I had checked the target area I would have seen how far back the target went and saved myself a lot of sweat and swearing lol lesson learned lol .Great depth though lol

Heatho said:
MG, to be honest those results don't surprise me in the slightest.

Hi Heatho,

Its quite easy for me to put a coil on film it and say wow look at this coil it found a 1 gram nugget at 4 feet deep, nothing surprising at all. Well 4 feet deep probably is but you get my point. Thats not showing operators how to set the machines for each ground type, its just putting the machine in the highest setting to gain depth only.

A true performance test is showing the operators how to achieve everything needed for each coil to perform, in ground types. Obviously whenever a setting is changed it is affecting either of the following, Stability, Sensitivity, Depth, Response

Your not ever going to get an operator walking through a highly variable area changing a setting every step they take just to be able to gain maximum performance on the machine.

Even simple things like RX Gain down to 6 in Normal with Quiet Audio will gain depth and have excellent stability for hot grounds over RX11 in Enhance. Gaining less coil saturation you can infact run normal all day long on Hot Grounds with the coil off the ground by 1 inch, operators say they will lose 1 inch depth when really they are gaining because you are ramped up very high still increases your chances a hell of a lot more than a basic lets go Enhance All day. Taking every single variable and putting it to the test getting the results shows a true performance.

The basic chart you posted doesnt surprise me at all. My point is that even with knowing how to dull down a Mono to handle a certain area in fact does gain depth over a DD ramped up, another point if you know these figures then it provides you with the sense that knowing your setting is actually outperforming the DD based on the test data, and again knowing when to go DD is also important, rather than walking along thinking that you have the best chance when really your walking blind and hoping, set and forget attitude. Simple things the test results provide are how the coil size gains less coil saturation which improves depth over using another coil size in our arsenal on certain ground types.

Also some operators like myself and have for many years get use to the way the grounds are talking at the highest setting, where as new operators want everything to be nice and quiet running we all know what that loses and gains.

Maybe its pointless providing the results people could just use your chart, because my results will be based on all of my coil test results with the settings and whats needed for me personally to operate.

Same old story Heatho, I like to utilize each of my 6 coils for their intended purposes and some just want to walk all day on one coil changing settings if at all.

I would never leave the Detech 15" DD Ultimate Coil on forever - it has its place in the field as mentioned.

What ever makes you happy and finds what your are looking for.

Cheers M.G :)

Back about 10 years ago maybe less I test a lot of Detech Coils and I was not impressed with them, But there was one coil I want and the dealer said don't by that they are F%$&ing Crap, so I just gave up and walked away, anyways mid last year I see someone selling that particular coil on ebay for about $160.00 so I bought it and within hours of testing It I bought another one from him just in case, I was in shock, The Crap coil turned out to be the best after market coil I have ever tested,

It adds a good couple of inches on small targets and on large targets it has Crazy Power and I only noticed that because I was digging a hole with my Pick and I kept getting noise in my headphones and every time I stopped digging the noise stopped, so I swung the pick and sure enough that was the cause, the coil was about 4 and a half feet to 5 feet away So I measured it and that was the what the tape measure said , The EMI is now lower by about 60 to 70%, and it is about half an ounce lighter than the factory DD and covers a bigger area. And it handles bad ground a lot better,

I watched Nenads Video many times and I was still not sure about the Detech or the Elites etc, But I understand what the Video was actually saying after watching it 5 or 6 times, being A Pro Coiltek user, But the Detech Coils seem to have an edge in forever changing soil/ground, Since I bought the Detech I have never taken it off,

hope that helps,

John.

Pirate pete said:
Well that would make you think about your next test area lol tell me where you are going to put it and I will check it for you lol ,Great depth though lol

Pete thats fantastic mate,

Depths and determination. I will let you know when I set up a new test area. Hopefully get all the testing done for you guys before I head over West.

Cheers M.G

Minelab Gold said:
Heatho said:
MG, to be honest those results don't surprise me in the slightest.

Hi Heatho,

Its quite easy for me to put a coil on film it and say wow look at this coil it found a 1 gram nugget at 4 feet deep, nothing surprising at all. Well 4 feet deep probably is but you get my point. Thats not showing operators how to set the machines for each ground type, its just putting the machine in the highest setting to gain depth only.

A true performance test is showing the operators how to achieve everything needed for each coil to perform, in ground types. Obviously whenever a setting is changed it is affecting either of the following, Stability, Sensitivity, Depth, Response

Your not ever going to get an operator walking through a highly variable area changing a setting every step they take just to be able to gain maximum performance on the machine.

Even simple things like RX Gain down to 6 in Normal with Quiet Audio will gain depth and have excellent stability for hot grounds over RX11 in Enhance. Gaining less coil saturation you can infact run normal all day long on Hot Grounds with the coil off the ground by 1 inch, operators say they will lose 1 inch depth when really they are gaining because you are ramped up very high still increases your chances a hell of a lot more than a basic lets go Enhance All day. Taking every single variable and putting it to the test getting the results shows a true performance.

The basic chart you posted doesnt surprise me at all. My point is that even with knowing how to dull down a Mono to handle a certain area in fact does gain depth over a DD ramped up, another point if you know these figures then it provides you with the sense that knowing your setting is actually outperforming the DD based on the test data, and again knowing when to go DD is also important, rather than walking along thinking that you have the best chance when really your walking blind and hoping, set and forget attitude. Simple things the test results provide are how the coil size gains less coil saturation which improves depth over using another coil size in our arsenal on certain ground types.

Also some operators like myself and have for many years get use to the way the grounds are talking at the highest setting, where as new operators want everything to be nice and quiet running we all know what that loses and gains.

Maybe its pointless providing the results people could just use your chart, because my results will be based on all of my coil test results with the settings and whats needed for me personally to operate.

Same old story Heatho, I like to utilize each of my 6 coils for their intended purposes and some just want to walk all day on one coil changing settings if at all.

I would never leave the Detech 15" DD Ultimate Coil on forever - it has its place in the field as mentioned.

What ever makes you happy and finds what your are looking for.

Cheers M.G :)

Note the smiley after where I said you might not want to take the Detech off MG? :) I'm quite aware of what your saying. Though my main point was that mono's don't always out perform DD's in some timings or certain situations.

The chart is just a chart from minelab, but it does give a good indication of when to use certain coils for a novice and what type of performance can be expected from certain timings with certain coil types in certain types of ground. I do not by any means suggest that it over rides experience, all I put it there for was to show which timings may suit mono or DD coils, for instance in normal timing a mono rates as "good" where as in normal timing a DD rates as "very good", it's just a guide but a very good one.

In reality the only way to set up a GPX for a certain soil type, certain day, certain region is to get out there and detect it and set it up accordingly to the best of your ability.

Regarding the magnatic soil, have you tried a "specific ground balance" to see if performance is increased?

All the best.

Hi Heatho,

For sure the Specific GB is great on the highly magnetic soils, this is also compiled in the test results for that particular area where there is not an increase in variable soil change. I was impressed to be honest

The same as a basic minelab chart, its a stepping stone.

Helping people get past that basic chart and the basic operation is more important though, Knowing even the little things like electromagnetic pulses sent into the grounds for various rx settings and how they alter and interact or interpret different.

Quote: In reality the only way to set up a GPX for a certain soil type, certain day, certain region is to get out there and detect it and set it up accordingly to the best of your ability. Thats correct Heatho again its a known, but the unknown is more important

Coil manufacturers go through a headache of research and development always continuing to provide the best for its operators and outperform another manufacturer. Im also not biased on test results if one coil outperforms another one being NF Coiltek Minelab Detech Mono or DD.

Regards M.G

Pirate pete said:
Hi MG you heading over to the west ????? can I come lol

Hi Pete,

Thats correct I have been liaising with a lease holder for a few months now, thats why I wasnt sure on if or when I could have another group day for the start of this year. I was contacted late last year regarding an offer in the West. Could be very Lucrative but in saying that all expenses are covered and I just need to do what I do best to achieve the results.

I have been provided the chance to conduct surveying and detecting of an area which is very large, assess the grounds, take samples, quad gps logging, portable accommodation provided on each site personally for me, on which ever area I chose to start with first. Quad ATV with fuel and the rest, basically all the bells and whistles for a complete prospecting operation to assess and provide the results to the lease holder to see the potential of gold production.

All finds are documented along with the geological - a good thing is the deal we have discussed on the percentage of the finds, based on weight and type.

Contract still not signed we are still going over some details, unfortunately no Internet access onsite but the complete experience will be excellent if it goes ahead.

Cheers M.G

Hi M.G, I hope you find loads of gold in your new lease. Looking forward to some results but I suppose you will be going cold turkey without the internet.
How exciting for you.

If you need someone to look after you current gold spot I am happy the take it on for you. Mind you all I will be doing is reduce the amount of lead on the site.

Hope it all works out for you and I personally will miss your gentle and kind approach to teaching others. It has been much appreciated.

Cheers

well all I can say is it's karma and couldn't happen to a nicer bloke , CAN I COME TOO lol good on ya mate I can dig holes really well lol.PP

Pirate pete said:
well all I can say is it's karma and couldn't happen to a nicer bloke , CAN I COME TOO lol good on ya mate I can dig holes really well lol.PP

Hi Pete,

I will shoot through a PM

I certainly know you can dig holes mate, after the group day and your posts :)

What an Amazing opportunity MG!!! :eek: :D

Sounds to good to be true, i hope it all goes well for you though. ;)
All the best and DONT stop posting whenever you get a chance, it would be fantastic to be updated on your expedition ;) ;) :D

Hope it all goes well with your plan.
Remember plenty of sunscreen and fly repellant
and may you find a bucket load of gold !!!
Thanks for your posts keep up the great work
Cheers?????

Hi MG,

Sounds like your onto a winner over in the west there mate. If you need a helping hand I'm keen to get into a bit of that action lol

All the best
RC GOLD

Hi All,

I didnt get out today mainly because of the heat, however I did hear something. Thats right I only heard this and havent been able to find any supporting evidence on the details.

Has anyone heard that there was a recent find near Ballarat of a very large nugget - weighing upwards of 20kg and over $1,000,000 in value

If there is truth to this find - that is a mammoth find right up there with the Hand of Faith.

Regards M.G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts