12 Weeks To Find First Gold (Persistence Pays).

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
10fp said:
MG, i would happily loan you my 14x9 evo for testing if you should wish
And in sure someone near you would lend you an 18 elite to test

there`s a lot of us following and appreciating your thread and im sure any coils you want to evaluate someone would be happy to help

Thanks for all the sharing you`v done mate

Dave in Adelaide

Hi Dave,

Thanks mate that would be awesome, Im always up for accurate testing in the fields. Something where we can all get a good overview or insight on the test results.

18" Elite Nasty - that means I would need to dig some large test holes or better yet find a good area with some square shaft type deep costeans even and shoot some holes into the sides, much like the Talbot test area only better :) - this would be good to because some people question disturbed ground. air tests etc etc

I think comparison tests for Detech 15 Evo 15 Coiltek 14 some people may say well the 15's should get deeper - and raise that as an argument - maybe thats why they went just a touch above.

Either way though a response will provide an outcome. I really think they are only whiskers apart they are all great coils.

Cheers M.G

HoudiniHarry said:
Thank for your help.
I think the 14" Coiltek seems the way to go.
I am working in Maryborough tomorrow so time to drop in and swing the deal $450

Then give it a go Sunday.

Cheers

Last time I went in they had a trade in for 11 $285.00 14 $320.00ish looked very well taken care of almost like new.

HoudiniHarry said:
So trade in on the minelab 12"? cool

I have a 12" NF you can borrow. Or maybe we can catch up and do a real test.

Cheers

Yeah for sure Harry, I traded in 3 coils for the 11" Elite

Catch up would be great, I should be heading across to Bendigo soon.

Hi MG the 14" elit at coiltec is the one that I bought lol good deal and when are you heading to Bendigo ??? wouldnt mind catching up .PP

Hi MG the 14" elit at coiltec is the one that I bought lol I got a good deal,and when are you heading to Bendigo ??? wouldn't mind catching up . just watched your latest video on the test patch well it showed me one thing I have been doing wrong I normally run in tracking so will have to change that s*** now i will have to go out more to get use to it in the new settings lol .great test mate as usual, done very well mined you I wouldn't expect anything different from you lol. PP HAD TO RE-POST AS I CANT EDIT DONT KNOW WHY ??

Hi Pete,

Thanks, I always operate in fixed, balance when needed. Tracking will lose slight depth and can track out those faint deep or faint targets, If operating in a tracking to help with the changing grounds when targets obtained simply fix the target as normal. Some area's do require a tracking depending on coil types ground variations but for me mostly fixed.

I will surely let you know when I'm over that way.

All the best - M.G

Pirate pete said:
Hi MG the 14" elit at coiltec is the one that I bought lol I got a good deal,and when are you heading to Bendigo ??? wouldn't mind catching up . just watched your latest video on the test patch well it showed me one thing I have been doing wrong I normally run in tracking so will have to change that s*** now i will have to go out more to get use to it in the new settings lol .great test mate as usual, done very well mined you I wouldn't expect anything different from you lol. PP HAD TO RE-POST AS I CANT EDIT DONT KNOW WHY ??

Oh well I tried. I have to be quicker :) I am on their wait list but I think I may just buy a new one.

Cheers

Hi M.G, What great video showing the three coils.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge, can't wait check out your setting on 4500.
Cheers. :) :)

AUaddict said:
Hi M.G, What great video showing the three coils.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge, can't wait check out your setting on 4500.
Cheers. :) :)

Thanks AU,

Always great to put theory into practice. I thoroughly enjoy tests with the machines and coils. Knowing a perfect combination can mean the difference between no gold, little gold, or as much as we can squeeze from an area.

If tests provide us with the following results for our settings then thats all we need all throughout the day in all ground types.

Ground Type = Detector Settings = Target Size = Coil Choice to achieve the results

So if we know the perfect combination with coil and settings - then we confidently know for hot grounds mild and low mineral area's which coil choice and settings we run to try to get the best we can with depth and stability.

My settings vary based on the ground type I face on each occasion, after I arrive to an area and assess the grounds, it takes a while to do this but the machine talks to us and lets us know when to make the change. Just an example, If I hit a ground area with mild concentration I will work the area in Enhance Mode and Bump through until I cant go no more where I lose ground stability. After assessing the area, I will then make the choice on windows and work them with the best optimum settings and coils needed for that particular mild area, hot area or quiet low mineral area.

I think everyone has their own approach to working the grounds the best they can, sometimes a solid foundation is whats needed though. And also increasing a strategy or adding to your system to get better performance.

Its great when you have the data with various coils Mono VS DD in certain ground types where we can squeeze another 25% or more depth by a few tweaks and leaving a mono.

I should get back out in the fields and look for more targets - I havent been out since that last heat wave we had, and only to do that Elite Test. Better start off my February Finds

All the best - and thanks for the feedback.

hi guys this is what I found yesterday as a result of watching you tube videos with special attention to ML Gold.s teaching vids
1486209121_20170203_124612.jpg

have been unable to weigh it on my scales so it is less than 0.01 scales read 0.00

Ronk said:
hi guys this is what I found yesterday as a result of watching you tube videos with special attention to ML Gold.s teaching vids
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3914/1486209121_20170203_124612.jpg

have been unable to weigh it on my scales so it is less than 0.01 scales read 0.00

That is absolute fantastic Ron,

I will put up a Vid soon with some explanation and ways to setup Settings for those who need a bit of assistance as well. Going through Special Soil Timings with the Sens Smooth and Sens Extra timings etc - that recent Coiltek Elite Comparison was pretty much 3 settings, Enhance FP, Enhance with a slight boost, Normal

If I can show some operators the advantage of setting up your Custom it is amazing what can be achieved with Custom and Special when you hit those ground conditions.

Great Efforts - reading that is a better feeling than when I find Gold Ron :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts