12 Weeks To Find First Gold (Persistence Pays).

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pete,

Yeah that was footage from day 29 out at the hole of gold area. It was pretty much the same as those other video's that I uploaded, Part 1 Part 2 Gold Hole, the ones that had some gold finds and explanations between. Only the footage was compressed into almost an action trailer you could say.

I actually have day 29 day and day 31 - but wasnt sure on adding those on youtube. Day 30 was when I forgot the SD Card.

The friendly Echidna that I seen was going about his business, and walked straight past me while I filmed him, he would have been within arms reach when he strolled past me.

That test patch is pretty considerate of the person who put it in. Always good to have these, and sure for the best results is in undisturbed grounds. Nice one

Minelab Gold said:
Hi Pete,

Yeah that was footage from day 29 out at the hole of gold area. It was pretty much the same as those other video's that I uploaded, Part 1 Part 2 Gold Hole, the ones that had some gold finds and explanations between. Only the footage was compressed into almost an action trailer you could say.

I actually have day 29 day and day 31 - but wasnt sure on adding those on youtube. Day 30 was when I forgot the SD Card.

The friendly Echidna that I seen was going about his business, and walked straight past me while I filmed him, he would have been within arms reach when he strolled past me.

That test patch is pretty considerate of the person who put it in. Always good to have these, and sure for the best results is in undisturbed grounds. Nice one

Hey MG, :)
I think you should let us judge that footage of day 29 and 31 for you :D and we can help you decide if you want to add it to youtube :lol: ;) ;)

Hi MG that test patch was really good for me just to try out my new coil was interesting got the coil over that 10oz at 27"and had no problems hearing it and lifted the coil up about another 4" and could still hear it very happy .

Pirate pete said:
Hi MG that test patch was really good for me just to try out my new coil was interesting got the coil over that 10oz at 27"and had no problems hearing it and lifted the coil up about another 4" and could still hear it very happy .

Test patches are great confidence boosters - providing that belief we all need from time to time. Ideally a test patch setup in low mild and hot grounds is just perfect so you can see the difference needed in machine settings and coil changes when required to keep stability and maximum depth.

The more you do this test the better you become at knowing when it is time to flick a switch, or change the coil.

Thats great Pete

Hi Guys,

Just updating thread with some findings today, yesterday I had a friend from NSW visit and also brought his SDC. After seeing this thing in action I wanted to put it up to some tests. Surprising

I found a target in the ground within 5 minutes on firing up the GPX - this was easily found with the GPX Elite - solid enough to pull anyone up as a dig target, I then called over Dron to check the signal, couldnt be heard on the SDC - Scraped an inch off the top and the signal could now be faintly heard as a dig target for the SDC - I let old mate dig it out - couldnt let him go home with no yellow. Not saying he wasnt going to find another piece :) but was good to share the experience either way.

After more tests with the SDC on my test target area - again I was surprised that the SDC Couldnt see these targets at all, 0.22 Lead at maybe 5 inches, the other targets are 230mm 200mm 190mm 170mm and 150mm none could be heard as dig targets.

Anyway it was great having him come over and got to head out for some swinging.

After Dron left today to head back to NSW - I headed out for the remainder of the arvo at roughly 2:00pm to my favorite area. Day 32 and feeling good about the day

Check this out guys - friendly fella - managed to get within arms reach - apparently they have oral toxin glands, so I was sure to keep that distance. Only ever seen 2 in the wild but never this close.
1485252800_goanna.jpg

1485252800_goanna_1.jpg

1485252800_goanna_2.jpg

1485252800_goanna_3.jpg

1485252800_goanna_4.jpg

During the day also managed to get these little fella's - all shallow from 1 to 3 inches. The larger piece was a challenge it kept falling further down to the point that there was no longer a signal. I opened the hole up wider so I could get the coil tip in and there it was. Still took a bit to get it up and out, just one of those little tricky nuggets. All good target out and in the hand.
1485253131_pic_0475_-_copy.jpg

1485253710_pic_0476.jpg

I always look at this tree when i am at this area, something about it that is pretty unique. This is one tree, and look at the way it has grown over the years.
1485253229_pic_0459_-_copy.jpg

1485253229_pic_0460_-_copy.jpg

I also captured the lizard on film, pretty awesome footage. All the gold finds as well, that echidna the other day. So yeah it has been great the last few days. Something different to mix it up a bit.

Oh and a nice 1/2" Rusty Round Solid Bar 200mm in length - about 2 & 1/2 feet deep - fun :)

Hope you guys enjoy the images.

fantastic post MG...... as always.

i would have loved to see the lizard doing its thing, probably would of watched it for ages...... and come home with no gold!

that tree sure looks like its had a hard time growing its roots through the gold reef ;) :D :)

Thanks Numpty,

I filmed it for about 15 minutes, walking along, then changed positions and it spotted me, so I followed to film some more and it started to climb the tree, didnt want to take too much of the lizards time. But yeah I could have followed this thing all arvo - they are solid creatures thats for sure, compared to the general skink or gekko haha or even a blue tongue or shingleback aint got much on these - I see the occasional dragons out in the bush fast little fella's - not sure I would be quick enough to get the ones on film though. The Goanna would have easily been 1200mm length

Hey maybe I should check at the base of this tree, next time I go past it I will have a swing and post up any findings for you. Its on the north east slope and there is a large section on this side of the hill with gravel wash on the surface. And 20 meters further down a lonely miners test hole.

All the best - Regards M.G

Hi Guys,

Well today was another outing back to the gold hole area, was a great day. My brother came out with me and before we left jokingly I said lets go find the Australia nugget. He actually laughed and said more like Tasmania

When arriving I changed my usual strategy with the 14" Elite and switched over to the 11" Elite and set it in Enhance Gain up - just to see if there were any small pieces that will still give a signal in the main area where I have worked pretty thoroughly over the last 30 or so days. Not the edge but in the windows already worked. Scouting under anything small that the 14 couldnt get or even the mullocks hoping to hit any small signals.

Well first target under a low lying bush right up against the trunk a signal, within the first 5 minutes, a nice little rusty nail head. I continued to a mullock where I hit 3 pieces of Gold Prior with the 14" - 1 in the mullock and 2 just at the base of it.

Well there we are only 1 foot to the left of where I hit one small piece - a signal. And it was Gold - roughly 2 inches deep 0.05g

After a couple of hours on the 11" in the main area - a very small piece of rust - this thing only just registered.

In between this we had a break, hah again we laughed at the small piece of gold and said thats not even Tasmania that thing - my brother is out on the edge working away with the GP35 with the Detech and he had quite a pile of junk, rust lead etc.

After 3 or so hours on the 11" Elite - it was good to change it up and get in some tight area's - but no more targets found. The main area is getting to the point now that it is a challenge to hit targets with the current setup - Is there gold still there - of course there is but now I will need to assess what can be done to achieve more finds.

I will now assess the current strategy and technique and switch over to another which has proven to be an excellent gold finding strategy - just havent used it out there yet.

Well after a few hours time to put the 14" Elite back on - I absolutely love this coil, back on and running in Normal again. Hit some nice deep targets but unfortunately not gold - but still great just to be able to dig some deep ones. Not sure what one object was but it signal responded 0.22 Lead - maybe 6 inches deep - hah was I in for a surprise, 2 feet later a piece of steel - almost looked like a capacitor rusted away - roughly as round as a 5 cent piece and 20mm in length - the depth these coils get is great - and the response that it provides for such a small solid at that depth. The grounds are mostly mild soils in this area and running in Normal with Fixed tracking was no probs at all.

Being able to fine tune the GPX for stability and ensuring to keep depth - or switching it up to increase depth and sensitivity on the smalls is just great. Provides us with such a better advantage in the fields.

Anyway here it is guys - smallest piece found out there so far with using the detector. The smallest were those panned samples
1485429598_pic_1_.jpg

1485429598_pic.jpg

1485429598_pic_0487.jpg

Almost had me beat today though - Day 33 - 32 days with gold finds, and I think it would be hard to ever get past that goal of consecutive days, definitely not impossible though happened once, fair jump though from the previous consecutive days was 7 in a row.

I will need to check my finds list - but that should just about put me close to 50 pieces of Gold Found this month, last time I added to my list it was at 43 pieces, And a Total of 25.6g. Not that it matters even if it was none this month, good to keep these figures though.

I dont really care what size or how many I will find tomorrow, if at all. - but its more so what will the next piece look like. Of course we all would love to find the KG Nuggets but unrealistic goals are not good, doesnt hurt to dream though - but keep expectations low, and just enjoy every target.

Anyway hope you liked my 0.05g so far its my smallest piece ever found with a detector, in 15 or so years.

Struth, Bush Tucker and Gold,

Great Posts MG I always enjoy them and the pictures are the icing on the cake, Congrats on the Gold and keep up the good work,

John.

Hey Guys,

Caught up today with some video's, just need to upload them - havent been out the bush yet. Still contemplating on which video to do first.

1. Battling with GPX settings Ground Conditions and Coil Types to ensure you get maximum stability, sensitivity, depth.
2. Reading the grounds to better your advantage
3. How to find new windows - with an increased probability

Also if you have a spare 5 or so minutes - Coiltek published my Story

http://www.coiltek.com.au/a-journey/

Few grammatical errors - but I just kept typing, after submitting my story I actually looked at other stories after this. Whoops mine is almost like a novel.

Make sure to open new tab though - would hate to steer traffic from the wonderful PA

Cheers Guys - Happy Hunting over the weekend. Bit warm, stay cool and keep the fluids up.

Published now MG!!! :eek: :eek: :p :D
Well done, and i agree with rm outback "well deserved". ;) :)

I hope it inspires you to continue posting and making videos.

Leroy said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7622/1485566392_image.jpg MG. I think the 5000 and the 12 inch Evo might have pipped you on the smallest piece with a detector.

Well Done Leroy,

I would imagine the 5000 should be able to ping a better response with a Fine Gold timing as well.

Looks like a 0.03g just by guessing - pretty impressive - That was in Enhance - Sens Extra - RX 11, ST 9

Be interesting to know the depth as well. With the 0.05g I scraped about 30mm from the surface with my boot, then roughly another 1 1/2 inches and the target was out. Hard to say if it was in the bottom of the 1 1/2 inches or not.

I posted up the 0.05g on my Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMN7w5_n6ys

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts