12 Weeks To Find First Gold (Persistence Pays).

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leroy said:
LORD, measured on Electronic scales, .001,you can imagine how tricky it was to find, I have found 2 or 3 that would go close to this one.

Ouch - 0.01g Well Done - Pirate Pete told me on the group day that he also got a 0.01g

Good work.

I might see if I can get the Panned Samples that I have and find a 0.01g 0.02g 0.03g and see if the GPX4500 with the Elite can see these on the coil and what response distance/depth it will provide.

I know that normal slightly responded when the gold was on the coil - but enhance provided a solid response at depth on the 0.05g

Good to know.

LORD, I just had a look at the other two but I would say .002/.003. The scales are electronic gun powder reloading ones so I'm confident with the weight.

madhatter said:
Published now MG!!! :eek: :eek: :p :D
Well done, and i agree with rm outback "well deserved". ;) :)

I hope it inspires you to continue posting and making videos.

Hi MH,

Thanks Mate, I guess the likes, comments and feedback inspires to keep posting and adding video's. If I can manage to cover content that will help others in the challenges then its all worth the efforts.

Day 31 and Day 32 are complete ready to post up, Numpty will enjoy Day 32 with the Goanna

Cheers

numpty said:
fantastic post MG...... as always.

i would have loved to see the lizard doing its thing, probably would of watched it for ages...... and come home with no gold!

that tree sure looks like its had a hard time growing its roots through the gold reef ;) :D :)

Hi Numpty,

Finally caught up on the Vids mate - Got one up for you to take a look at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpO9fjxr-Ms&t=1s

Enjoy

LORD, I just had a look at the other two but I would say .002/.003. The scales are electronic gun powder reloading ones so I'm confident with the weight
Very impressed Leroy !! I thought i was doing well with a .07 lol
Thats sdc territory there

Thanks LORD, I don't do so well with the 2300 I have found more little ones with the 5000,mostly with the Evo but I have chanced a few with the 12x7 NF.

Minelab Gold said:
numpty said:

i would have loved to see the lizard doing its thing, probably would of watched it for ages...... and come home with no gold!

that tree sure looks like its had a hard time growing its roots through the gold reef ;) :D :)

Hi Numpty,

Enjoy

thanks MG that's a great vid, good quality picture too.

i was getting rite into watching the detecting and i forgot all about the bloody lizard!.... was a nice surprise, thanks again.

Wow MG, .05?? That is pretty crazy for a GPX. I had never tried my 14" elite in areas that I know have the small gold. Primarily this was my bigger and deeper gold coil. I use the 9x14 for small gold areas and never did I get smaller than .2g. You must really be scraping the coil. One thing I found was my tendency to switch from Xtra Sens to Fine too quickly. Pretty sure that loses gold in many cases. Great job!

numpty said:
Minelab Gold said:
numpty said:

Hi Numpty,

Enjoy

thanks MG that's a great vid, good quality picture too.

i was getting rite into watching the detecting and i forgot all about the bloody lizard!.... was a nice surprise, thanks again.

Hah thats just great - surprise with a surprise. Glad you enjoyed it mate. I still need to check around your gold reef iron bark tree next time Im out.

If there is a reef you can help me dig it ok.

Cheers M.G

andyK said:
Wow MG, .05?? That is pretty crazy for a GPX. I had never tried my 14" elite in areas that I know have the small gold. Primarily this was my bigger and deeper gold coil. I use the 9x14 for small gold areas and never did I get smaller than .2g. You must really be scraping the coil. One thing I found was my tendency to switch from Xtra Sens to Fine too quickly. Pretty sure that loses gold in many cases. Great job!

All of those years with the GP3000 and GP3500 - I dont ever think I found smaller than 0.3g and that needed to be close to the surface. But this GPX Elite Combo wowo.

Yeah it was in the 1 1/2 inch of material scraped out from the hole, after removing 30mm or so from the top. So it was hard to get an exact depth but I do know it would have been 40mm at a guess.

I put the 14" Elite on and kept the same settings, then took the gold past the windings both with the 11" and 14", and the sensitivity wasnt as solid as the 11" - which makes sense - the smaller we go the higher the depth sensitivity to smaller gold.

Normal mode couldnt hear it - it was that faint with the gold on the coil. At any depth would definitely not see it.

I actually had a guy tell me he finds 0.01 at 5 to 6 inches deep 14" Elite GPX4500 - please dont laugh, its true :)

Pirate pete said:
Hi MG congrats on coiltec publishing your story ,why wouldnt they good story mate .by the way dont think I said i had a .01 piece but my first pieces were bloody small lol call the two little species "cuff and link " lol https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=17611

Nice one Pete,

Just checked them out. I could have sworn that you said on the group day you found a 0.01g, ah must have been someone else.

But yeah it was great of them to post it up quick.

Cheers

MG, my 0.01 with the 5000 and Evo 12 was from recollection around the 2/1/2-3 inches if you take in the leaf mulch etc and then the soil scrapings that I removed. Trouble is you need 100 of these to make a gram lol.

Hi ya thanks MG dont know but from memory the smallest piece in the picture was about .01 cant weight it as i sold it for my new elite , by the way the elite coil lost it virginity yesterday only a little piece .27 at about 2.5" but its gold lol

Leroy said:
MG, my 0.01 with the 5000 and Evo 12 was from recollection around the 2/1/2-3 inches if you take in the leaf mulch etc and then the soil scrapings that I removed. Trouble is you need 100 of these to make a gram lol.

nice one Leroy,

I was scratching my head when I first read your post, I thought maybe you had accidentally added an extra 0 - 0.001 whoa thats pan territory

Even so your 0.01 is definitely a great effort at 2 1/2 to 3 inches.

Well done

Pirate pete said:
Hi ya thanks MG dont know but from memory the smallest piece in the picture was about .01 cant weight it as i sold it for my new elite , by the way the elite coil lost it virginity yesterday only a little piece .27 at about 2.5" but its gold lol

OMG thats great Pete - they soon add up though.

Well done buddy - good to see the Elite is on the gold for you already. That 0.27 could be leading you towards 2.7 and beyond. just work it patiently and consistent.

Stay cool :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts