12 Weeks To Find First Gold (Persistence Pays).

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes sorry chaps, MG the 0 was in the wrong place, 0.01 we will blame the keypad. It still takes 100 to make a gram, won't get rich quick on that lol, as you say though they all ad up.

Hi Guys,

Just updating thread with some findings today, was a slow start a few junk targets along the way - very small junky targets nothing deep no screamers. Grounds are becoming quiet.

After walking along covering some grounds I changed area's just to break it up a bit. Well I normally am pretty easy going and takes a lot to get me worked up. We take so much pride in our hobby or profession and for certain people who think they have their own rights, wrecking everything in the fields, dropping rubbish where ever they feel like it, dont even get me started on those who dont fill their holes back in. What I seen today is absolute crap, people who think they can destroy our history. People who think they are entitled to bring heavy machinery into crown land and push old workings let alone into a historic reserve.

I would hope that everyone in this forum is not like this but if there is one person reading this and you do these sorts of things, you shouldnt even have any rights in prospecting, and I hope one day you wake up to a surprise visit from the hard working people who try to sustain our fields for all the people who do the right thing.

Destroying all of the hard worked efforts from the old miners is beyond me why.

Anyway I wont go into it too much because I like to keep my thread positive all the time guys.

So as I finished seeing something that put me into shock, literally I was shaking while filming it. I ventured back to another area and hit a nice small signal - this thing was easily 5 to 6 inches deep. Almost at the very point of the Mono Search Pattern

Check this one out.

1485774986_pic_0517.jpg

1485774986_pic_0518.jpg

1485774987_pic_0519.jpg

1485774987_pic_0520.jpg

1485774987_pic_0521.jpg

1485775011_pic_0522.jpg

1485775011_pic_0524.jpg

After finishing for the day and on my way back to the vehicle - I stopped at that Ironbark Tree in my recent post - the one that was growing all over the place. This one is for Numpty - these are what I found around the base of the tree within a 2meter circle around the tree
1485775136_pic_0523.jpg

So after arriving home guys, I wanted to share this with you all as well. Look what arrived today
1485775178_pic_0530.jpg

1485775178_pic_0532.jpg

1485775178_pic_0535.jpg

1485775178_pic_0538.jpg

Looking forward to testing it out over the next few days.

I was also advised some really good news today after getting my finds tested by a Geologist. These are the ones that I am talking about, just to show you the images.

I posted this not too long ago.
1485775283_thu_jan_05_22-07-49.jpg

These ones I found not too long ago but never posted them up on this thread.
1485775342_pic_0527.jpg

After the geologist inspected them he has confirmed they are native silver, the reason they were inspected he was very interested in the first piece because of the shape and colors. There was a potential chance it could have been a rare metal, or even better a nickel fragment from a very rare meteorite. Possibly one of only 61 specimens worldwide. Turns out all were silver, but that was better than what he said originally, either really good or just slag. So very happy with the results being Silver.

Now this is even more exciting because when you find native silver there is always gold, its rare not to find gold where there is native silver, it does happen but rare. So the results tell me that when you find silver being 5% in specific gravity then often there is gold in specific gravity of 95% of what the silver is. As you can see the Silver is a nice size - so if we add 95% to that size then we should expect gold 95% larger than those silver nuggets.

These pieces were found 4 inches below the surface so the gold would be close to 1 1/2 feet. Gets me thinking now.

Anyway here are some closeups of those pieces, the Geologist noticed native silver crystal cubes as well. Never checked them with the microscope - here are a couple of images.
1485777093_mon_jan_30_22-48-09.jpg

1485777093_mon_jan_30_22-48-28.jpg

Hopefully these may help anyone in future if they find silver they can compare. These nuggets are very worn over the years

Anyway hope you enjoy the images

Happy Hunting M.G

Another notch on your belt MG!! :D

Well done and an unbelievable find! :eek: ;) ;) :)
You never stop surprising us with your amazing posts/videos.
Cant wait to see what you find with your new coil over the next few days :D

Good Luck(not that you need it) and Have Fun ;) ;) :D

Hi M.G, great to see you are finding some great gold and now silver. It is sad to walk around the bush and find old TVs and other rubbish which seem to be breeding in the wild. Love you videos really inspiring to see you process and method.
It will be interesting to see if your new coil will provide a whole new detection field.

Cheers

Hi all,

I went out today to test out the Coiltek Elite 17x11 - the area that I went to is where I have a test ground setup,

the targets are 0.22 cal lead @ 120mm

then a line with 4 lead sinkers @ 150mm 170mm 190mm 200mm

and a single lead sinker in front of the main line @ 230mm in depth.
1485856850_pic_0168.jpg

1485856850_pic_0170.jpg

1485856850_test_area.jpg

Anyway when I arrived at the area - this is what was funny, had to have a laugh. Someone has actually dug the first target out. Which was the 0.22 cal lead which I had found along my travels, I only set this one up last week to test the SDC when Dron was down. All good still have my main targets there, for how long is anyones guess.

Here are the efforts after they had left, not a bad size hole for a 0.22 lead @ 120mm - appears smaller than it actually is in the image, I would guess it was roughly 18 or so inches round.
1485856956_pic_0543.jpg

I cleaned the area back up filled the hole and started some tests with the 17x11

Anyway after walking to another area - along the way - hit the first target a nice flat piece of lead about 3 inches deep, second target short shell 22.

Third target
1485857128_pic_1.jpg

1485857131_pic_2.jpg

1485857131_pic_3.jpg

1485857131_pic_4.jpg

1485857132_pic_5.jpg

All cleaned up
1485857150_pic_0547.jpg

Broken in within 1 1/2 hours. On initial testing appears the 17x11 handles the grounds better appears to get less saturation from the grounds being only 11" in width, sensitivity excellent and depth seemed pretty responsive on the deep test target - a little more than the 14" Round but only a whisker.

I will need to run a test in the field with the 14" 17x11" - from memory though the 14" could only just see the 230mm depth target in Enhance - but smashed them all in Normal General, the 17x11 didnt appear to be as responsive as the 14" Round in Normal on those targets - but did appear to be more responsive on the deeper target in Enhance.

Other than a quick run was very impressed with the coil, looking forward to running it in the open grounds away from the dense bush which is probably 40% detectable with the amount of shrubs etc.

Cheers M.G

hi there Minelab Gold thanks for such an informative post wish i had read something like this many years ago , the hard part is trying to read the land and when i go out now i do have a better idea of what to look for , I have just purchased a gpz7000 and now wife has got the bug too so she bought a gpx4500 , we have done a day out with the guys from maryborough gold shop to learn a bit about detecting and using our detectors . I feel like such a novice but have been gold prospecting all of my life off and on , i was taught to pan by my dad when i was a kid in the blackwood area and i know the lerderderg river quite well , but trying to pick out a new spot to detect has always just been a hit and miss affair . we spent 3 mths in WA about 17 years ago and we did find gold eventually but again is was just persistence not a knowledge of what we are doing that won out . must say i thoroughy enjoyed WA outback and was a bit peeved to have to come home , since then we have tried some detecting about 2 times with the old sd2100 (this one is particularly dead) and we had not found any gold until about 3 weeks ago while out with the training session , where we found 2 pieces in one spot and another piece about 10 mins north by road, We started to watch you tube gold fossicking videos and discovered your channel and was glad i did . So thanks for for your posts here too . If you ever decide to do field day i would love to come , please consider it .

cheers Ron

Hi Ron,

Thanks Mate, using a detector as you know can be hit and miss. And what sign posts we do have is not necessarily that there is no gold in the area, just means either too deep or the grounds have already been covered and makes it more difficult to ascertain a gold deposit or even find a nugget for that matter. We see many hit and miss holes all throughout the goldfields, just to think the old timers picked a spot dug a large hole for many times no rewards. But they continued their search with known techniques until eventually finding their pockets, runs or reefs etc.

Its important to understand the grounds, depths, deposit types, often the gold will tell us many things when found we can determine if the gold is in multiple deposits based on depth if it is virgin ground still in situ. So many operators simply remove the gold fill the hole and search frantically without assessing many things prior during and after the find. Secondary, Primary, Younger, Older

Sounds like you want to go back to W.A :)

I will include your details on the list and contact you with dates, so far its looking after April though - thanks again. M.G

Hi All,

I went out today to test various size targets against each of the Coiltek Elite Coils 11" 14" and 17x11 - in a factory preset, enhance and general soil timings. Then changed the settings to achieve response. Just to see how the GPX4500 and each coil interpreted the targets.

I also buried a 7.86 gram piece of Gold out of range in enhance for the 11" Elite - again factory preset, enhance with some juice, then across to Normal.

After getting the filming done and only just arriving home, I will put them all together and let you all know when its completed.

Cheers M.G

Hi M.G, great to see your testing. Its always good to have comparisons and accurate testing.
It would be really good to test against the NF range.

Now I hope you left the 7.86 gm nugget in the ground so we can test :)
Looking forward to seeing your latest blockbuster.

Always good to read your blog especially finding gold. This not only keeps up our hope but also motivation.

Cheers

Thanks HH,

Yeah I will upload it shortly, as for the testing I didnt want to make it too complicated or the video would have gone for a very long time. Currently with testing each of the coils - 3 coils on the various targets with the settings - it still ended up being a 55 minute test after the content was compiled.

It helps to provide people with some insight on the settings and coils though. I actually learnt something myself when I performed the tests, some things I wasnt surprised with and some things well - you can hear my reaction. Especially the 11" Elite on the 7.86 gram piece of gold.

As for the comparison tests with the NF Evo Range - yeah well that could be fun but dont have any NF's and not looking to get any at all.

I think next test will be 1 and 2 ounce comparison between the 14" and 17x11"

Gold in the ground, thats funny. You always make me laugh HH

Cheers

Hi M.G, great to see your videos especially as it provides some excellent tips and skills.
Looking to change from the 14" NF evolution to either 14", 12" or 17X11" and give these a try.
The 11" appears to be very stable and quiet which may help me find more gold.

Cheers

MG, i would happily loan you my 14x9 evo for testing if you should wish
And in sure someone near you would lend you an 18 elite to test

there`s a lot of us following and appreciating your thread and im sure any coils you want to evaluate someone would be happy to help

Thanks for all the sharing you`v done mate

Dave in Adelaide

Hi Harry,

video is being uploaded as we speak, just processing now. If you are using headphones on your PC or Laptop, Be prepared though for your ears, many targets in 55 minutes lol.

Overall its a good test - with 3 basic setting adjustments just to show various response with all coils. For argument sake I wanted to keep it equal on all changes and not dive deep into the fine tuning for each. Would have taken a lot more time, and if we tune for each then its not a real comparison.

Thats great hopefully you nail the perfect coil choice - my go to is the 14. The Detech 15" Spiral OMG had some issue's but all fixed now - apparently it was the only one in Australia that had this issue. Anyway I wont advise what the problem was, because this coil is absolutely awesome on sensitivity and depth, definitely a great addition for handling super hot grounds. A touch heavy but hey we get use to the weight after a while.

Cheers M.G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts